It's time to say it: cp3 no longer matters

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

hardenASG13
Analyst
And1: 1,328

It's time to say it: cp3 no longer matters 

Post#1 » by hardenASG13 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:24 am

I've thought he was overrated the last few years, he's had a fine supporting cast in LA and never did anything in new Orleans. He's still really good, but his unwillingness to shoot more has always held him and his team back. He's selfish, just not in the traditional ball hog sense. Rather, in the sense that he won't score more, often times at the detriment of his team and instead will try to over pass. He's a jerk to his teammates and I'd imagine, based on what I'm seeing in LA, they are sick of his **** and now that he is in a decline, it could become a mess in LA after they get bounced early again. Not sure why people are in such denial over his flaws ( maybe because he's a "traditional" point guard (big deal, that hasn't cut it for years)). What do others think? Does Chris Paul really matter in today's nba?
alebaba
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,366

Re: It's time to say it: cp3 no longer matters 

Post#2 » by alebaba » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:33 am

hardenASG13 wrote:I've thought he was overrated the last few years, he's had a fine supporting cast in LA and never did anything in new Orleans. He's still really good, but his unwillingness to shoot more has always held him and his team back. He's selfish, just not in the traditional ball hog sense. Rather, in the sense that he won't score more, often times at the detriment of his team and instead will try to over pass. He's a jerk to his teammates and I'd imagine, based on what I'm seeing in LA, they are sick of his **** and now that he is in a decline, it could become a mess in LA after they get bounced early again. Not sure why people are in such denial over his flaws ( maybe because he's a "traditional" point guard (big deal, that hasn't cut it for years)). What do others think? Does Chris Paul really matter in today's nba?

What??? I heard the opposite, he get along with all his teammate and well like from all his past teammates...
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,590

Post#3 » by OkcSinceSGA » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:35 am

This team is toast. Let's be honest they are a shell of themselves of the recent years. No other option besides to blow up the team, even if it means 10 years of mediocrity.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
Warriors07
Rookie
And1: 750

Post#4 » by Warriors07 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:36 am

what the heck, a willing passer is selfish? and teammates hate a dude that pass too much? Im pretty clueless here
hardenASG13
Analyst

Post#5 » by hardenASG13 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:40 am

They don't hate him because he over passes, he just shows them up all the time. Bill Simmons (somewhat of a douche these days) who is a longtime clippers season ticket holders says the body language of the team is awful. By overpassing to less capable scorers, it's not always the most beneficial to his team. Everyone always talks about him as an mvp candidate until he gets hurt (which he usually does), I just don't see it. Don't think you can build around cp3 and be anything more than a second round exit. His days of mattering in the nba are over, he's not winning anything as a lead guy
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,173

Post#6 » by og15 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:42 am

Poster says this after the Clippers lose to Denver in a game without DJ and Griffin where CP like many other games is positive while on the court but the bench units are anywhere from - 10 to - 20 when they come in the floor together. Doc's rotations need to change because the bench is not working especially putting so much of them on together.

He's still consistently the Clippers highest impact player, and has a positive impact on winning in both ends, so I don't how else a player "matters".
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#7 » by RaptorsLife » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:43 am

Hate his corny state Farm commercials. But there are more exciting pg's in the nba now. Hopefully he stays healthy and performs great in the playoffs
Raptors til death
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,173

Post#8 » by og15 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:45 am

hardenASG13 wrote:They don't hate him because he over passes, he just shows them up all the time. Bill Simmons (somewhat of a douche these days) who is a longtime clippers season ticket holders says the body language of the team is awful. By overpassing to less capable scorers, it's not always the most beneficial to his team. Everyone always talks about him as an mvp candidate until he gets hurt (which he usually does), I just don't see it. Don't think you can build around cp3 and be anything more than a second round exit
How are there people who will think Bill Simmons actually has any special insight on the Clippers?

You see how the less capable scorer in Brandon Bass looked very good doing the things he does well with CP getting him the ball tonight. What a tragedy.
hardenASG13
Analyst

Post#9 » by hardenASG13 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:48 am

og15 wrote:Poster says this after the Clippers lose to Denver in a game without DJ and Griffin where CP like many other games is positive while on the court but the bench units are anywhere from - 10 to - 20 when they come in the floor together. Doc's rotations need to change because the bench is not working especially putting so much of them on together.

He's still consistently the Clippers highest impact player, and has a positive impact on winning in both ends, so I don't how else a player "matters".

Nothing to do with tonight's game. Nothing has ever worked around him. Yeah I said he's still really good, and can be the highest impact player, but so what? In new Orleans that meant nothing, in LA it's meant maybe they can reach the conference finals to now maybe they can win a series. I'm saying if he's consistently your highest impact guy, you need a better high impact guy or will come up against one in the playoffs. Those are the guys who I say matter (who can take over a playoff series this year and moving forward, and lead a team to a title) I don't think he's that guy
hardenASG13
Analyst

Post#10 » by hardenASG13 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:51 am

og15 wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:They don't hate him because he over passes, he just shows them up all the time. Bill Simmons (somewhat of a douche these days) who is a longtime clippers season ticket holders says the body language of the team is awful. By overpassing to less capable scorers, it's not always the most beneficial to his team. Everyone always talks about him as an mvp candidate until he gets hurt (which he usually does), I just don't see it. Don't think you can build around cp3 and be anything more than a second round exit
How are there people who will think Bill Simmons actually has any special insight on the Clippers?

You see how the less capable scorer in Brandon Bass looked very good doing the things he does well with CP getting him the ball tonight. What a tragedy.

Cool so he makes Brandon bass better. I'll take a bunch of other guys. Nobody is scared of a cp3 team in the playoffs, and rightfully so.
sims
Bench Warmer
And1: 442

Post#11 » by sims » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:56 am

outside of lebron the whole banana boat crew has become completely irrelevant
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,832

Post#12 » by dirkforpres » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:57 am

Still a Top 3 PG in the league... I can't stand the guy though
FIRE JASON KIDD
hardenASG13
Analyst

Post#13 » by hardenASG13 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:04 am

dirkforpres wrote:Still a Top 3 PG in the league... I can't stand the guy though

Arguably (westbrook, harden are better, curry, Irving, wall debatable). That's my point, he's arguably a top 3 point guard, and I'd say no. Hes irrelevant in the big picture because of his reluctance to take over more offensively at the expense of his percentages, which doesn't get it done.
alebaba
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,366

Post#14 » by alebaba » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:09 am

hardenASG13 wrote:
og15 wrote:

Cool so he makes Brandon bass better. I'll take a bunch of other guys. Nobody is scared of a cp3 team in the playoffs, and rightfully so.

Because ppl are so scare of James Harden in the playoff.. His style of play never work out in the playoff, he always suck in the playoff.
hardenASG13
Analyst

Post#15 » by hardenASG13 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:13 am

alebaba wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:
og15 wrote:How are there people who will think Bill Simmons actually has any special insight on the Clippers?

Because ppl are so scare of James Harden in the playoff.. His style of play never work out in the playoff, he always suck in the playoff.

I don't think anyone wants to play houston....besides the point, if you ask do I think harden is better than cp3? Yes, fairly obviously. But I'm just pointing out that cp3s get your 20/11/4 at his size means nothing anymore when you look around the nba landscape. Yes people should be more scared of harden he's amazing
casketball
Senior
And1: 405

Post#16 » by casketball » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:13 am

There's like seven point guards I'd rather have than Chris Paul. He has done less with more talent than other teams.

Tony Snell Superfan
"Get Out the Way, Let the Real F. Ballas thru" - Juvenile
Tetlak
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,134

Post#17 » by Tetlak » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:19 am

I've been saying that he's overrated for years now. He's a very good player, don't get me wrong. But people revere him based on his advanced stats. He's choked/been outperformed in the clutch during the playoffs numerous times in his career. Some people talk about him as the greatest point guard ever...
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,369

Post#18 » by baldur » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:23 am

Wow, we were giving the mvp award to him 2 months ago. Things change so quickly these days.
hardenASG13
Analyst

Post#19 » by hardenASG13 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:27 am

Tetlak wrote:I've been saying that he's overrated for years now. He's a very good player, don't get me wrong. But people revere him based on his advanced stats. He's choked/been outperformed in the clutch during the playoffs numerous times in his career. Some people talk about him as the greatest point guard ever...

Exactly. His advanced stats are great, because he doesn't take many bad shots. Meanwhile, when rooting against him, Im always thinking **** that's in when he shoots. But he doesn't enough. So he shoots his high percentages, his crappier teammates take more shots, and they ultimately do nothing as a team. Now he's past his physical prime,and has always been too small and passive to truly dominate.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#20 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:30 am

hardenASG13 wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:Still a Top 3 PG in the league... I can't stand the guy though

Arguably (westbrook, harden are better, curry, Irving, wall debatable). That's my point, he's arguably a top 3 point guard, and I'd say no. Hes irrelevant in the big picture because of his reluctance to take over more offensively at the expense of his percentages, which doesn't get it done.

I'm actually fairly confident he does take over late game with more points and assists than usual and runs a vastly more efficient late game offence than say a prime kobe lead laker offence (which I suspect is pretty middling at best TBH).

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot

Return to The General Board