Do Guys like Playing with Chris Paul?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Shanghai Kid
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Do Guys like Playing with Chris Paul? 

Post#1 » by Shanghai Kid » Wed May 10, 2017 5:58 am

There were a few interviews with Glenn 'Big Baby' Davis where he was asked about Chris Paul and indicated that Paul rubs his teammates the wrong way and is on an island of his own.

When asked to compare Rondo to CP3, he said that when you miss a shot Rondo would help your confidence by telling you to keep shooting, where as Paul would get down on you.

Paul is praised for his leadership and floor general ability, what do you think about apparent lack of relationship with teammates and would that change your opinion on his leadership?
ShotCreator
Analyst
And1: 2,332

Re: Do Guys like Playing with Chris Paul? 

Post#2 » by ShotCreator » Wed May 10, 2017 6:00 am

Glenn Davis is a loser and a clown.

Rondo is not better than Chris Paul. Not on his tier in literally any of their years in the NBA together.
Swinging for the fences.
Shanghai Kid
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#3 » by Shanghai Kid » Wed May 10, 2017 6:02 am

ShotCreator wrote:Glenn Davis is a loser and a clown.

Rondo is not better than Chris Paul. Not on his tier in literally any of their years in the NBA together.

I'm not really referring to who the better player is, just about how they get along with teammates and how that would effect your view on their leadership.
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,624

Post#4 » by Cappy_Smurf » Wed May 10, 2017 6:13 am

I imagine, at the very least, Tyson Chandler and Deandre Jordan like playing with him.

Don't know about other guys though.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran
And1: 1,285

Post#5 » by FreeSpiritNY » Wed May 10, 2017 6:51 am

Shanghai Kid wrote:

I'm not really referring to who the better player is, just about how they get along with teammates and how that would effect your view on their leadership.

I mean one did help lead his team to a chanpionship.
One has yet to get the semi finals.
I use to love cp3 but his lack of success just rubs me the wrong way
Kind of like Howard, cousins, Melo
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#6 » by Dupp » Wed May 10, 2017 7:09 am

Paul's one of my favourite players but this isn't the first guy to make these kind of comments about Paul. I think he's too demanding for his own good.

I think there was a kenyon Martin interview recently saying teammates thought Paul was too ball dominant and they thought he always had to be the one to get the assist and things of that nature
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#7 » by kamaze » Wed May 10, 2017 7:11 am

Damn Rondo was easier to play with than him? CP3 must be a real jerk.

Cappy_Smurf wrote:I imagine, at the very least, Tyson Chandler and Deandre Jordan like playing with him.

Don't know about other guys though.

Deandre almost signed with Dallas because he didn't get along with Chris Paul. It took them going to meet him with DocRivers & CP3 letting him know they needed him.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,547

Post#8 » by 76ciology » Wed May 10, 2017 7:29 am

Depends. Most role players would. More star players won't.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#9 » by Pennebaker » Wed May 10, 2017 10:30 am

Shanghai Kid wrote:There were a few interviews with Glenn 'Big Baby' Davis where he was asked about Chris Paul and indicated that Paul rubs his teammates the wrong way and is on an island of his own.

When asked to compare Rondo to CP3, he said that when you miss a shot Rondo would help your confidence by telling you to keep shooting, where as Paul would get down on you.

Paul is praised for his leadership and floor general ability, what do you think about apparent lack of relationship with teammates and would that change your opinion on his leadership?

It seems that Big Baby really was a big baby.
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#10 » by Pennebaker » Wed May 10, 2017 10:38 am

Dupp wrote:Paul's one of my favourite players but this isn't the first guy to make these kind of comments about Paul. I think he's too demanding for his own good.

I think there was a kenyon Martin interview recently saying teammates thought Paul was too ball dominant and they thought he always had to be the one to get the assist and things of that nature

"teammates thought Paul was too ball dominant and they thought he always had to be the one to get the assist and things of that nature"

That's a positive feature if im an owner. that's what alphas are made of.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#11 » by Dupp » Wed May 10, 2017 10:43 am

Pennebaker wrote:
Dupp wrote:Paul's one of my favourite players but this isn't the first guy to make these kind of comments about Paul. I think he's too demanding for his own good.

"teammates thought Paul was too ball dominant and they thought he always had to be the one to get the assist and things of that nature"

That's a positive feature if im an owner. that's what alphas are made of.

I think his point was Paul tries to much to go for the home run play rather than the best play available for the team.

starts at 6 minutes if interested

Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,483

Post#12 » by Doctor MJ » Wed May 10, 2017 2:06 pm

Shanghai Kid wrote:There were a few interviews with Glenn 'Big Baby' Davis where he was asked about Chris Paul and indicated that Paul rubs his teammates the wrong way and is on an island of his own.

To me Paul is your typical boss who effectively resents the fact that others aren't as smart as he is and does not suffer fools.

It's not the worst problem to have, but yes, for many, even those who gladly play with him, Paul is unpleasant to be around and doesn't really facilitate the building of personal confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#13 » by The_Hater » Wed May 10, 2017 2:11 pm

I think basketball players in general like playing with teammates who defend, take good shots, play hard and especially pass the ball. That's fairly universal. Nobody likes playing with ball hogs who take bad shots even if they're you best friends off the court. That doesn't mean Paul's teammates love him as a person.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Gary Cokeman
Pro Prospect
And1: 3,387

Post#14 » by Gary Cokeman » Wed May 10, 2017 2:13 pm

Probably not, I've always heard he's an ****.
My Teams Always Suck.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#15 » by Slava » Wed May 10, 2017 2:14 pm

Doctor MJ wrote:

To me Paul is your typical boss who effectively resents the fact that others aren't as smart as he is and does not suffer fools.

It's not the worst problem to have, but yes, for many, even those who gladly play with him, Paul is unpleasant to be around and doesn't really facilitate the building of personal confidence.

Nothing wrong with being demanding, the narrative around Paul at least from the the last ESPN piece Arnovitz did was that he is overly surly and caustic with his criticism of teammates to the point that guys like Griffin started suffering self doubt. At the same time he is never too generous with praise when they did well either.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#16 » by Nolan » Wed May 10, 2017 2:17 pm

You completely missed the point. OP is talking about leadership not talent. Of course Paul is the better player but that's not the topic.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#17 » by j-ragg » Wed May 10, 2017 2:25 pm

People have always said he's an ass hole on the court as a teammate.

But I've never heard wht Kenyon Martin was saying. Didn't know he was known as such a ball hog.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#18 » by Nolan » Wed May 10, 2017 2:30 pm

Doctor MJ wrote:

That pretty much sums up my feelings/opinion on him as well.

But those aren't exactly qualities I want from my PG.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,366

Post#19 » by Patches Perry » Wed May 10, 2017 2:31 pm

I can imagine people don't like playing with him for the same reason they wouldn't like playing with Michael Jordan. He is ultra competitive and at times degrading, and there isn't much time for pats on the back.

He needs his good cop so his personality and method of leadership can be bad cop. Pippen was a godsend for Jordan in that way.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,967

Post#20 » by Domejandro » Wed May 10, 2017 2:37 pm

JoeypopsNY wrote:
Shanghai Kid wrote:

I mean one did help lead his team to a chanpionship.
One has yet to get the semi finals.
I use to love cp3 but his lack of success just rubs me the wrong way
Kind of like Howard, cousins, Melo

Oh come on, Rajon Rondo did not help lead that team, he was gifted three Hall-of-Fame players.

Return to The General Board