The Cavs put the nail in the coffin on the regular season

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,625

Re: The Cavs put the nail in the coffin on the regular season 

Post#21 » by bmurph128 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:10 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:The Cavs look like they will sweep their way to the finals. All of the regular season indicators had them struggling somewhat to make the finals. They were terrible defensively and simply didn't care. They had everyone convinced they had legitimate issues. The fact that they flipped the switch so easily shows how useless the regular season is. They could be 6th next season and as long as they are healthy they would and should be massive favorites.

I was never convinced of anything. I have been saying for quite sometime call me worried if they are doing this in the playoffs. We told you LeBron is merely resting up, and as the clear team leader, other are going to follow his lead on this, especially after the pressure being off due to a title finally.

It's just like last year when everyone was crowning Curry and call him the best in the NBA. Here I was telling you LeBron is still king and he will show it. He did, and that debate ended. Yet people fell for CLE's issue this year, it was like the same dang argument lol.

People can tell me I am biased, or a GS hater (I admittedly am) or whatever they please, but they cannot tell me I didn't say this all along lol. A few others did as well, but it seems mostly only Cavs fans were telling you this was going to happen.

Yea, I was saying this all along too.

The Cavs would have absolutely destroyed the Rockets in a series...I think we can all see that now. Rockets fans weren't thinking that way during the season though.
Ichimoku
Junior
And1: 104

Post#22 » by Ichimoku » Fri May 19, 2017 7:13 pm

If LeBron and the rest of the team would be locked in for the all 82 games as much as they are in the playoffs, Cavs would be 65-70 wins team.
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,625

Post#23 » by bmurph128 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:14 pm

Lol I do want to point out however...

The Cavs have played the Celtics, Raptors, Pacers. With LeBron in the lineup, we were 9-1 against these teams in the regular season.

Our lone loss to Boston was on the road, a close game, and Lue was experimenting with new lineups down the stretch...

So the regular season did kind of point toward this..
MastermindLV
Senior
And1: 822

Post#24 » by MastermindLV » Fri May 19, 2017 7:15 pm

Cappy_Smurf wrote:
MastermindLV wrote:Exactly why KD joined the Warriors. Equal the playing field

Nah, you guys were up 3-1 on LeBron and things very easily could have gone your way with the bounce of a ball or two. The playing field was already even.

KD joined the warriors because he's a sissy that quit on his team that was right there with 2 other teams on that level playing field.

Yeah but instead of getting tired and worn down before the finals, now they don't have to work as hard. So they can be full strength in the Finals. Pretty much what the Cavs do.
SH0KASE
Junior
And1: 434

Post#25 » by SH0KASE » Fri May 19, 2017 7:28 pm

when you put top5 all time player give him 2 more all stars and shooters everywhere and place them in super weak conference, this is what u get.
J Shuttlesworth
Rookie
And1: 1,601

Post#26 » by J Shuttlesworth » Fri May 19, 2017 7:30 pm

When the Cavs have two MVPs, 4 all stars, and an FMVP off the bench, the playing field will be equal.
Nick Sigler
Pro Prospect
And1: 703

Post#27 » by Nick Sigler » Fri May 19, 2017 7:32 pm

jbk1234 wrote:Spurs and the Heat both did this before the Cavs.

Hell, the Kobe-Shaq era Lakers used to do this exact same thing.

If everyone could do it, they would. You need a transcendent, all-time talent. Most teams don't have that luxury.
MastermindLV
Senior
And1: 822

Post#28 » by MastermindLV » Fri May 19, 2017 7:37 pm

J Shuttlesworth wrote:

When the Cavs have two MVPs, 4 all stars, and an FMVP off the bench, the playing field will be equal.

Cavs have more MVPs and FMVPs than the Warriors combined. Also have 3 All-Stars, and an easier conference to go through.

if KD stayed on the Thunder it would have been them, Spurs and Warriors battling to get to the Finals while the Cavs breeze through the East
Seabass11
Sixth Man
And1: 1,125

Post#29 » by Seabass11 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:42 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
VinBaker6 wrote:The Cavs look like they will sweep their way to the finals. All of the regular season indicators had them struggling somewhat to make the finals. They were terrible defensively and simply didn't care. They had everyone convinced they had legitimate issues. The fact that they flipped the switch so easily shows how useless the regular season is. They could be 6th next season and as long as they are healthy they would and should be massive favorites.

I was never convinced of anything. I have been saying for quite sometime call me worried if they are doing this in the playoffs. We told you LeBron is merely resting up, and as the clear team leader, other are going to follow his lead on this, especially after the pressure being off due to a title finally.

It's just like last year when everyone was crowning Curry and call him the best in the NBA. Here I was telling you LeBron is still king and he will show it. He did, and that debate ended. Yet people fell for CLE's issue this year, it was like the same dang argument lol.

People can tell me I am biased, or a GS hater (I admittedly am) or whatever they please, but they cannot tell me I didn't say this all along lol. A few others did as well, but it seems mostly only Cavs fans were telling you this was going to happen.

You know what's great? They'll all fall for it again next year too...
Seabass11
Sixth Man
And1: 1,125

Post#30 » by Seabass11 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:46 pm

G35 wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:

You can only say this when the outcome is positive. Yes they have been saying this for a while, but after 2015 no one said this was a great idea. It is only when the desired outcome happens that the "I told you so" is valid. Its like I heard on the Mike and Mike show that Lebron had a private conversation with Kevin Love before G1 and Lebron said right then he knew Kevin was going to have a good game. That only comes out if Kevin has a good game. Otherwise why doesn't Lebron have a conversation with Kevin before every game to ensure the positive result.

Everyone has 20/20 hindsight, results are all that matters......

But its not hindsight if we told you before it even happened.....it would then be called foresight. And to a lot of us who have been watching the Cavs for awhile...foresight was also 20/20
MrPerfect1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,425

Post#31 » by MrPerfect1 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:46 pm

This is nothing new for people who have been following basketball for awhile. Why should a team like the Cavs care whether they win 50 or 60 when all anyone cares about is how they do in the playoffs
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Post#32 » by Warriorfan » Fri May 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Defense is not something you can turn a switch on. If Cleveland could defend better they would out of pride than to finish in the bottom quarter.
qm22
General Manager
And1: 1,901

Post#33 » by qm22 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:09 pm

Even if we accept that the regular season was useless for the Cavs (which I don't accept, unless you modify it to regular season record), it doesn't mean it's useless for everyone else.

Particularly a team like their current opponent. The Celtics may get swept now, but they're a younger team and trying to improve. Their bouts of trial and error, tinkering, developing a system, and myriad gains in experience are supposedly useless to their development in future years just because the Cavs are going to beat them?
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#34 » by and1GS » Fri May 19, 2017 8:10 pm

Warriorfan wrote:Defense is not something you can turn a switch on. If Cleveland could defend better they would out of pride than to finish in the bottom quarter.

IDK man. Shaq made a career out of this.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,690

Post#35 » by Johnny Firpo » Fri May 19, 2017 8:12 pm

Their defense still has ways to go. They can easily outscore their opponents in the East, but if they play defense like that in the final, they will lose in maximum 6 games.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#36 » by and1GS » Fri May 19, 2017 8:13 pm

Cappy_Smurf wrote:

Nah, you guys were up 3-1 on LeBron and things very easily could have gone your way with the bounce of a ball or two. The playing field was already even.

KD joined the warriors because he's a sissy that quit on his team that was right there with 2 other teams on that level playing field.

What would you call what LeBron originally did to Cleveland? Shrewd, winning move?
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
J Shuttlesworth
Rookie
And1: 1,601

Post#37 » by J Shuttlesworth » Fri May 19, 2017 8:14 pm

MastermindLV wrote:
J Shuttlesworth wrote:

Cavs have more MVPs and FMVPs than the Warriors combined. Also have 3 All-Stars, and an easier conference to go through.

if KD stayed on the Thunder it would have been them, Spurs and Warriors battling to get to the Finals while the Cavs breeze through the East

Not sure what you're talking about. THey have one MVP, and one FMVP - LeBron James. He's the only one on the team to win the award. KD and Curry have both won MVPs and are both in their primes and they have an FMVP off the bench.

I'm not sure what your last point is for... KD didn't stay on the Thunder and thus gutted the competition. Now the hardest team in the Warriors way is a Kawhi/Tony Parker-free Spurs... Well acutally, Utah might be better than the Spurs w/o their 2 starters.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,093

Post#38 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Fri May 19, 2017 8:33 pm

Seabass11 wrote:But its not hindsight if we told you before it even happened.....it would then be called foresight. And to a lot of us who have been watching the Cavs for awhile...foresight was also 20/20

His point is you're playing the results. What if the Cavs had struggled in this series and then got blown out in the Finals? Its not happening yet, and it might not happen at all, we really don't know what will happen though.

LeBron did the same thing with the 2014 Heat, and they proceeded to get destroyed in the Finals. It worked for the Shaq/Kobe Lakers in 2001, then failed in 2003 and 2004.

Veteran teams are always going to try to coast to a certain extent. Sometimes they're good enough to overcome things like lack of HCA and poor habits that are built from coasting. Sometimes, they aren't. You don't really know until it happens.
fouronesix22
Veteran
And1: 3,548

Post#39 » by fouronesix22 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:41 pm

Cappy_Smurf wrote:

The cavs and the warriors put the nail in the coffin on the regular season. Im not blaming them, but it made basketball not so enjoyable compared to the league a couple years ago. The blame IS on KD for being such a fool for joining the 73-9 warriors who they were up 3-1!!!. I hate KD for doing this and now there is going to be a warriors cavs finals for probably 2-3 more seasons leaving the RS and playoffs boring as ****. **** KD bitch ass piece of ****
Vee-Rex
Starter
And1: 2,667

Post#40 » by Vee-Rex » Fri May 19, 2017 8:41 pm

Where are all the concern trolls that were plaguing Cavs-related topics in the regular season?

Crickets.

Return to The General Board