Woj: Brandon Knight possibly out for season with torn ACL

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Pass_the_rock
Bench Warmer
And1: 881

Re: Woj: Brandon Knight possibly out for season with torn ACL 

Post#21 » by Pass_the_rock » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:20 pm

If the insurance covers his salary then this injury is good for Suns owner, saves him some real cash.
Bologna Smasher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,182

Post#22 » by Bologna Smasher » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:22 pm

That sucks, I actually like Knight despite all the hate he gets. He was perfect on that Bucks team a few years ago, shouldn't have been traded.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Post#23 » by Dr Aki » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:04 pm

This is why you take the multi year deal.

Looking at you Nerlens
DaKnicksAreBack
Analyst
And1: 1,785

Post#24 » by DaKnicksAreBack » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:08 am

Dr Aki wrote:This is why you take the multi year deal.

Looking at you Nerlens

Good point. Especially with nerlen's injury history
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,028

Post#25 » by SerialChiller » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:18 am

He's a skilled player, just not a smart one imo. This sucks though going down in the offseason like this. Really unfortunate.
SerialChiller
Head Coach
And1: 11,028

Post#26 » by SerialChiller » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:20 am

Bologna Smasher wrote:That sucks, I actually like Knight despite all the hate he gets. He was perfect on that Bucks team a few years ago, shouldn't have been traded.

Yep I've been waiting and hoping he breaks out for a big year, I know he has the skillset. But unfortunately it doesn't look like it's in the cards for him, especially now.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#27 » by Mulhollanddrive » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:25 am

His main role is babysitting salary for Bender / Chriss extensions in 2019 regardless of ACL or not.
mrblunt
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,077

Post#28 » by mrblunt » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:38 am

Knight better collect his paychecks now cause his last big payday is over most likely.
Kings of The Court
Brandon-Clyde
RealGM
And1: 5,655

Post#29 » by Brandon-Clyde » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:47 am

Pinkyring wrote:
Slava wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:What he do fall off the bench?

Apparently injured himself at a pro am game in Miami.

I can see teams quickly putting an end to contracted players playing in Drew league type stuff soon.

I dont see how u can restrict basketball players from playing basketball, whether it pro am, at the rec, or team facility scrimmage if you're hooping your hooping

When you are paying a player millions of dollars you write into the contract what activities they may or may not participate in. And yes that would include playing basketball in unapproved venues.
There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress except those we ourselves erect." -- Ronald Reagan
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Post#30 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:03 am

Pinkyring wrote:
Slava wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:What he do fall off the bench?

I can see teams quickly putting an end to contracted players playing in Drew league type stuff soon.

I dont see how u can restrict basketball players from playing basketball, whether it pro am, at the rec, or team facility scrimmage if you're hooping your hooping

You can't stop them, but as an owner paying your assets massive sums of money to play NBA basketball, the threat of ripping up their contract for playing in this kind of silly offseason league should be enough to stop them from doing it. I think owners should be able to terminate a contract for this sort of stuff.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#31 » by The_Hater » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:07 am

Hard to believe that Milwaukee traded Knight for MCW and actually won that part of the trade simply because they didn't keep Knight and sign him to an extension. Should have kept the lotto pick instead but still.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#32 » by Pinkyring » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:20 am

Brandon-Clyde wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
Slava wrote:

When you are paying a player millions of dollars you write into the contract what activities they may or may not participate in. And yes that would include playing basketball in unapproved venues.

Again its basketball whats an approved venue? A gym is a gym its not like he was playing on a dirt court barefoot in a desert, a guy can get hurt playing in his driveway with his kids, is that an unapproved venue as well? U can't prevent a guy from doing something they get paid to do, u dont get better without playing thats part of the game
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#33 » by Pinkyring » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:24 am

Coxy wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
Slava wrote:

You can't stop them, but as an owner paying your assets massive sums of money to play NBA basketball, the threat of ripping up their contract for playing in this kind of silly offseason league should be enough to stop them from doing it. I think owners should be able to terminate a contract for this sort of stuff.

If u terminate a guys contract for getting hurt playing basketball no agent will let their client sign there. Teams dont terminate contracts its bad business thats why gsw didnt do it with montas moped fiasco
Bertrob
RealGM
And1: 8,821

Post#34 » by Bertrob » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:28 am

Damn 70 million for being a scrub the majority of his career (and don't tell me about 19 ppg he was still a minus on the floor that year).
BloodNinja
Analyst
And1: 5,606

Post#35 » by BloodNinja » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:56 am

Wow people really hate Brandon Knight in here. Even though he wasn't a perfect player he played hard and gave it his best which is more than you can say for a lot of others.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,663

Post#36 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:20 am

Pinkyring wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:I dont see how u can restrict basketball players from playing basketball, whether it pro am, at the rec, or team facility scrimmage if you're hooping your hooping

If u terminate a guys contract for getting hurt playing basketball no agent will let their client sign there. Teams dont terminate contracts its bad business thats why gsw didnt do it with montas moped fiasco

Disagree 100%. If a player gets injured like this on the teams time, then fine, but if they put themselves at risk away from the team, then it should be on them. We aren't talking about a minimum wage at the local Kwikimart here, we are talking about a massive sum of money for a long time which can cripple your business growth.

Don't get me started on Monta Moped. I led the riot with fire and pitch forks at the ready when he pulled that crap, then lied about it. Was so disappointed they didn't tear up his contract and kick his butt to the curb for that.
mudsak
Starter
And1: 1,916

Post#37 » by mudsak » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:27 am

What kind of player has a major injury like this in the offseason? Dude should be on vacation right now.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,843

Post#38 » by giberish » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:30 am

Coxy wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Disagree 100%. If a player gets injured like this on the teams time, then fine, but if they put themselves at risk away from the team, then it should be on them. We aren't talking about a minimum wage at the local Kwikimart here, we are talking about a massive sum of money for a long time which can cripple your business growth.

Don't get me started on Monta Moped. I led the riot with fire and pitch forks at the ready when he pulled that crap, then lied about it. Was so disappointed they didn't tear up his contract and kick his butt to the curb for that.

There's a big difference between this and the moped incident. This is playing basketball. You want players working out, practicing, and to some degree playing in the offseason. You don't want guys sitting on the couch in bubble wrap for 4 months. Even though the downside is that if you play hard enough to matter you can get hurt.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,483

Post#39 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:41 am

mudsak wrote:What kind of player has a major injury like this in the offseason? Dude should be on vacation right now.

Well the offseason was his only time to play competitive basketball.
kobe_vs_jordan
General Manager
And1: 4,489

Post#40 » by kobe_vs_jordan » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:47 am

mudsak wrote:What kind of player has a major injury like this in the offseason? Dude should be on vacation right now.

Some players work on their game year round.

Return to The General Board