Will this be the year Lebron Finals streak ends?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Joerezz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,514

Will this be the year Lebron Finals streak ends? 

Post#1 » by Joerezz7 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:40 am

I just think that Boston is a better defensive team than them plus they will have gordon hayward back in time for the playoffs too. Thats why they never gave him a timetable. They know he's coming back. Aron baynes is going to have his way with Tristan thompson. TT is trash anyway. I know Cavs is hard to judge because IT is not back yet but even when he comes back he can't help there defensive problems,may even make it worse
GeorgeMarcus wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:

There is nothing inherently different about winning in the Finals compared to winning other playoff seriess,
Curry 2 KD
Senior
And1: 512

Re: Will this be the year Lebron Finals streak ends? 

Post#2 » by Curry 2 KD » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:52 am

Joerezz7 wrote:I just think that Boston is a better defensive team than them plus they will have gordon hayward back in time for the playoffs too. Thats why they never gave him a timetable. They know he's coming back. Aron baynes is going to have his way with Tristan thompson. TT is trash anyway. I know Cavs is hard to judge because IT is not back yet but even when he comes back he can't help there defensive problems,may even make it worse

Boston will get to the finals. They are historic defensively. The thing is they arent scared of the cavs, every other team in the east is.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,886

Post#3 » by MotownMadness » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:55 am

Not sure a LeBron and that crap roster can handle a good system team like the Celtics at this point.

It all comes down to if a secondary scorer like IT gives them enough offensive firepower to overcome they're lack of coaching, defense and overall talent.
HoopsterJones
RealGM
And1: 13,390

Post#4 » by HoopsterJones » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:55 am

It seems the Cavs are vulnerable, but they are not at full strength yet. We’ll see how they are performing in the second half.
2023-2024 Bulls Prediction:

Regular Season: 40-42
0 All Stars:
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,093

Post#5 » by MrBigShot » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:55 am

Curry 2 KD wrote:
Joerezz7 wrote:I just think that Boston is a better defensive team than them plus they will have gordon hayward back in time for the playoffs too. Thats why they never gave him a timetable. They know he's coming back. Aron baynes is going to have his way with Tristan thompson. TT is trash anyway. I know Cavs is hard to judge because IT is not back yet but even when he comes back he can't help there defensive problems,may even make it worse

Boston will get to the finals. They are historic defensively. The thing is they arent scared of the cavs, every other team in the east is.

Every team in the East should be scared of LeBron. After all of this time he's still the best player on the planet when he wants to be.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,237

Post#6 » by Impuniti » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:58 am

With hayward, I'd give Celtics the edge. Lots can happen until then. Big problem for Celtics is that they can't score, which is going to hurt them in PS.
Curry 2 KD
Senior
And1: 512

Post#7 » by Curry 2 KD » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:00 am

Impuniti wrote:With hayward, I'd give Celtics the edge. Lots can happen until then. Big problem for Celtics is that they can't score, which is going to hurt them in PS.

Can they score against the Cavs league worst defense though? If they keep up their defense but have an easier time scoring that means LeBron will have to go superhuman just to keep them in games. Hea already playing 50 minute games in november.
Barnzy
Sixth Man
And1: 2,792

Post#8 » by Barnzy » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:19 am

No.

Until LeBron is injured or has regressed significantly then it's a no.
Greed
Junior
And1: 372

Post#9 » by Greed » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:22 am

If Boston had Hayward suiting up, probably

But with the experience of their core against the Finals-tested Cavs, I wouldn't bet on Boston usurping them this year. Maybe next season
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,976

Post#10 » by RCM88x » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:27 am

I think it is too early to tell.

Probably won't have have any good idea till about game 5-6 of the playoffs, and most likely you'll know for sure by then.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,720

Post#11 » by Benedict_Boozer » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:31 am

Next season celts will prob do it

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,233

Post#12 » by lambchop » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:36 am

Tbh if lebron expends all his energy the celtics wont stand a chance. But that would destroy the cavs already remote title chances
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#13 » by RaptorsLife » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:36 am

I hope so. Would love if it was the raptors. I doubt it tho but any east team beating cavs I would be happy. 4 straight finals is Ridiculous.

Need new blood
Raptors til death
Kevin Johnson
Analyst
And1: 7,835

Post#14 » by Kevin Johnson » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:39 am

I doubt it but I'll say this...

It's so sorry that we had to wait for the Celtics who Lebron had duels with rebuild so that there was actually something to watch in the Eastern Conference playoffs. :noway:
OzCastiel
Senior
And1: 531

Post#15 » by OzCastiel » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:41 am

No. It should be next year due to the hayward injury.
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,976

Post#16 » by RCM88x » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:41 am

Kevin Johnson wrote:I doubt it but I'll say this...

It's so sorry that we had to wait for the Celtics who Lebron had duels with rebuild so that there was actually something to watch in the Eastern Conference playoffs. :noway:

Pacers gave him a good run 3 years in a row. Not sure if people considered that "something to watch" at the time though, I wasn't following the NBA at that time.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,205

Post#17 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:02 am

I don't think it will happen this year. It's still very early in the season and a team like CLE can go on a run anytime...and on the flip side, Boston could hit a tough stretch and have like a 3-6 run or something. We still don't know what CLE looks like at full strength, and IT could be the difference between them winning and losing some of these closer games.

Maybe Tristan will even break up with Chloe and he'll be a productive player again?
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Payne/Downtin
Maxey/Melton/Hield
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
LivingLegend
Head Coach
And1: 7,745

Post#18 » by LivingLegend » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:04 am

Do you really trust a young rookie/sophmore team against LeBron/Wade/Love and veterans who are all battle tested when the games actually matter in the playoffs?
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#19 » by Asif16 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:07 am

I wanna see how the Cavs look with IT first
NotReady
Senior
And1: 448

Post#20 » by NotReady » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:09 am

Everything depends on IT.

It's super interesting because remember this time last year IT was good but nothing crazy. So is he some superstar? All Star? Very good player? Who knows.

Return to The General Board