And Melo is back in the playoffs!

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,515

Re: And Melo is back in the playoffs! 

Post#41 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:48 am

The hate is real for a top 19th scorer of all time. Welp
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#42 » by NBAFan93 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:59 am

The_Hater wrote:
MrBigShot wrote:Good for Melo but to say that he's a shell of his former self would be an understatement.

Yup. And much like Allen Iverson at the end of his career, his ego doesn’t seem capable of changing his game nor taking on a lesser role for the good of the team. Unless he does a 180, that type of attitude will put him out of the league before he should be because he’s not a starting caliber player anymore.

He has totally done this. He may still be a starter, but he has definitely played much more off the ball and has changed his game a lot from his Knicks days...
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#43 » by NBAFan93 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:15 am

Inspektor1312 wrote:
BigtimeNBAfan wrote:The playoffs just haven't been the same without one of the best scorers in nba history.

Do people actually believe this? :lol:

Yes - he’s literally in the top 20 of total points scored all time. I don’t see how this is debatable? - unless you don’t judge a scorer by how many points they, you know, score?...
anish23
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,911

Post#44 » by anish23 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:40 am

clyde21 wrote:
BigtimeNBAfan wrote:The playoffs just haven't been the same without one of the best scorers in nba history.

I doubt anyone would've noticed he was gone considering he's like 5th or 6th best player on the Thunder.

7th.
Utah Jazz for Championship :)
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,515

Post#45 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:42 am

NBAFan93 wrote:
Inspektor1312 wrote:

Do people actually believe this? :lol:

Yes - he’s literally in the top 20 of total points scored all time. I don’t see how this is debatable? - unless you don’t judge a scorer by how many points they, you know, score?...

the hate is real..
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Sulico
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,295

Post#46 » by Sulico » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:46 am

ZemGOAT wrote:Don't Worry He'll back to shooting 40% FG in the Thunder's 4 playoff games.

40? He's done better than that before in playoffs. He can get to 34% like np.
Javier Acosta
Bench Warmer
And1: 632

Post#47 » by Javier Acosta » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:06 pm

CodeBreaker wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:It's time.

Is he supposed to look scary and dangerous there?

He robbed the Knicks so bad he decided to join a Monastery to wash away his sins.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#48 » by The_Hater » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:13 pm

NBAFan93 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
MrBigShot wrote:Good for Melo but to say that he's a shell of his former self would be an understatement.

Yup. And much like Allen Iverson at the end of his career, his ego doesn’t seem capable of changing his game nor taking on a lesser role for the good of the team. Unless he does a 180, that type of attitude will put him out of the league before he should be because he’s not a starting caliber player anymore.

He has totally done this. He may still be a starter, but he has definitely played much more off the ball and has changed his game a lot from his Knicks days...

I guess that part is somewhat fair, but it looks to me more like a guy slightly lowering his usage rate and changing nothing else. And even that part didn’t come quickly. I’m not sure that means he’s changed his game (or his attitude) a lot in OKC.

I was talking more about coming off the bench where he would be more effective (he won’t even consider it) being more of a passer, picking his spots better on offense, putting an effort in on Defense and the boards.

Instead. None of those things have happened plus he has a TS% barely over 50.0% and takes more FGA’s per minute than PG does. He is showing none of the skills needed to become an effective role player.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.

Return to The General Board