Why not let the top 4 seeds pick their opponent?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

XxIronChainzxX
RealGM
And1: 7,659

Re: Why not let the top 4 seeds pick their opponent? 

Post#41 » by XxIronChainzxX » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:39 am

Veggamattic wrote:There is also the chance for teams to choose their opponent based on timing. For example: Maybe Houston thinks their only competition in the west is GS. Maybe they want to play them right away while Curry is out. A real interesting twist.

Only fans are obsessed with facing their only competition as early as possible.
Veggamattic
Veteran
And1: 1,419

Post#42 » by Veggamattic » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:42 am

XxIronChainzxX wrote:
Veggamattic wrote:There is also the chance for teams to choose their opponent based on timing. For example: Maybe Houston thinks their only competition in the west is GS. Maybe they want to play them right away while Curry is out. A real interesting twist.

Think! What I suggested is a totally legit option if Houston thinks that GS is their only competition. If you don't think so I wouldn't want you managing my team. It HAS to be part of a strategy discussion.
Veggamattic
Veteran

Post#43 » by Veggamattic » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:44 am

XxIronChainzxX wrote:
Veggamattic wrote:
SlowPaced wrote:Just keep it as it is.

So teams can throw games so they can pick there opponents? Their IS an issue and THIS fixes it without any issues that I have been able to see. Can you provide any reasons at all?

Who is throwing games?

Do I have to do your homework for you? Gortat just said tonight he would rather face Boston. The Wiz have also been questioned about this.
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM

Post#44 » by XxIronChainzxX » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:46 am

Veggamattic wrote:
XxIronChainzxX wrote:

Think! What I suggested is a totally legit option if Houston thinks that GS is their only competition. If you don't think so I wouldn't want you managing my team. It HAS to be part of a strategy discussion.

It's a dumb discussion and a dumb strategy. Even if you think Curry is going to be injured and out. KD and the rest of that Dubs team is still a tough matchup compared to say Denver. And if GSW is full strength then the plan is straight up bonkers.
Baz
Rookie
And1: 1,580

Post#45 » by Baz » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:46 am

I like this idea because if this was the way things worked we would've won the championship in 2007 :lol:
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM

Post#46 » by XxIronChainzxX » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:46 am

Veggamattic wrote:
XxIronChainzxX wrote:
Veggamattic wrote:
So teams can throw games so they can pick there opponents? Their IS an issue and THIS fixes it without any issues that I have been able to see. Can you provide any reasons at all?

Who is throwing games?

Do I have to do your homework for you? Gortat just said tonight he would rather face Boston. The Wiz have also been questioned about this.

To face Boston the Wizards have to win out and they need help. You need to do your own homework first.
Veggamattic
Veteran

Post#47 » by Veggamattic » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:48 am

XxIronChainzxX wrote:
Veggamattic wrote:
XxIronChainzxX wrote:

It's a dumb discussion and a dumb strategy. Even if you think Curry is going to be injured and out. KD and the rest of that Dubs team is still a tough matchup compared to say Denver. And if GSW is full strength then the plan is straight up bonkers.

BUT THEY ARE NOT AT FULL STRENGTH! That is the entire point. :banghead:

Is this really so hard to understand. Damn!
Veggamattic
Veteran

Post#48 » by Veggamattic » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:50 am

XxIronChainzxX wrote:
Veggamattic wrote:
XxIronChainzxX wrote:
Who is throwing games?

To face Boston the Wizards have to win out and they need help. You need to do your own homework first.

OMG! It wasn't today...it was last week. :nonono: I am done talking to you.
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM

Post#49 » by XxIronChainzxX » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:51 am

Veggamattic wrote:
XxIronChainzxX wrote:
Veggamattic wrote:

BUT THEY ARE NOT AT FULL STRENGTH! That is the entire point. :banghead:

Is this really so hard to understand. Damn!

Apparently it's hard to read, because like I said, Houston would be picking a tougher matchup for no real reason or benefit apart from a bit of cowardice. You're getting a team on the level of Portland or the Jazz if they get their heads out of their asses, and praying Curry doesn't come back. It's a dumb strategy.
XxIronChainzxX
RealGM

Post#50 » by XxIronChainzxX » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:54 am

Veggamattic wrote:
XxIronChainzxX wrote:
Veggamattic wrote:

OMG! It wasn't today...it was last week. :nonono: I am done talking to you.

What are you on about? How does quote from tonight that requires the Wizards win out AND get help somehow prove they were talking games last week because they want the Celtics? I asked you to tell me which game was one a team internationally lost for seeding. Did Gortat admit they threw a game?

Return to The General Board