IF kawhi leonard leaves SA...

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

mszymko
Pro Prospect
And1: 252

IF kawhi leonard leaves SA... 

Post#1 » by mszymko » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:56 pm

IF kawhi leonard leaves SA...Where should he go? How does he get there?
inDe_eD
Bench Warmer
And1: 869

Re: IF kawhi leonard leaves SA... 

Post#2 » by inDe_eD » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:17 pm

I'm guessing he'll head to San Diego in the offseason, and he'll get there on a reasonably priced coach flight.
“Let's say TPE is a big hole, Ryan Anderson is a "power plug Dick" ($21 million a year). All you have to do is use the Dick to plug in. Great trade and great deal! This is called "perfect fit" in the nba.”
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#3 » by Mich3006 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:30 pm

If the Lakers can put together a nice package (Ingram for example (Brandon :wink: )) maybe the Spurs will accept if Leonard really wants out and requests a trade.
ZemGOAT
Veteran
And1: 5,729

Post#4 » by ZemGOAT » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:44 pm

I would trade or wait till next offseason for him if I were Philly.
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,624

Post#5 » by Alonzo_Morning » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:58 pm

Ayatollah wrote:Image

If the Lakers can put together a nice package (Ingram for example (Brandon :wink: )) maybe the Spurs will accept if Leonard really wants out and requests a trade.

AdagioPace
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,186

Post#6 » by AdagioPace » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:09 pm

interviewer: "CJ, your top 3 things about California?"

CJ: " Arnold Schwarzenegger, Portland's nearest away game, but I love their cap space more than anything"
"La natura gode della natura; la natura trionfa sulla natura; la natura domina la natura" - Ostanes
Stoked
Senior
And1: 358

Post#7 » by Stoked » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:39 pm

Utah. He makes them a contender.
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,287

Post#8 » by Jedi32 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:04 pm

Stoked wrote:Utah. He makes them a contender.

Kawhi on the jazz would be so scary for the rest of the league.
WalterBenjamin
Pro Prospect
And1: 517

Post#9 » by WalterBenjamin » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:29 pm

Fricking Hayward makes Utah a contender this year :lol:
Stoked
Senior
And1: 358

Post#10 » by Stoked » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:53 pm

WalterBenjamin wrote:

Fricking Hayward makes Utah a contender this year :lol:

True but this year worked perfectly for the Jazz. Going forward Leonard fits way better than Hayward.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,586

Post#11 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:01 pm

Too bad they have nothing to offer the Spurs outside of Mitchell and Gobert.
traax
Junior
And1: 499

Post#12 » by traax » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:15 pm

I think the Lakers, Celtics and 76ers are the only true buyers in this case. The Spurs have to decide if they like Ingram+Ball/Kuzma or Brown+Sac19 or Fultz+Saric+10# the most. I think the 76ers have the best shot for Kawhi. If he is willing to resign with the Celtics or 76ers is a completely different question, but after this abomination of a season I would be careful.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Post#13 » by clyde21 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:17 pm

traax wrote:I think the Lakers, Celtics and 76ers are the only true buyers in this case. The Spurs have to decide if they like Ingram+Ball/Kuzma or Brown+Sac19 or Fultz+Saric+10# the most. I think the 76ers have the best shot for Kawhi. If he is willing to resign with the Celtics or 76ers is a completely different question, but after this abomination of a season I would be careful.

Agreed, but you're tripping major balls if you think you're getting Kawhi **** Leonard without giving up Jayson Tatum. :lol:
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#14 » by Danny1616 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:21 pm

Honestly, if he wants to win a ring and make max money his best option is to go to the East and join the Sixers or the Raptors.

Sixers have enough cap space and Raptors could do a sign and trade that includes Valanciunas and one of their good young players.

Imagine a team with Simmons, Kawai and Embiid surrounded by shooters...that would be an elite offensive/defensive team...or the Raptors with Lowry, Derozan, Kawai, Ibaka and their very strong bench. That could be the missing piece to defeat Lebron.
getitdone323
Sixth Man
And1: 2,760

Post#15 » by getitdone323 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:24 pm

well one thing is clear, is if he really wants out he clearly does not care about winning. He basically is turning his back on a contender. Its clear that this may one of the few stars that actually wants the money with endorsements.

However, I think this is all a ploy by his team to make sure SAS offers him the supermax this summer.
traax
Junior

Post#16 » by traax » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:41 pm

clyde21 wrote:
traax wrote:I think the Lakers, Celtics and 76ers are the only true buyers in this case. The Spurs have to decide if they like Ingram+Ball/Kuzma or Brown+Sac19 or Fultz+Saric+10# the most. I think the 76ers have the best shot for Kawhi. If he is willing to resign with the Celtics or 76ers is a completely different question, but after this abomination of a season I would be careful.

Agreed, but you're tripping major balls if you think you're getting Kawhi **** Leonard without giving up Jayson Tatum. :lol:

You know, several month ago when this topic came up first, I was willing to give up Brown+Tatum+Sac19. But I am really concerned not just about Kawhis injury state, but also about his determination. I am not willing to give up the Celtics future on probably a one year rent of Kawhi. In this case, all of our franchise players would come back from major injuries, Kyrie may even miss the whole next season with his knee infection and who knows if Gordon is can be the player he was before his injury? Its just too much risk.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Post#17 » by clyde21 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:52 pm

traax wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

You know, several month ago when this topic came up first, I was willing to give up Brown+Tatum+Sac19. But I am really concerned not just about Kawhis injury state, but also about his determination. I am not willing to give up the Celtics future on probably a one year rent of Kawhi. In this case, all of our franchise players would come back from major injuries, Kyrie may even miss the whole next season with his knee infection and who knows if Gordon is can be the player he was before his injury? Its just too much risk.

If you're not willing to give up Tatum you're not getting Leonard. It's as simple as that. You're not getting a top 5 player in the league in the midst of his prime for Brown+Kings pick. You're not close at all.
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,364

Post#18 » by CIN-C-STAR » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:05 pm

I actually don't think he'd be a good fit in Utah at all. They run a read-and-react offense with a ton of PnR, whereas Kawhi is not a good passer and prefers long, drawn-out isos from the extended elbow or wing.
He'd take the ball out Mitchell's hands and really reduce the offensive effectiveness of guys like Rubio & Ingles imo. They'd have to completely re-design their offense to accommodate him.
I think if he does demand out the Spurs probably trade him to somewhere like the Knicks, which is the big market he is apparently looking for, for Porzingis and a pick. They aren't going to want to reward a guy for bailing on his team for an entire season and then demanding a trade. They will trade him to a non-contender, preferably out of the conference, and if he doesn't agree to that, they will make him play out his contract with no future guarantees, which would be extremely risky for someone like him coming off missing an entire season due to a chronic condition. I think they'd call his bluff before letting him negotiate his own trade.
Just my thoughts on it, but I think Boston or Toronto or similar destinations are very unlikely.
I actually think the drama is all overblown though, that he is actually hurt (or at least experiencing chronic pain), and that he will sign an extension for less than the full supermax this offseason (something like 4 years, $160 million; or basically slightly more than whatever Durant gets if Durant signs a max contract).
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
traax
Junior

Post#19 » by traax » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:23 pm

clyde21 wrote:
traax wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

If you're not willing to give up Tatum you're not getting Leonard. It's as simple as that. You're not getting a top 5 player in the league in the midst of his prime for Brown+Kings pick. You're not close at all.

Well, if this is true, I would politely back up. I am not willing to give up the whole future for a player who recovers from a maybe career altering injury and who has only one year left on his contract. Especially with Kawhis connection, or his camps connection to Los Angeles. I think the Celtics are not willing to beat a offer from Philly with Fultz+Saric+10' anyway.
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,301

Post#20 » by 3Diamantidis » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:24 pm

Milwaukee ofc.
Leonard for middleton, parker and some picks.

Return to The General Board