Build a contender without Lebron or KD with 2018-2019 FA,RFA and explain why it will be successful

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Soupman
Assistant Coach
And1: 759

Build a contender without Lebron or KD with 2018-2019 FA,RFA and explain why it will be successful 

Post#1 » by Soupman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:55 pm

Build a contender without Lebron or KD with 2018-2019 FA,RFA and explain why it will be successful.

1)IT (play making,play creating,toughness)
2)Lou Williams(short/mid/long shooting,scoring)
3)Carmelo Anthony(short/mid/long range shooting/scoring,half court offense)
4)Julius Randall(speed,power,slashing rebounding)
5)DeMarcus Cousins(power,rebounding,half court offense)

You have scoring from all 5 positions. You have speed,power and athleticism. You have enough size to rebound and protect the paint.IT can make everyone's shot easier and higher FG%.

You can't use a current NBA team.
Convert municipal and agricultural waste to refined natural gas. Sell the refined natural gas to gas companies. Use the money to provide a monthly basic income to people that earn less than $28,000 a year.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,078

Re: Build a contender without Lebron or KD with 2018-2019 FA,RFA and explain why it will be successful 

Post#2 » by Lalouie » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:59 pm

davis on gsw.

thats all you need. they won a ring without kd and all they need is a center like davis.

its just simple math. why "build" a team when you already have a great one + the best center in the game
Soupman
Assistant Coach

Re: Build a contender without Lebron or KD with 2018-2019 FA,RFA and explain why it will be successful 

Post#3 » by Soupman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:01 pm

Lalouie wrote:davis on gsw.

thats all you need. they won a ring without kd and all they need is a center like davis.

its just simple math. why "build" a team when you already have a great one + the best center in the game

Convert municipal and agricultural waste to refined natural gas. Sell the refined natural gas to gas companies. Use the money to provide a monthly basic income to people that earn less than $28,000 a year.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#4 » by lars_rosenberg » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Soupman wrote:1)IT (play making,play creating,toughness)

This team would have one of the worst defensive lineups ever.
Cousins is the only capable of playing average defense, but after the injury he could lose mobility and become a below average defender.
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,201

Post#5 » by Mister Ze » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:07 pm

Soupman wrote:Build a contender without Lebron or KD with 2018-2019 FA,RFA and explain why it will be successful.

1)IT (play making,play creating,toughness.

:lol:
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,575

Post#6 » by LightTheBeam » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:09 pm

Well technically CP3 is a free agent this summer so hes an absolute must. Same with Paul George. Capela is a must on this team as you are definitely going to need his defense. At the 2 im taking Rodney Hood for his shooting. If this team has any chance they need to be able to shoot 3s at the utmost elite level. At PF it would seem like Randle/Gordon, but i think i'm actually going to take Demarcus at the 4, hes the best shooter of the bunch.

Capela
Cousins
George
Hood
CP3

I think this is as close to a contender as you can get. Better than the current Raptors or Celtics. Probably a step right below the current Cavs, Rockets, or Warriors and capable of stealing a series if things go absolutely right.

OP not sure how you came up with that team. Thomas/Lou/Melo? Honesty I'm not sure the team you mentioned makes the playoffs
igorbianch
Analyst
And1: 4,321

Post#7 » by igorbianch » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:12 pm

Lol im not sure this team makes the playoffs, let alone win it all
:lol:
LALifer49
Rookie
And1: 862

Post#8 » by LALifer49 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:13 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Well technically CP3 is a free agent this summer so hes an absolute must. Same with Paul George. Capela is a must on this team as you are definitely going to need his defense. At the 2 im taking Rodney Hood for his shooting. If this team has any chance they need to be able to shoot 3s at the utmost elite level. At PF it would seem like Randle/Gordon, but i think i'm actually going to take Demarcus at the 4, hes the best shooter of the bunch.

Capela
Cousins
George
Hood
CP3

I think this is as close to a contender as you can get. Better than the current Raptors or Celtics. Probably a step right below the current Cavs, Rockets, or Warriors and capable of stealing a series if things go absolutely right.

OP not sure how you came up with that team. Thomas/Lou/Melo? Honesty I'm not sure the team you mentioned makes the playoffs

KCP is a free agent, he'd be an upgrade over Hood on both ends
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#9 » by LightTheBeam » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:19 pm

LALifer49 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Well technically CP3 is a free agent this summer so hes an absolute must. Same with Paul George. Capela is a must on this team as you are definitely going to need his defense. At the 2 im taking Rodney Hood for his shooting. If this team has any chance they need to be able to shoot 3s at the utmost elite level. At PF it would seem like Randle/Gordon, but i think i'm actually going to take Demarcus at the 4, hes the best shooter of the bunch.

Capela
Cousins
George
Hood
CP3

KCP is a free agent, he'd be an upgrade over Hood on both ends

Eh, I'd take Hood over KCP. For his career hes a bit more efficient of a scorer. He also has the length advantage. Better FG%, 3pt%, FT% and of course TS%.

Pope may be a better defender but on this team we already have solid defense with CP3, George, Cousins, and Capela.
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#10 » by Boarder Patrol » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:23 pm

Kemba Walker | Marcus Smart
Avery Bradley | JJ Redick
Paul George | Danny Green
Nikola Mirotic | Kyle Anderson
DeAndre Jordan | DeWayne Dedmon

This lineup has two guys who can create, 4 plus-defenders in the starting lineup, and everyone coming off the bench can shoot, defend, or do both. Pretty high IQ players and a bunch of versatility - can go defensive with Smart/Bradley/George/Anderson/Jordan, or load up on offensive firepower with Walker/Redick/George/Mirotic/Jordan when you need a bucket.

I don't think this team competes with GSW or Houston but I think they could beat anyone else and make a decent series against those two. It's just tough to beat those teams without a generational player. I decided to omit Chris Paul because he's obviously staying in Houston but he'd be in the starting PG slot otherwise, and I'd give that team a real shot at winning it all.

--

As an aside, looking over the FAs list I was surprised by the amount of really good role player SG talent on the market this summer. Belinelli, Reddick, Green, Ellington, Bradley, Hood, KCP and a couple others could all help a team immensely in the right role, and with a suppressed market a few will be around for cheap.
Soupman
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by Soupman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:30 pm

Boarder Patrol wrote:Kemba Walker | Marcus Smart
Avery Bradley | JJ Redick
Nikola Mirotic | Kyle Anderson
DeAndre Jordan | DeWayne Dedmon

This lineup has two guys who can create, 4 plus-defenders in the starting lineup, and everyone coming off the bench can shoot, defend, or do both. Pretty high IQ players and a bunch of versatility - can go defensive with Smart/Bradley/George/Anderson/Jordan, or load up on offensive firepower with Walker/Redick/George/Mirotic/Jordan when you need a bucket.

I don't think this team competes with GSW or Houston but I think they could beat anyone else and make a decent series against those two. It's just tough to beat those teams without a generational player. I decided to omit Chris Paul because he's obviously staying in Houston but he'd be in the starting PG slot otherwise, and I'd give that team a real shot at winning it all.

--

As an aside, looking over the FAs list I was surprised by the amount of really good role player SG talent on the market this summer. Belinelli, Reddick, Green, Ellington, Bradley, Hood, KCP and a couple others could all help a team immensely in the right role, and with a suppressed market a few will be around for cheap.

Good point.

Makes a lot of sense really.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,568
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#12 » by LloydFree » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:46 pm

Chris Paul
JJ Redick
Paul George
Aaron Gordon
Clint Capella

Marcus Smart
Marco Belinelli
Kyle Anderson
Ersan Illyasova
Nerlens Noel

Starting lineup is the Lob City LA Clippers with All-star Paul George instead of Luc Mba Amoute.

Bench is a defensive force with just enough spacing.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#13 » by psimanic1 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:46 pm

Kemba Walker | Marcus Smart
JJ Redick | Will Barton
Favors | Mirotic
Nikola Jokic | DeWayne Dedmon
Soupman
Assistant Coach

Post#14 » by Soupman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:55 pm

psimanic1 wrote:Kemba Walker | Marcus Smart
JJ Redick | Will Barton
Favors | Mirotic
Nikola Jokic | DeWayne Dedmon

I would like to see this team play.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,253

Post#15 » by og15 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:05 pm

Soupman wrote:Build a contender without Lebron or KD with 2018-2019 FA,RFA and explain why it will be successful.

1)IT (play making,play creating,toughness)

You have scoring from all 5 positions. You have speed,power and athleticism. You have enough size to rebound and protect the paint.IT can make everyone's shot easier and higher FG%.

Lou Williams signed an extension with the Clippers
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,510

Post#16 » by The Laker Kid » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:05 pm

IT - speed
PG - talent
Randle - power
Cousins - versatility
Andre Ingram - GOATNESS
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
bootsythornton
Sixth Man
And1: 1,727

Post#17 » by bootsythornton » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:12 pm

I love what the Raptors have done with two all star guards and having an "elite" bench. That bench is like having a superstar.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,333

Post#18 » by PistolPeteJR » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:28 pm

sportsyard wrote:I love what the Raptors have done with two all star guards and having an "elite" bench. That bench is like having a superstar.

Sigh.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#19 » by LightTheBeam » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:30 pm

Since when did Kemba Walker become a free agent this summer?

Return to The General Board