NBA commissioner Adam Silver said that tanking is still a huge concern of his. per star tribune

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,011

Re: NBA commissioner Adam Silver said that tanking is still a huge concern of his. per star tribune 

Post#21 » by Pharmcat » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:02 pm

For All the anti tanking ...please explain how to fix the Knicks that doesn’t involve tanking for high lotto picks
Crossy2008
Sixth Man
And1: 1,163

Re: NBA commissioner Adam Silver said that tanking is still a huge concern of his. per star tribune 

Post#22 » by Crossy2008 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:16 pm

Bad teams are usually bad for a reason, so I don't really see a way that the league can change the lottery system more that it has. If you want to really change things go after the money. Play the games for money. Every player gets 75% of their pro-rated game pay, and the other 25% goes to the winner.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,563

Post#23 » by Dominator83 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:29 pm

Crossy2008 wrote:Bad teams are usually bad for a reason, so I don't really see a way that the league can change the lottery system more that it has. If you want to really change things go after the money. Play the games for money. Every player gets 75% of their pro-rated game pay, and the other 25% goes to the winner.

You mean the players would get paid more to win?? GTFO with your logical ideas :D

Seriously though, i love it.
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
nodeal
Rookie
And1: 216

Post#24 » by nodeal » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:32 pm

Dominater wrote:
Crossy2008 wrote:Bad teams are usually bad for a reason, so I don't really see a way that the league can change the lottery system more that it has. If you want to really change things go after the money. Play the games for money. Every player gets 75% of their pro-rated game pay, and the other 25% goes to the winner.

You mean the players would get paid more to win?? GTFO with your logical ideas :D

The players would never go for that. If somehow it happened anyway super teams would be far worse then they are now. Youd have tier 2 players who couldnt get on a super team creating teir 2 super teams. You could end up with some teams winning 10 games per season.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,563

Post#25 » by Dominator83 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:42 pm

nodeal wrote:
Dominater wrote:

The players would never go for that. If somehow it happened anyway super teams would be far worse then they are now. Youd have tier 2 players who couldnt get on a super team creating teir 2 super teams. You could end up with some teams winning 10 games per season.

You mean like the Sixers 2 years ago?
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Marvin Martian
Head Coach
And1: 5,117

Post#26 » by Marvin Martian » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:43 pm

Get rid of the draft and send the kids to the G league instead of wasting their time pretending to be students. Right now the NCAA is providing free marketing and mitigating risk for teams looking to add blue chip prospects to the team.
nodeal
Rookie

Post#27 » by nodeal » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:43 pm

Dominater wrote:
nodeal wrote:
Dominater wrote:

You mean like the Sixers 2 years ago?

yeah except it would happen every yr and could be more than 1 team.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,174

Post#28 » by YogurtProducer » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:54 pm

Smitson wrote:
Dominater wrote:Make every lottery team get equal odds Adam

Yeah, the Nuggets winning the lottery with a team like Orlando picking 15th would be just great to see.

Teams like Orlando wouldn’t exist anymore because you wouldn’t make your team terrivle on purpose
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
nodeal
Rookie

Post#29 » by nodeal » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:17 pm

Smitson wrote:
Dominater wrote:Make every lottery team get equal odds Adam

Yeah, the Nuggets winning the lottery with a team like Orlando picking 15th would be just great to see.

I think equal odds means equal lottery odds for the top 3 picks not all the picks.

The goal isnt to completely eliminate tanking. That isnt possible without punishing the true bad teams. The goal is to discourage tanking and incentivize going for the playoffs even if you are not a legit contender or even close to one.

Right now if you go for the [playoffs and miss you wasted a yr. With that as your alternative option its no wonder teams want to tank. Give the 17th place team something and youll see more teams fight for a playoff spot.
Crossy2008
Sixth Man
And1: 1,163

Re: RE: Re: NBA commissioner Adam Silver said that tanking is still a huge concern of his. per star tribune 

Post#30 » by Crossy2008 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:45 pm

Dominater wrote:

25% is high, but I'm sure there's some format that would work. I don't think the player's union would like it, but I think the players would. Also, I would have it so the more money you made, the more you stand to lose. I would need to run some numbers before I could throw out a particular structure, but if it's small enough, I think it would be great.

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#31 » by Dupp » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:55 pm

Silver is a douche. Says he’s anti tanking and at the same time fines a guy that tweets he isn’t happy playing for tanking team that held him out half a season with no injury at all.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,474

Post#32 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:12 am

Wanna fix tanking? Put in place a relegation/promotion system (top G-League team gets promoted). Worst team goes down. Fixed.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over

Return to The General Board