How can Adam Silver justify keeping the Lakers out of the playoffs so many years in a row??

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,473

Re: How can Adam Silver justify keeping the Lakers out of the playoffs so many years in a row?? 

Post#41 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:09 pm

LakersDynasty14 wrote:
dballislife wrote:i dont think people now care about LA more than winning, if you want a winning team you gotta build your own so people will come

It’s hard to be a winning team when your GM makes all the right moves...

Dwight Howard
Steve Nash (Past his prime)
Timofey Mozgov
Luol Deng

Genius!!
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,779

Re: How can Adam Silver justify keeping the Lakers out of the playoffs so many years in a row?? 

Post#42 » by BoogieTime » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:13 pm

I ask the same about the Kings, and it’s been twice as long
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,079

Post#43 » by Rauxcee » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:14 pm

LakersDynasty14 wrote:
It’s hard to be a winning team when your GM makes all the right moves, and then the commissioner comes in after the fact and basically spits in his face and single handily sabotaged the franchise because other jealous owners started whining.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

LakersDynasty14
Senior
And1: 513

Post#44 » by LakersDynasty14 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:21 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
LakersDynasty14 wrote:
dballislife wrote:i dont think people now care about LA more than winning, if you want a winning team you gotta build your own so people will come

It’s hard to be a winning team when your GM makes all the right moves...

Dwight Howard
Steve Nash (Past his prime)
Timofey Mozgov
Luol Deng

Genius!!

Those moves only came after the illegal veto. The unsportsmanlike tampering by the NBA forced the Lakers to make some less than ideal moves, which is why is is up to the league to make it right now.

Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,562

Post#45 » by Dominator83 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:23 pm

VYoungJrIII wrote:So you are saying the NBA should rig it for the Lakers to be better?

I guess in OPs mind, being given the #2 pick 3 years in a row so they got to avoid ponying up that pick wasn't rigging enough for him :lol:

Last year it was painfully obvious that Magic knew he was walking away with Lonzo before the lottery even began
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,473

Post#46 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:29 pm

LakersDynasty14 wrote: The unsportsmanlike tampering by the NBA forced the Lakers to make some less than ideal moves, which is why is is up to the league to make it right now.

Heck, I'd love for the league to decide to disband OKC. Relocate the team back to Seattle (Where it belongs). I can wish for it. Doesn't mean it will eventually happen. :wink:

Spoiler:
We don't always get what we want! :lol:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
LakersDynasty14
Senior
And1: 513

Post#47 » by LakersDynasty14 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:30 pm

Dominater wrote:
VYoungJrIII wrote:So you are saying the NBA should rig it for the Lakers to be better?

I guess in OPs mind, being given the #2 pick 3 years in a row so they got to avoid ponying up that pick wasn't rigging enough for him :lol:

Last year it was painfully obvious that Magic knew he was walking away with Lonzo before the lottery even began

The 2nd pick is worthless, with the Ball pick being the only exception.

Simmons over Ingram would have been better for the team, and Towns would have been a much better pick than Russell. If Silver really wanted to make it right he would have given the Lakers the 1st pick three years in a row.

Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#48 » by Mr. E » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:32 pm

I have too much respect for too many Lakers fans to let this continue. This is just going to devolve into fanbase bashing.

Asking the League commissioner to step in and rig things for one team is asinine and not the basis of a legitimate discussion.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
mixerball
Veteran
And1: 2,276

Post#49 » by mixerball » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:33 pm

entitlement at its finest
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,562

Post#50 » by Dominator83 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:33 pm

LakersDynasty14 wrote:
Dominater wrote:

The 2nd pick is worthless, with the Ball pick being the only exception.

Simmons over Ingram would have been better for the team, and Towns would have been a much better pick than Russell. If Silver really wanted to make it right he would have given the Lakers the 1st pick three years in a row.

Those #2 picks also allowed you guys to milk paying up for the Nash trade for 6 years, and getting a free pardon on the pick you owed for Dwight Howard. Im preety sure the league has done plenty to help you guys clean up the mess from that 2012-13 "superteam"
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !

Return to The General Board