Klay is averaging 29ppg on 70% FG , 71 3pt FG% , 100% FT% so far in the playoffs

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Re: Klay is averaging 29ppg on 70% FG , 71 3pt FG% , 100% FT% so far in the playoffs 

Post#61 » by Madhouse » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:14 pm

Whenever you think Klay is overrated and sucks he puts together a few monster games.
CowboyBebop
Starter
And1: 2,134

Re: Klay is averaging 29ppg on 70% FG , 71 3pt FG% , 100% FT% so far in the playoffs 

Post#62 » by CowboyBebop » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:22 pm

Dude has a game that’s so fun to watch. 2nd best shooter of all time with nice defense as well.
CowboyBebop wrote:Will Lebron be able to get warriors players suspended again so he has another chance to win this year? Or will he fail and get yet another loss on an already unimpressive finals record?
PizzaSteve
Veteran
And1: 1,837

Post#63 » by PizzaSteve » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:24 pm

Love what Klay brings to dub nation. Loved him as a WSU couger (a very old school warriors like program...perpetual underdogs, outrecruited).

CowboyBebop wrote:Dude has a game that’s so fun to watch. 2nd best shooter of all time with nice defense as well.

I think it is too early in a career to crown all time ranks while guys are still playing. When evaluating stats you end up comparing guys like West, Barry with over 10+ years avg to a young dude in his prime years. Plus those guys were not incentivised to extend their range, or to not pass to a team mate for a closer, higher percentage shot by a big ( due to different coaching styles of the eras).

Agree that the potential is there and it looks like Curry/Thompson will be the best shooting backcourt ever per SJ's comment early in their careers. Certainly the currwnt warriors have the best shoooting trio ever assembled.

Still, having seen Barry and West play at Oracle, I see a lot of older dead eye shooters with great fundamentals not be appretiated due to time and the three ball now dominating. Would have loved to see West take advantage of a three pointer. He was a warriors killer, killer instincts...he would have feasted. Barry too. When they were hot, in a zone like a Klay, they were like him, but with a killer bad attitudes (while remaining assist facilitators).

In their peak years guys like an Oscar R, J West or R Barry would get get you 30pts/7Asst/7Rbd wo a 3 ppt line, 45-50% plus shooting, 85%+FT. I think comparable skill levels at pure shooting. Those guys also had lots of late quarter shots impact their stats and I watched many go in, including some famous ones. They also had great fundamentals, leading to things like 50+ consecutive FT streaks and the like. I think things like longest FT streaks are a good indicator or pure shooting skills...its like a good golf swing. KD, Klay and Curry's FT skills are a huge help to the dubs success.

Return to The General Board