So the Lakers really want George??

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

WaveTheWheat80
Senior
And1: 355

Re: RE: Re: So the Lakers really want George?? 

Post#41 » by WaveTheWheat80 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:45 am

Lalouie wrote:
LALifer49 wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:I don't see any reason why George would want the Lakers though.

Of the teams that can afford to sign him, who do you think he should want and why?

who's in the mix?

Philly >>>>>>>> lakers

Sent from my SM-G930T using RealGM mobile app
Darren
RealGM
And1: 826

Re: So the Lakers really want George?? 

Post#42 » by Darren » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:54 am

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. KCP is even more inconsistent by George. George has improved a lot in term of playmaking. But he doesn't seem to be as good a defender as advertised. He struggles defending someone who's quicker than him. This is a good timing for them to land a key free agents. A couple of years later, a lot of teams get some contract off the book, they won't be as attractive to FAs again especially when they max out Ingram and Randle.
JHFVF07
Rookie
And1: 895

Post#43 » by JHFVF07 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:01 am

Darren wrote:I don't think there's anything wrong with it. KCP is even more inconsistent by George. George has improved a lot in term of playmaking. But he doesn't seem to be as good a defender as advertised. He struggles defending someone who's quicker than him. This is a good timing for them to land a key free agents. A couple of years later, a lot of teams get some contract off the book, they won't be as attractive to FAs again especially when they max out Ingram and Randle.

Like do everyone. No matter how good a defender is, there will be people they cant check.

About the thread: HELL YES!!! The last great signings we did were Deng and Mozgov, Im pretty sure PG13 will bring better results! We desperate need a guy capable of give us a nightly 20ppg, and if he can play good defense all better. Bad games happens to everyone, he wasnt the reason OKC lost this series.
WalterBenjamin
Pro Prospect
And1: 517

Post#44 » by WalterBenjamin » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:07 am

If George and Westbrook are FA and you have to signe on off them you go with George. Easy answer.
OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,638

Post#45 » by OdomFan » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:30 am

Yes I do. With George we stand a chance of signing more players in the same off season, the up coming seasons free agency or in the next off season.

I see nothing but good things for these Lakers.
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,223

Post#46 » by lambchop » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:38 am

WaveTheWheat80 wrote:
Lalouie wrote:
LALifer49 wrote:
Of the teams that can afford to sign him, who do you think he should want and why?

who's in the mix?

Philly >>>>>>>> lakers

Yes, PHI is a better option also cause to be truly successful I don't think you can have PG as your first or 2nd option. He really looked pretty bad in OKC. In INDY he was the first option and they pushed the heat, but I don't see PG in that role right now. But if you have him behind Embiid and Simmons basically taking Covington's role, that would be epic.

Pretty scary that both PG and Lebron could join PHI, but very unlikely either one joins imo. I think PG will head to LA
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,965

Post#47 » by Optms » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:00 pm

WaveTheWheat80 wrote:
Lalouie wrote:
LALifer49 wrote:

who's in the mix?

Philly >>>>>>>> lakers

Philly's in the mix for every key big wing player. Lebron, Kawhi and now PG. Problem is they'll only have the pieces to go after one. Unlike the Lakers who can and will go after multiple guys.
WaveTheWheat80
Senior

Post#48 » by WaveTheWheat80 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:01 pm

lambchop wrote:
WaveTheWheat80 wrote:
Lalouie wrote:

who's in the mix?

Philly >>>>>>>> lakers

Yes, PHI is a better option also cause to be truly successful I don't think you can have PG as your first or 2nd option. He really looked pretty bad in OKC. In INDY he was the first option and they pushed the heat, but I don't see PG in that role right now. But if you have him behind Embiid and Simmons basically taking Covington's role, that would be epic.

Pretty scary that both PG and Lebron could join PHI, but very unlikely either one joins imo. I think PG will head to LA

You're way more down on PG than I am. I think PG as a second option is fantastic. The issue is Westbrook's play doesn't really elevate his teammates and takes a **** ton of touches. Don't forget PG outplayed Westbrook 4.5 out of the 6 games with Utah. As for PG vs LBJ, if it comes down to picking between the two, I'd pick PG because he's younger and a better fit schematically wise.
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,223

Post#49 » by lambchop » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:22 pm

WaveTheWheat80 wrote:
lambchop wrote:
WaveTheWheat80 wrote:Philly >>>>>>>> lakers

You're way more down on PG than I am. I think PG as a second option is fantastic. The issue is Westbrook's play doesn't really elevate his teammates and takes a **** ton of touches. Don't forget PG outplayed Westbrook 4.5 out of the 6 games with Utah. As for PG vs LBJ, if it comes down to picking between the two, I'd pick PG because he's younger and a better fit schematically wise.

I'd also prefer PG on the sixers because hell be the 3rd option and wont stunt embidd and simmons growth.

I'm honestly not trying to hate on PG, he's one of my favorite players but I don't see which team he could have played for as a 2nd option and performed at a higher level. "Elevate teammates level" that's difficult to define. There's some consensus that high assist guys like CP3, Wall, Lebron, Westbrook don't elevate their teammates level of play (cp3made capela and espeically DAJ more relevant), they just create open shots for them. So I don't see PG playing better with anyone of those guys also cause he's not very good off the ball.

Put him with a center like just him and Embiid or just him and AD that would be interesting, but he's not very good at finding people out of the pick n roll. His shot also often fails him, he even said that there's something mechanically wrong with his shot, despite shooting 36% in the POs but he still had those 2 for 9 and 0 for 6 nights.

However, I think Utah would actually be an awesome fit for him haha. With Mitchell leading the way and Ingles and rubio taking care of the ball handling duties too, PG would add defense and some streaky shooting, ability to drop 20 to 30 points etc. that would be lethal.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
Lost Angel
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Post#50 » by Lost Angel » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:22 pm

yeah i want PG13 on the Lakers.

I like the defensive potential of Ingram-George-Ball
LALifer49
Rookie
And1: 862

Post#51 » by LALifer49 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:51 pm

WaveTheWheat80 wrote:
Lalouie wrote:
LALifer49 wrote:

who's in the mix?

Philly >>>>>>>> lakers

I agree Philly is a good destination for him. But which other destination that can afford to sign him would be better for him than LA? And LA is his hometown/he'd have a bigger role/we have room to add a 2nd max fa this year or next which I don't think Philly does. So while I agree Philly is a good fit, there are at least some things that can pull him to LA, hence Lakers are one of 2 best options as far as I can see, and have a good chance at signing him.
WaveTheWheat80
Senior

Post#52 » by WaveTheWheat80 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:54 pm

LALifer49 wrote:
WaveTheWheat80 wrote:
Lalouie wrote:

who's in the mix?

Philly >>>>>>>> lakers

I agree Philly is a good destination for him. But which other destination that can afford to sign him would be better for him than LA? And LA is his hometown/he'd have a bigger role/we have room to add a 2nd max fa this year or next which I don't think Philly does. So while I agree Philly is a good fit, there are at least some things that can pull him to LA, hence Lakers are one of 2 best options as far as I can see, and have a good chance at signing him.

LA is never going to get the collection of talent that Philly currently has in PG's career. If he goes to LA he doesn't care about winning, he just wants some of that lifestyle.
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#53 » by red96 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:55 pm

George isn't a superstar ,but I think he'd look much better in LA. The Thunder were just so dysfunctional. Having George makes the Lakers so much more attractive.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#54 » by Ericb5 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:58 pm

lambchop wrote:
WaveTheWheat80 wrote:
Lalouie wrote:

who's in the mix?

Philly >>>>>>>> lakers

You mean PG OR Lebron could join Philly. We couldn’t get both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
LastNameEver
General Manager
And1: 9,498

Post#55 » by LastNameEver » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:00 pm

He can be the rich mans RoCo in Philly
Johnny Tomala
Veteran
And1: 2,103

Post#56 » by Johnny Tomala » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:00 pm

He is not an All-Star for me, third tier player, I never wanted George in Celtics and if I'm Lakers I don't sign him to max in the summer. He is not too much rellevant to me, one of the most overrated players in the league for sure. All this talk of him as Top 10 player in the past, close to being superstar, thread in the summer that he will prove to be as good as Durant in OKC lol. He is at best Top 25 player in the league, not close to being superstar.
Yoshun
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,726

Post#57 » by Yoshun » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:22 pm

Johnny Tomala wrote:He is not an All-Star for me, third tier player, I never wanted George in Celtics and if I'm Lakers I don't sign him to max in the summer. He is not too much rellevant to me, one of the most overrated players in the league for sure. All this talk of him as Top 10 player in the past, close to being superstar, thread in the summer that he will prove to be as good as Durant in OKC lol. He is at best Top 25 player in the league, not close to being superstar.

I don't know if he's that overrated or "3rd tier," but he's not a superstar and I wouldn't want him if I were a Laker fan, not unless I had another star coming in as well. He's not going to be enough to make them a contender. He would help them get to the playoffs as a bottom seed, but that's it.

Bottom line, unless they have a bigger star signing with them as well, let PG pass by.
LALifer49
Rookie

Post#58 » by LALifer49 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:24 pm

WaveTheWheat80 wrote:
LALifer49 wrote:
WaveTheWheat80 wrote:Philly >>>>>>>> lakers

LA is never going to get the collection of talent that Philly currently has in PG's career. If he goes to LA he doesn't care about winning, he just wants some of that lifestyle.

Not necessarily true at all. I'm not saying this is going to happen, but since you made a "never gonna happen" statement, say we sign PG, then in 2019 we sign Kawhi who will be a fa. Kawhi/PG/Ingram/Lonzo/Kuzma/Hart/Randle (if we managed to get rid of Deng) is a pretty nice collection of talent. Now say a team like New Orleans is stagnant, they sign Cousins to a big deal and are already locked up with Jrue, but Cousins is injured and going nowhere, Anthony Davis is pissed, Lakers offer Ingram/Randle/1st rd pick, which yes, is a pretty good package, but if you wanna even throw in another 1st fine. Kawhi/Pg/Davis/Hart/Ball that is pretty good talent.

Sure, this is a great scenario. But the point is, we have the cap space for 2 maxes, not just 1 (philli just 1), we've got a good young core with several pieces, and if someone from the young core doesn't organically rise up to become a star...well we have plenty of pieces to trade for a 3rd great piece and still keep a member of the young core.

Philli would be a good choice for PG, but LA is not such a bad landing spot either for future potential. Plus there is the tenuous issue of Embiid's health.
LALifer49
Rookie

Post#59 » by LALifer49 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:29 pm

Yoshun wrote:
Johnny Tomala wrote:He is not an All-Star for me, third tier player, I never wanted George in Celtics and if I'm Lakers I don't sign him to max in the summer. He is not too much rellevant to me, one of the most overrated players in the league for sure. All this talk of him as Top 10 player in the past, close to being superstar, thread in the summer that he will prove to be as good as Durant in OKC lol. He is at best Top 25 player in the league, not close to being superstar.

I don't know if he's that overrated or "3rd tier," but he's not a superstar and I wouldn't want him if I were a Laker fan, not unless I had another star coming in as well. He's not going to be enough to make them a contender. He would help them get to the playoffs as a bottom seed, but that's it.

Bottom line, unless they have a bigger star signing with them as well, let PG pass by.

Here's the thing about Lakers situation though, we have cap space for the next 2 years. That is our window to sign people. We have space for 2 max people, and if PG wants to sign in 2018, we can't tell him no in the hopes we get 2 ppl in 2019. Plus, if we sign PG and not a 2nd max in 2018, then having PG will make it more attractive for a 2nd max to come in 2019. If we don't sign 2 maxes in the next 2 years, our window closes.
dontforget
Senior
And1: 440

Post#60 » by dontforget » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:46 pm

Simple Answer: Yes
Complex Answer: Hell yes!

Per gm avgs: 22 pts, 5 reb, 3 asts
18.7 PER, 8.9 w/s, 3.3 VORP

Yes, who wants that? Lol

Return to The General Board