If Cavs win, would you fire Lue?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

If Cavs win, would you fire Lue?

Yes
88%
No
12%

Total votes: 34

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,200

Re: If Cavs win, would you fire Lue? 

Post#21 » by clyde21 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:10 pm

Weird question. Are you asking that if Lue should be fired the rest of these POs if the Cavs advance? If so, I'm not really sure it matters at all.

For next season, though, he's definitely gone. Should've been gone after he lost complete control of that locker room earlier in the season actually.
KingCurry
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,171

Post#22 » by KingCurry » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:23 pm

Heej wrote:
KingCurry wrote:why? that's the way Lebron prefers his coaches.

shut up and let him do what Queen James wants to do. still boggles my mind people think someone with his ego would want a coach like Pop

That's why the last two times LeBron played Pop and Stevens in the playoffs he couldn't take their balls out of his mouth every time he was asked about their coaching prowess during interviews. Or why he rolled hard to the rim every opportunity he got screening for Delly or IT when he was productive his first two games back. Still boggles my mind people think the smartest player of his generation doesn't want to get fed easy baskets by competent playmakers.

You must be one of those guys who think if David Stern didn't "basketball reasons" the CP3 Trade Kobe would've dominated the ball every possession and reduced him to a spot up shooter. Great players want easy scoring opportunities just as much as role players do

yeah I can talk about how much I want to bang a p*rnstar but would I want to date/marry one? no I don't think so

Stevens/Pop have had success because their players are able to toss their ego aside and play in a selfless culture, being accountable on BOTH ends of the floor, and willing to sacrifice their individual stats for team success.

How do you think Stevens/Pop would handle Lebron taking plays off completely on the defensive end like he did in this Pacers series alone? And Lebron's reaction to being berated in turn for that? Lebron tried to oust Spo and successfully got Blatt fired because they actually tried to implement something

We're talking about a guy who wrote himself a love letter for achieving 30k points on social media before he even reached it :lol:. If I was Pop and saw that, I'd be sick to my stomach
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,806

Post#23 » by jc23 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:23 pm

lebron runs the lebron system so i dont think any coach would make a difference on the cavs.
Be curious, Not judgmental
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#24 » by Dupp » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:27 pm

Even if cavs win the title they should still fire lue.

I’m not that optimistic he’ll get fired because there’s already 3 coaches on the payroll so that’s make it 4.

He’s terrible though. Whatever direction the cavs are going in he shouldn’t be part of it
LeBird
Rookie
And1: 888

Post#25 » by LeBird » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:28 pm

clyde21 wrote:Weird question. Are you asking that if Lue should be fired the rest of these POs if the Cavs advance? If so, I'm not really sure it matters at all.

For next season, though, he's definitely gone. Should've been gone after he lost complete control of that locker room earlier in the season actually.

If they win and he goes afterwards - heck, I don't even care if it is done for 'illness' reasons to save face - it would give them a better shot in the next round.

I knew I wasn't alone in feeling this but surprised the poll results are so one-sided. But it's just indefensible at this point. When you see what solid - nevermind all-timers like Pop - coaches can do for a team it's hard to excuse game after game of poor coaching decisions. It might end up costing them the series and LeBron overall.
Sorkoram
Senior
And1: 284

Post#26 » by Sorkoram » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:32 pm

Lue definitely has been getting outcoached, but man is he making Blatt look good.

Should he get fired? Nah, because who knows how much LBJ hijacks the gameplan.
Buckeye State of Mind.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,074

Re: RE: Re: If Cavs win, would you fire Lue? 

Post#27 » by Wizop » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:17 am

infinite11285 wrote:I can't think of a single scenario where he keeps his job, honestly.
I can. He stays if LeBron says he'll only stay if Lue is the coach.

Sent from my phone.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#28 » by Spens1 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:47 am

KingCurry wrote:
Heej wrote:
KingCurry wrote:why? that's the way Lebron prefers his coaches.

shut up and let him do what Queen James wants to do. still boggles my mind people think someone with his ego would want a coach like Pop

That's why the last two times LeBron played Pop and Stevens in the playoffs he couldn't take their balls out of his mouth every time he was asked about their coaching prowess during interviews. Or why he rolled hard to the rim every opportunity he got screening for Delly or IT when he was productive his first two games back. Still boggles my mind people think the smartest player of his generation doesn't want to get fed easy baskets by competent playmakers.

You must be one of those guys who think if David Stern didn't "basketball reasons" the CP3 Trade Kobe would've dominated the ball every possession and reduced him to a spot up shooter. Great players want easy scoring opportunities just as much as role players do

yeah I can talk about how much I want to bang a p*rnstar but would I want to date/marry one? no I don't think so

Stevens/Pop have had success because their players are able to toss their ego aside and play in a selfless culture, being accountable on BOTH ends of the floor, and willing to sacrifice their individual stats for team success.

How do you think Stevens/Pop would handle Lebron taking plays off completely on the defensive end like he did in this Pacers series alone? And Lebron's reaction to being berated in turn for that? Lebron tried to oust Spo and successfully got Blatt fired because they actually tried to implement something

We're talking about a guy who wrote himself a love letter for achieving 30k points on social media before he even reached it :lol:. If I was Pop and saw that, I'd be sick to my stomach

i'd add synder to this also, thats the main thing behind utahs success

Return to The General Board