As expected, nobody cares that GS won the title.

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

76Shots
Sophomore
And1: 226

Re: As expected, nobody cares that GS won the title. 

Post#101 » by 76Shots » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:31 am

svart wrote:
WEB IV wrote:
starbosa10 wrote:and Lebron, Wade and Bosh with Ray Allen in MIA didn't do the same?
did i miss the season when the heat won 73 games prior to The Decision?

You know what is funny?
Trends here on realgm.
Before durant joined: lol, 73-9 means nothing without a chip, chockers, weak minded, lucky team
After Durant joined: weak move, coward, he joined 73-9 warriors team, most stacked team ever, juggernaut

You can't have both, and it's kame bakancing between the two when it fits a certain narrative.

Luckily real gm is not real life.

Great point, and its one I've been patiently waiting for a GSW/Durant detractor to respond to. To add to your point, I've seen 10+ page threads about how "Dray would be a role player on any other team" or how " Klay is a glorified 3+D player" or how "Steph is a great shooter not a great player" but as soon Durant is brought up everybody is an all-star/ superstar again.

It's exactly as you said they want to have it both ways which to me says the overwhelming majority of the antagonist GSW/Durant post have little to do with "competitiveness of the league" or "boring games" or "predictability" as much as it has to do with good old fashioned envy.
MastermindLV
Senior
And1: 822

Post#102 » by MastermindLV » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:37 am

I care. Its been a great 4 year run and I’m enjoying every second that I can because this won’t last forever
76Shots
Sophomore
And1: 226

Post#103 » by 76Shots » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:38 am

It would really be nice if all the those regurgitating the "Durant joined a 73 win team" over and over would also stop leaving out the convenient fact that they LOST the championship in an unprecedented fashion after being up 3-1 in championship.
ThreeMileAllan
Veteran
And1: 770

Re: RE: Re: As expected, nobody cares that GS won the title. 

Post#104 » by ThreeMileAllan » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:40 am

svart wrote:
WEB IV wrote:
starbosa10 wrote:and Lebron, Wade and Bosh with Ray Allen in MIA didn't do the same?
did i miss the season when the heat won 73 games prior to The Decision?

You know what is funny?
Trends here on realgm.
Before durant joined: lol, 73-9 means nothing without a chip, chockers, weak minded, lucky team
After Durant joined: weak move, coward, he joined 73-9 warriors team, most stacked team ever, juggernaut

You can't have both, and it's kame bakancing between the two when it fits a certain narrative.

Luckily real gm is not real life.
Huh??? The logic behind this is dumb. Of course you can have both. Jfc.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
On the Crawford/Rose bandwagon in 2002... 2009, 2011, 2012, 2017... :laugh: Finally in 2018! 16 year wait!
Javier Acosta
Bench Warmer
And1: 632

Post#105 » by Javier Acosta » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:47 am

MastermindLV wrote:I care. Its been a great 4 year run and I’m enjoying every second that I can because this won’t last forever

It feels like forever.
ProcessMeUpFam
Senior
And1: 1,033

Post#106 » by ProcessMeUpFam » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:54 am

So true. I don't even watch hockey but I find myself more interest in what Ovechkin is doing post championship than the Warriors title.
xfactor
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,592

Post#107 » by xfactor » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:00 am

76Shots wrote:It would really be nice if all the those regurgitating the "Durant joined a 73 win team" over and over would also stop leaving out the convenient fact that they LOST the championship in an unprecedented fashion after being up 3-1 in championship.

It demonstrates a dishonest agenda, obviously. Their idiocy is so transparent it's laughable. :lol:
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,421

Post#108 » by NapoleonII » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:14 am

xfactor wrote:
76Shots wrote:It would really be nice if all the those regurgitating the "Durant joined a 73 win team" over and over would also stop leaving out the convenient fact that they LOST the championship in an unprecedented fashion after being up 3-1 in championship.

It demonstrates a dishonest agenda, obviously. Their idiocy is so transparent it's laughable. :lol:

What other contender in the past 25 years added an MVP (within ~3 years) while only subtracting their worst starter?

None.

Add the fact that Durant joined the team that beat him and it's quite simple to see why most people are heavily turned off by his beta decision.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,427

Post#109 » by Nuntius » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:17 am

Texas Chuck wrote:No one is going to be able to hear it sadly what with all the hot take mentality that has taken over the GB, but he's making a solid point:

It's so anti-climatic that no one really cares outside Warrior's fans. At least the Patriots struggle to win all their Super Bowls which draws interest from so many rooting against them. This is like the UConn women, they have 10 of the best 20 players in the country often including 3 of the top 5 and so its just boring.

No offense to Warriors fans who owe no apology for enjoying this. But for the average NBA or sports fans its boring.

Can I be honest here? Personally, I pretty much stop caring about the playoffs the moment that my team gets disqualified. I believe that most other fans who follow particular teams feel the same way (or similar enough, at least). It goes with being a fan, a fanatic. You follow one team all year long, you stay up late to watch them every night (that's mostly for us who live in different time zones but still), you are happy when they win and sad when they lose. You cannot get this kind of connection with any other team. Sure, you can like some teams or players more than you like others but if they aren't the team that you followed all year long then the connection simply isn't as strong.

As for the Finals being anti-climatic. I started following the NBA in the lockout season. I don't remember a single NBA champion that was a surprise. We have 3 titles by the Warriors, 3 titles by LeBron-led teams and 1 title by the Spurs. If we take a look at the years before that then only two surprises stand out. Your Mavericks in 2011 and the Heat in 2006 (ironically, both of these Finals series was a Mavs-Heat match-up). Yes, these are the runs that one can look back with awe and make 30 for 30 about exactly because they were a relative surprise. Because those teams weren't dynasties. They weren't the favorites to win it all but they won it anyway. The rest? Meh, you could see them coming. Those teams were among the favorites and they did what they were supposed to do. That isn't meant to say that their championships mean less, of course. Every title is important for the team that wins it and is a testament to their hard work. No one can take anything away from them. It's just that as a fan I don't really find it interesting when the favorites win.

And that's really what the NBA has always been about. It's not about surprises. It's about the favorites. That's what happens when you have series that last 7 (or 5 as they used to) games. We aren't talking about single elimination games where anything can happen. We're talking about long series and long series have always favored the better team. That's what the NBA for. It's about rewarding the better teams and solidifying dynasties. That's why upsets are relatively rare (and most of the time they aren't even really upsets since there are specific match-up reasons why they happened). That's great for the teams themselves because they know that if they build a good squad they are most likely going to get rewarded for it but it does make it more predictable than other leagues.

So, no, I didn't follow this Finals series. I only saw the 4th quarter of game 3 on replay and the 2nd quarter of game 4 while half-asleep. But that doesn't have anything to do with the Warriors dominating. I haven't watched any of the previous Finals either, even those who were close. Because in the end it was still two favorites battling it out and that's just not very appealing to me as a neutral fan.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
xfactor
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,592

Post#110 » by xfactor » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:18 am

NapoleonII wrote:
xfactor wrote:

This is infantile reasoning.

What other contender in the past 25 years added an MVP (within ~3 years) while only subtracting their worst starter?

None.

Add the fact that Durant joined the team that beat him and it's quite simple to see why most people are heavily turned off by his beta decision.

Only on RGM would one spin facts as 'infantile reasoning'. Like it or not, there is no alternative universe. It happened and that is a fact. The fact that it didn't happen before is irrelevant.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach

Post#111 » by NapoleonII » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:23 am

xfactor wrote:
NapoleonII wrote:
xfactor wrote:

None.

Only on RGM would one spin facts as 'infantile reasoning'. Like it or not, there is no alternative universe. It happened and that is a fact. The fact that it didn't happen before is irrelevant.

Your fact and reasoning is...that it happened? Get over it?

You'd be a great Nazi.
NapoleonII
Assistant Coach

Post#112 » by NapoleonII » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:26 am

xfactor wrote:
NapoleonII wrote:
xfactor wrote:

None.

I'm sure Larry Bird is regretting joining Kareem and Magic the first time he lost. I'm sure Isaiah Thomas and Joe Dumars are regretting not joining Michael after he finally beat them. And I'm positive Tim Duncan is thinking the smartest, most unprecedented decision he should have made was joining Lebron and the Heatles after that epic game 7 in 2013.

There's very little to spin here, Durant's move was pure cowardice and easy pickings. That's not sports.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#113 » by Nuntius » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:29 am

NapoleonII wrote:
xfactor wrote:
NapoleonII wrote:

None.

Your fact and reasoning is...that it happened? Get over it?

You'd be a great Nazi.

Yes, because if there is one thing that Nazis were known of it was their propensity to state facts :banghead:
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,072

Post#114 » by Lalouie » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:10 am

this was one of those rare events everybody predicted what would happen when kd moved,,and it turned out exactly that. this was such a colossal game changer that the league overnight became no fun at all.

i don't want to hear klay saying "well everyone has to catch up". so like how about trading kd to portland or something. i don't want to hear kd saying we can't win all the time. i don't want to hear west saying they faced personal adversity. i'm not standing here and saying it's not fair, but kd was like the missing infinity stone.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#115 » by Nuntius » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:20 am

Javier Acosta wrote:
MastermindLV wrote:I care. Its been a great 4 year run and I’m enjoying every second that I can because this won’t last forever

It feels like forever.

Meh. LeBron's reign has lasted 8 years so far. WC fans will just have to learn to live how EC fans live.
Mankind..."

- Agalloch
Javier Acosta
Bench Warmer

Post#116 » by Javier Acosta » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:24 am

Nuntius wrote:
Javier Acosta wrote:

It feels like forever.

Meh. LeBron's reign has lasted 8 years so far. WC fans will just have to learn to live how EC fans live.

Yay.

Topher
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,467

Post#117 » by Topher » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:39 am

Kevin Durant cares.
Javier Acosta
Bench Warmer

Post#118 » by Javier Acosta » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:43 am

Topher wrote:Kevin Durant cares.

And his feeling are mixed about it. Even he is not enjoying it as much as he should.
Topher
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,467

Post#119 » by Topher » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:49 am

Javier Acosta wrote:
Topher wrote:Kevin Durant cares.

And his feeling are mixed about it. Even he is not enjoying it as much as he should.

Exactly. Right after they won I posted all over this board how the warriors celebration was so fake. Didn’t look genuine at all. They were trying so hard to look happy that they won but it was obvious they were acting for the cameras. I wouldn’t be surprised if KD left this summer but then again he’s mentally soft. He might go back after all.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,804

Post#120 » by floppymoose » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:34 am

Return to The General Board