As expected, nobody cares that GS won the title.

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Re: RE: Re: As expected, nobody cares that GS won the title. 

Post#141 » by cool93 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:31 pm

Soupman wrote:Think about it. Lebron could go to the lakers. Team up with PG. Lakers then package some players with deng's contract and trades them to the hawks,kings,suns,hornets,heat,knicks or grizzlies.They may have enough to sign another difference making FA.
Or he could go to Sixers, they trade for Kawhi and that would be a MUCH better team

Sent from my C101010 Ultra2 using RealGM mobile app
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,765

Re: As expected, nobody cares that GS won the title. 

Post#142 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:42 pm

IG2 wrote:Almost every single topic is about LeBron. And it's no different on TV either. There's the obligatory game recap and congratulating GS for their championship, then moving on to the stuff people actually care about. And this isn't about LeBron being the sexier topic. In fact, I fully believe even if he wasn't a FA next season and there wasn't anything to talk about on his front, GS still wouldn't get any more air time than they have. And that's because there simply isn't anything to talk about when it comes to them. There's no storyline.

Like I said yesterday, everybody lost with KD's move and that includes GS themselves. No champion has mattered less in NBA history. Nobody cares to celebrate them as a team because of the massive gap between them and everybody else. No adversity they overcame. No boost in legacy for anyone on the roster. They remain the definition of hollow/bland/boring whose only significance, frankly, comes from the fact that there's a team out there that can beat LeBron. If LeBron didnt exist, then good lord, I can't even imagine how much more insignificant GS would be.

i am reminded of the Rudi T quote about underestimating the heart of a champion. Lebron's heart was def challenged, the Warriors...not so much. watching GS in the finals is as exiting as watching paint dry, the only thing that made this finals tolerable was the curiosity of whether or not Lebron would pull off one win.
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,414

Post#143 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:50 pm

Good....I hope next year our unfair team wins all 82 and sweeps the finals.

Can't help it if your owners and GM's can't get it done. At LEASE Houston went for it...were up 3-2 and had a legit shot to beat the unbeatable team.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,746

Post#144 » by metafisical » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:05 pm

I care. I love watching dynasties, especially when the team put in the effort through good drafting and shrewd trades and free agent signings.

I hope GS wins the title again for the next 5 seasons.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
Nuntius
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,462

Post#145 » by Nuntius » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:20 pm

NapoleonII wrote:1.) You're repeating what I said. Did the Nazis role out these lies and propaganda and announce that they were duping everyone? Absolutely not, that's not how propaganda works. You're not seeing the nuance of propaganda itself, and yes, this is relevant in this discussion of KD because his "legacy" is constantly debated and an objective footing needs to be established.

I'm aware how propaganda works. This isn't a discussion about KD or his legacy, though. This is a discussion about the Warriors as a team.

NapoleonII wrote:2.) He stated as a "fact" that KD joined the warriors and they won titles and to essentialy get over it - NOT that they lost. The fact that they lost wasn't a part of my claim, only that they were a contender. Again I ask, did a contender ever get an MVP in their prime with only losing their worst starter.

So, you two are just not arguing the same point. Read the post that xfactor originally replied to. It was a post that said that people like to ignore the fact that the 73 win team actually lost the title. That's what xfactor was agreeing with. That was the fact that they were talking about.
"No wolf shall keep his secrets, no bird shall dance the skyline
And I am left with nothing but an oath that gleams like a sword
To bathe in the blood of man
Mankind..."

She Painted Fire Across the Skyline, Part 3
- Agalloch
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,901

Post#146 » by TeamTragic » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:36 pm

I can promise you that Warrior fans care about their team. Just because your team can't put together championship caliber basketball doesn't give you the right to bash the current NBA champs. Take your **** attitude and see yourself out.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,804

Post#147 » by floppymoose » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:51 pm

I have no problem with the attitude. Say you hate GSW, say you didn’t watch, say it all sucks, fine. Say no one watched and I’m going to show you you’re wrong. For the GSW haters, the current situation is their problem, no one else’s.
xfactor
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,592

Post#148 » by xfactor » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:54 pm

NapoleonII wrote:
Nuntius wrote:
NapoleonII wrote:
That's exactly my point. "Get over it/who cares if this is unprecedented" as a "fact" is in fact using no facts. It's the illusion of using logic.

And you're actually wrong, the Nazis cited tons of philosophers and bogus history/racist science to build up their claims and their platform.

1) What the Nazis used was definitely not facts. It was pseudo-science and propaganda.

2) What the poster you replied to was saying (in his own reply to 76shots) was that this 73-win team didn't win the title. And yes, that was a fact. They didn't win the title that year they won 73 games.

You are free to dislike Durant or any other player as much as you like but let's not go around ignoring facts or comparing basketball fans to Nazis because they mention those facts. Both distorting facts and comparing basketball fans to Nazis for mentioning those facts is dangerous.

1.) You're repeating what I said. Did the Nazis role out these lies and propaganda and announce that they were duping everyone? Absolutely not, that's not how propaganda works. You're not seeing the nuance of propaganda itself, and yes, this is relevant in this discussion of KD because his "legacy" is constantly debated and an objective footing needs to be established.

2.) He stated as a "fact" that KD joined the warriors and they won titles and to essentialy get over it - NOT that they lost. The fact that they lost wasn't a part of my claim, only that they were a contender. Again I ask, did a contender ever get an MVP in their prime with only losing their worst starter.

I know what I stated as a fact. It’s quite simple. As I’ve said 100 times. That 73 win team lost. Period. Either you’re being intentionally obtuse or your reading comprehension is that of a embryo. Jesus. What else are you to do when you lose. Get better. It’s not rocket science.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STRIKE: Personal attack
Stop insulting other users.
-Sammy
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,016

Post#149 » by R-DAWG » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:01 pm

nitetrain8603 wrote:Well, I'm sure Warrior fans care. I care about the competition. There's just such a huge talent gap. I wish more teams took the Morey approach and raced to load up their teams to try and take them down. Almost all other teams are waiting for the Warriors to fade which to me is a loser's mentality.

I mean, other teams are trying to win as well. Utah didn't trade Gordon Hayward, he left. New Orleans bought low on Boogie. OKC brought in Paul George and Melo.
phraoh
Sixth Man
And1: 714

Post#150 » by phraoh » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:05 pm

I think the media doesn't make a big deal out of it, because they should and are expected to win, so no one makes a big deal out of it. Add to the fact they have players that most people (except their own fans) can't stand (Thompson is the only one any fan of another team actually "likes" - not saying the others aren't good, but very unlikeable in my opinion to fans of other teams as well)

Return to The General Board