Should the NBA get rid of that stupid cap floor rule ?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,559

Re: Should the NBA get rid of that stupid cap floor rule ? 

Post#21 » by Dominator83 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:25 pm

xBulletproof wrote:The only punishment I know of for not hitting the cap floor is that the money up to the cap is divided up and spread out among the players on the roster to compensate. So if you're 15 mil under the floor, and have 15 players, they all get 1 million or something like that.

Thats no excuse for giving out bad contracts at all.

Yep. And I'm pretty sure that it was the owners that pushed for this so guys like Sterling can't slack off on the payouts
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,759

Re: Should the NBA get rid of that stupid cap floor rule ? 

Post#22 » by leolozon » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:36 pm

BernteB wrote:
xBulletproof wrote:The only punishment I know of for not hitting the cap floor is that the money up to the cap is divided up and spread out among the players on the roster to compensate. So if you're 15 mil under the floor, and have 15 players, they all get 1 million or something like that.

Thats no excuse for giving out bad contracts at all.

this. so even if an owner decides to set up a d-league team with minimum salaries only, he'd have to pay the money, which is the difference of the current salaries and the cap floor, anyways to all the players on the roster. that of course makes contracts like deng's look even more stupid. they don't have to hand out contracts just to hit the cap floor.

Plus, teams can just overpay for 1 year like Philly did with Reddick. You don't have to be stuck with bad contracts.

Return to The General Board