Hey OKC can I get a refund on SGA for PG?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,155

Re: Hey OKC can I get a refund on SGA for PG? 

Post#41 » by zimpy27 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:01 am

macNcheese3 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Trade PG for Embiid?

That makes the Sixers worse

Simmons for PG?
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 21,025

Post#42 » by AussieCeltic » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:12 am

Oh look... another ClipsFanSince98 over-reactionary thread....
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,457

Post#43 » by KrazyP » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:39 am

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
DaT WaVeY RiCaN wrote:Op you wouldnt be title contenders with Kawahi and Shai

Clippers would of used Gallo+Picks to get another superstar. So it would be something like Kawhi, superstar #2, SGA.

The Clippers probably could have got a guy like Bradley Beal for half of what they gave up for Paul George. Kawhi might have shot himself in the foot by demanding a specific player.
LoneyROY
Veteran
And1: 2,972

Post#44 » by LoneyROY » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:49 am

This trade won't haunt you nearly as much as drafting Jerome Robinson over Michael Porter Jr. will.

The Jerome Robinson that's now on the Washington Wizards. :lol: :lol:
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#45 » by themoneyteam2 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:55 am

VanWest82 wrote:Mods please don't lock this regardless of how bad it gets. Allow us the chance to bump in the playoffs when PG is killing it and OKC is going home early so RealGM can at least have some fun while Clips are beating up on everyone.

“Playoff P” killing it in the playoffs? That’d be the first time since the ECF in 2013
clippertown
Veteran
And1: 935

Post#46 » by clippertown » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:00 am

Its a ridiculous luxury to have, but I would not be surprised if PG gets moved to the bench. I am not suggesting that he is not worth his current contract, just that he and Kawhi need to load manage during games and each needs to be the star on the court, the only star (especially George).

Personally, I see Doc eventually realizing that a Bev / Shamet / Kawhi / Morris / Zubac lineup with a Lou / PG / Trez backup squad will win more games than their current lineup, especially against the top teams during the regular season. When Kawhi load-manages games, PG can start with McGruder or Green backing him up.

During the playoffs, Doc will jettison Zubac and run with a Morris / Kawhi / PG / Shamet / Bev lineup against most teams.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#47 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:02 am

I suggested that in a trade thread :)?
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,412

Post#48 » by iLLmatic860 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:04 am

KrazyP wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:

Clippers would of used Gallo+Picks to get another superstar. So it would be something like Kawhi, superstar #2, SGA.

The Clippers probably could have got a guy like Bradley Beal for half of what they gave up for Paul George. Kawhi might have shot himself in the foot by demanding a specific player.

That trade didnt hurt Kawahi. It hurt the Clippers.
Got Em
Rookie
And1: 257

Post#49 » by Got Em » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:18 am

_MidNight_ wrote:You guys would do well with a big who shot blocks and shoot 3's like Lopez or Serge/Marc and a solid point guard that can run the offense (floor general) make open 3's and defend like a Vanvleet, CP3, Brogdon or the aforementioned SGA.

Totally. Can you imagine if instead of PG, you put Kawhi with some of the guys you mentioned. Like Vanvleet, Ibaka AND Gasol?? What would be crazy is if you then just added an a two way all star and elite shooter/play maker, say someone like Kyle Lowry? Jheez. Throw in a deep bench and young up and coming all star and that’s a chip...if only
I don't need a watch, I'm on time when I get there.
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#50 » by RonaldArtest » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:23 am

That’s the price you had to pay to attract a superstar in Kawhi. It’a not a big deal now, George will be fine.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,748

Post#51 » by nzahir » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:25 am

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:

Who would that star be?
freethedevil
Head Coach
And1: 3,230

Post#52 » by freethedevil » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:38 am

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
_MidNight_ wrote:You guys would do well with a big who shot blocks and shoot 3's like Lopez or Serge/Marc and a solid point guard that can run the offense (floor general) make open 3's and defend like a Vanvleet, CP3, Brogdon or the aforementioned SGA.

Zubac is #2 in rim defense efficiency and Harrell is #9. .

Now post their volume and tell me how that's going to hold up against lebron, ad, embid, and giannis
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach
And1: 5,726

Post#53 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:41 am

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:

Zubac is #2 in rim defense efficiency and Harrell is #9. This is not the problem. The problem is the playmaking+turnovers+the streakiness of the guys on the team. Clippers win the battle of the paint most nights.

Yeah I’m not buying this. I think the Clippers are very weak inside. Zubac is very easy to exploit in space and Harrell just isn’t a good defender. Apparently a few Clipper analysts agree. It’s a problem now and going to be even bigger one in the playoffs.

Read on Twitter
?s=21
cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 24,559

Post#54 » by cupcakesnake » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:45 pm

I don't see much difference from his past seasons in OKC and Indiana tbh. He's a pretty streaky pull up shooter. He's not KD or Kawhi where his pull up game generates efficient enough offense all by himself. He makes some strong athletic/hustle plays from time to time and can really impact the game on defense when he's healthy. He's an okay not great ball handler and passer.

The Paul George led offenses in Indiana were always below average to bad. He's a good enough scorer to sort of prop up the offense of an elite defense (i guess... Paul George's Indy offenses were ranked close to the bottom of the league). There is a reason smart people only talk about him as "the best second option in the league".

Clippers already have a walking guaranteed bucket in Kawhi. You don't get a more reliable weapon in the playoffs than Kawhi's elbow pull up. As long as Paul George is alive and well in the playoffs, swallowing people whole on defense and taking a ton of threes, Clippers still project as the most dangerous 2-way team in the playoffs. If you want Paul George to show you Kawhi level reliable scoring, you'll stay frustrated.
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
Johnny Tomala
Veteran
And1: 2,115

Post#55 » by Johnny Tomala » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:50 pm

George isn't a superstar and he wasn't worth the package Clippers paid for him.
MavfanAus
Analyst
And1: 2,302

Post#56 » by MavfanAus » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:53 pm

Man at least OKC got something back for PG after throwing away Sabonis for absolutely nothing.
daswunderboy
Analyst
And1: 2,141

Post#57 » by daswunderboy » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:14 pm

I've thought this from the start. George had 2 shoulder surgeries this offseason. That would have scared me off right then and there. As a Clippers fan, i guess the best thing you can say is "at least he didn't sign for 5 years".
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,191

Post#58 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:22 pm

Give us Shamet, Zubac, PG13 and a FRP and you can get SGA and Gallo back to LA ;)
Cobra Kawhi
Veteran
And1: 5,957

Post#59 » by Cobra Kawhi » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:23 pm

You should have a limit for the number of impulsive threads you can make in a month
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,105

Post#60 » by Lockdown504090 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:24 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:

I'd do it in a heartbeat. Would be hard to lean on two very injury prone superstars, but if healthy for the playoffs they'd be the best duo in the NBA, even better than Lebron+AD IMO.

that would be pretty awesome for the 6ers too

Return to The General Board