Has such a hyped team ever had a title window close as fast as the current Clippers?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Is the Clippers title window already closing?

They never had a title window with Kawhi/PG
24%
Yes, it's closing
33%
No, they will remain title contenders
43%

Total votes: 96

AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Re: Has such a hyped team ever had a title window close as fast as the current Clippers? 

Post#81 » by AingesBurner » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:38 pm

kg01 wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Bro, try being a Hawks fan. At least you have a couple Finals appearances to reminisce on. :-?

I have reminisce about a Jordan push off and the NBA not wanting Utah to win.... :lol: still salty.

You could always root for Bryan (Byron?) Russell to get at MJ in that 1v1 game he's been tryna get the past few years.

That'd be a double pulled hammy fest waiting to happen. :lol:

A true Grudge match but I think MJ is likely in better shape haha at this point.
Ingles is cooked.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,590

Re: Has such a hyped team ever had a title window close as fast as the current Clippers? 

Post#82 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:54 pm

After hearing the reasons it would be so sad if OKC traded Shai for 3 1st round picks.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,985

Post#83 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:55 pm

iamworthy wrote:Clips, you really did put in for a name change!! :o

viewtopic.php?p=89682286#p89682286

:lol:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,485

Post#84 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:59 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:As a recent EX fan of this team (name change has been pending 4 days) that feels like the weight of the world is off my shoulders since I moved on...

So you're gonna be a Sonics fan again when Silver announces expansion in the not too distant future???

Wait...

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:Old username: ClipsFanSince98
New username: ThunderFanSinceSGA

Dude. Really!? :o

Howard, if you're reading this, don't let him off the hook so easy! :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,905

Post#85 » by OkcSinceSGA » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:59 am

OkcSinceSGA wrote:As a recent EX fan of this team (name change has been pending 4 days) that feels like the weight of the world is off my shoulders since I moved on... I can't help but feel that the team has a historically short title window for their age and talent level. When it was initially assembled, I didn't see why it couldn't be a 4-5 year window if they did a good job building the role players around Kawhi+PG. At this point I'm curious if they even had a true title window to begin with. They brought this on themselves and Kawhi forcing the front office's hand with his backdoor deals to land PG etc really sabotaged any realistic title chances arguably.

Last year you could say they had a "puncher's chance", but given how good the Lakers/Bucks were all year, it wasn't like they were clearly the best team. Even then, they choked a 3-1 lead to a lower seed than them. So that's year 1 wasted. Now enter year two and they started off really elite offensively, but now that the offense is regressing a bit, the defense is still bad. They are the NBA's worst team in close games by a mile.

I mean the argument may be more of "did the Clippers ever have a title window?, but for the sake of this discussion is their window already closed or close to being closed? Kawhi recently turned 29, PG 30, so no reason they aren't still in their prime. I just think the Clippers gambled big time and lost the gamble with the extremely flawed roster they assembled. They are back to 2019-2020 Jekyl and Hyde thing where they can't seem to string together consistent effort anymore.

What's worse for them is with the Lakers injury problems and few teams dropping off this was the best year to make a run. Sadly they will likely be bounced in round 1 or 2.

Is the Clippers title window already closed or closing? Has a team this talented and young on paper ever fizzed out in just a year?

Ain’t nothing changed. Just different role players.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.

Return to The General Board