OKC is a disgrace

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

ChipotleWest
Veteran
And1: 2,199

Re: OKC is a disgrace 

Post#701 » by ChipotleWest » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:18 pm

ShootersShoot wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
Long2_noD wrote:2015 Hawks surely?
OKC has a legit superstar and maybe 2nd best HCA in the West, so they are in much better positioned for postseason.

I should have said in the West, the East was a joke then except for Lebron.

The 20/21 Jazz perhaps?

Yeah I'll give you that one.
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,269

Post#702 » by ShootersShoot » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:23 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
ShootersShoot wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
I should have said in the West, the East was a joke then except for Lebron.

The 20/21 Jazz perhaps?

I'd say there are some stark differences in comparison to the 20/21 jazz. First, the thunder are extremely young. This will be Chet's and JWill's first year in the playoffs and the team itself has assets to work with in the form of draft capital. They literally have zero starters that are 26 years old or older.
ChipotleWest
Veteran
And1: 2,199

Post#703 » by ChipotleWest » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:28 pm

ShootersShoot wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
ShootersShoot wrote:
The 20/21 Jazz perhaps?

I'd say there are some stark differences in comparison to the 20/21 jazz. First, the thunder are extremely young. This will be Chet's and JWill's first year in the playoffs and the team itself has assets to work with in the form of draft capital. They literally have zero starters that are 26 years old or older.

Yeah I wasn't really knocking what the team has done it's impressive just that I don't see them as contenders this year. I think they could use another rim protector and they just need experience. This is the first time since 1955 the youngest team in the NBA is the #1 seed, it's impressive. I just don't think they're winning more than a round in the playoffs.
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,269

Post#704 » by ShootersShoot » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:30 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
ShootersShoot wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

Yeah I wasn't really knocking what the team has done it's impressive just that I don't see them as contenders this year. I think they could use a rim protector and they just need experience. This is the first time since 1955 the youngest team in the NBA is the #1 seed, it's impressive. I just don't think they're winning more than a round in the playoffs.

Yea thats fair.. young teams need to gain experience and to prove themselves. Its very likely based on historical data and just simple reasoning that a team where most of its core hasnt even played in a playoff game yet will most likely not go far in the playoffs.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,596

Post#705 » by Capn'O » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:33 pm

Capn'O wrote:To be fair, SGA was actually out yesterday due to concussion protocol and Giddey has been sick. If a team just has bad pieces it's not as egregious as when they actively sit healthy players. That just doesn't sit well with me.

I stand by my thoughts here. Presti is one of the top GMs in the game, if not the best one. I did find them basically shelving Horford when he was helping them win distasteful. I hope the NBA comes up with something to prevent teams from doing that.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,481

Post#706 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:48 pm

KembaWalker wrote:I don’t really get the point of the bump, nobody’s going to be eating crow for saying 3 years ago that shamefully tanking is a disgrace. I don’t even see anyone saying it wouldn’t work, just that it’s incredibly lame. We already know it “works” even by the time this thread was made because the Sixers did the same thing to get an MVP level player

Something can be simultaneously extremely pathetic and also objectively a decent way to build a team, if ownership signs off on it

Where exactly were they shamefully tanking? They've had 2 top 10 picks in the last 10 years, one was Giddey at 6th and the other was Chet at 2, outside of Chet that their previous top 5 pick was Harden in 2009.

There have been teams picking top 5 a lot more frequently than them with absolutely nothing to show for it in terms of wins.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,095

Post#707 » by Lalouie » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:03 am

baldur wrote:What kind of roster is that today?
Might as well not play the game at all?
How the hell are the 70 percent of the squad injured? I thought medical technologies have advanced?
Plus, how the hell are the broadcast companies paying billions of dollars for this kind of product?

Please discuss.

theyre resting

the joke is on tv and the fans

Return to The General Board