Embiid's antics have gone too far. NBA needs to stop him.

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,503

Re: Embiid's antics have gone too far. NBA needs to stop him. 

Post#281 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:25 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
cgf wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
There was a thread with sixers fans crying when Embiid got hurt mid-season because players were diving for a ball. I'm sure you'd feel the same way if this happened to Embiid. As evident by most of the messages in this thread, people are hoping it happens lol.

Speak for yourself. Scumbag moves beget scumbag moves unless someone is willing to be better and just beat the 6ers down on the court, and I'd rather not dislike anyone on this roster.

It's one thing if Embiid was apologetic for his actions but not only was that super dirty, he felt he was justified to do it because he wasn't getting calls for his flops.

There's a fine between taking the high road vs just getting bullied to the point it looks like the team is backing down to Embiid. This isn't the first time Embiid has employed this tactic so I wish yall good luck on not looking soft as hell if you continue letting him push yall around without a response.

Don't have to get dirty to push back is all I'm saying. Get physical, let Jericho scrap with him if Joel wants to scrap, but if we let someone like Achiuwa or Sims pull-an-Embiid on Embiid that'll **** us worse.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,759

Post#282 » by Tor_Raps » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:28 pm

cgf wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
cgf wrote:
Speak for yourself. Scumbag moves beget scumbag moves unless someone is willing to be better and just beat the 6ers down on the court, and I'd rather not dislike anyone on this roster.

It's one thing if Embiid was apologetic for his actions but not only was that super dirty, he felt he was justified to do it because he wasn't getting calls for his flops.

There's a fine between taking the high road vs just getting bullied to the point it looks like the team is backing down to Embiid. This isn't the first time Embiid has employed this tactic so I wish yall good luck on not looking soft as hell if you continue letting him push yall around without a response.

Don't have to get dirty to push back is all I'm saying. Get physical, let Jericho scrap with him if Joel wants to scrap, but if we let someone like Achiuwa or Sims pull-an-Embiid on Embiid that'll **** us worse.

Ya I agree with that. I just didn't see anyone really getting physical back with Embiid. What I saw was that the Knicks tried initially but Embiid put them back in their places.

Just don't get bullied because the Knicks team has more than enough dog in them to fight back. Good luck!
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,898

Post#283 » by Quattro » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:40 pm

Hussien Fatal wrote:
Quattro wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:Dude scores 50 on 19 shots and all people are talking about is a hip check, ball tap and a pull? In the 80’s and 90’s these aren’t even common fouls let alone grounds for ejection. You Embiid haters are softer than toilet paper.

Right. Let's keep pretending that if Robinson did this to Embiid, you wouldn't be screaming bloody murder around here

If Robinson did this to Paul Reed I wouldn’t be on a basketball forum crying about it. Like you are.

SO It's ok to try and injure a player as long as he's not a "star" huh? Pathetic.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,164

Post#284 » by Woodsanity » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:00 pm

Nba removing videos of embiid’s dirty plays.
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
HardenToSixers
Rookie
And1: 659

Post#285 » by HardenToSixers » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:08 pm

Quattro wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:
Quattro wrote:
Right. Let's keep pretending that if Robinson did this to Embiid, you wouldn't be screaming bloody murder around here

If Robinson did this to Paul Reed I wouldn’t be on a basketball forum crying about it. Like you are.

SO It's ok to try and injure a player as long as he's not a "star" huh? Pathetic.

So you should be just as upset then about the pizza boy trying to tear Oubre’s ACL then
Tony Franciosa
Sixth Man
And1: 970

Post#286 » by Tony Franciosa » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:12 pm

Quattro wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:
Quattro wrote:

QingJames
Sixth Man
And1: 2,253

Post#287 » by QingJames » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:14 pm

Embiid is trying to injure other players. It’s pretty obvious at this point. He’s learned a lot from fellow dirty player Giannis, in that he knows his only chance to win a title is if he cripples the other teams.
eyeatoma wrote:You guys still dont' get it. Playoff accomplishment don't matter when you're up for your 1st MVP. When you're up for your 3rd in a row, damn straight it matters, as the only ones who done it are top 15 players of all time who have won rings.
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,357

Post#288 » by Black Jack » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:29 pm

I'm all for an eye for an eye treatment for any player trying to hurt other players.

I need to watch more footage to decide if Embiid doing it on purpose but two guys I used to really dislike about this are Patrick Beverley and Grayson Allen. They both seemed to have stopped now so it's whatever. But Allen in particular I used to get sick watching in college. And I thought Pat Bev was trying to injure guys like Westbrook. Just reprehensible.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
Hatrick Ewing
Junior
And1: 434

Post#289 » by Hatrick Ewing » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:14 pm

Black Jack wrote:I'm all for an eye for an eye treatment for any player trying to hurt other players.

I need to watch more footage to decide if Embiid doing it on purpose but two guys I used to really dislike about this are Patrick Beverley and Grayson Allen. They both seemed to have stopped now so it's whatever. But Allen in particular I used to get sick watching in college. And I thought Pat Bev was trying to injure guys like Westbrook. Just reprehensible.

Right or wrong, don't think there's any other possible outcome in game 4 if they don't suspend him. He did it 3 times.
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,407

Post#290 » by robbie84 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:17 pm

Between this idiots flailing, foul baiting and his dangerous play- he's got to be one of the most unlikeable stars in recent NBA history.

Look at this clown vs someone like Jokic or Steph Curry. He's an absolute embarrassment.
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
Hatrick Ewing
Junior

Post#291 » by Hatrick Ewing » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:21 pm

robbie84 wrote:Between this idiots flailing, foul baiting and his dangerous play- he's got to be one of the most unlikeable stars in recent NBA history.

Look at this clown vs someone like Jokic or Steph Curry. He's an absolute embarrassment.

Agreed.
SkyHookFTW
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,104

Post#292 » by SkyHookFTW » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:22 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
G R E Y wrote:
rapstarter wrote:
Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1783648567615184919%7Ctwgr%5Ebdeaf963ec49d3903250bc60038d59e3cbf2233a%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.realgm.com%2Fboards%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D2372399start%3D3220

Not sure how this wasn't a flagrant 2.

TroubleS0me wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

It's clear why the top post is getting deserving attention but I wanted to add the second one for all to see together and also get its proper eyes.

Bitch moves, every single one of them.

How was the last one, the moving body check on OG not called. Right in front of the trail ref.

I just blew up the last one and watched in slow motion. Embiid's feet are actually set when he makes contact. He leans his hips/sticks his butt out but his feet by then are set. But he was looking for the contact, no doubt. Guess the ref has Embiid on his fantasy playoff team.
"It's scarier than Charles Barkley at an all you can eat buffet." --Shaq on Shark Week
"My secret to getting rebounds? It's called go get the damn ball." --Charles Barkley
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,853

Post#293 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:25 pm

SkyHookFTW wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
G R E Y wrote:

It's clear why the top post is getting deserving attention but I wanted to add the second one for all to see together and also get its proper eyes.

How was the last one, the moving body check on OG not called. Right in front of the trail ref.

I just blew up the last one and watched in slow motion. Embiid's feet are actually set when he makes contact. He leans his hips/sticks his butt out but his feet by then are set. But he was looking for the contact, no doubt. Guess the ref has Embiid on his fantasy playoff team.

At regular speed which is what refs see, he sees OG and backs up into his path, then hips and butt as you said. Feet being set in slow motion doesn't mean much
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,503

Post#294 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:28 pm

SkyHookFTW wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
G R E Y wrote:

Looks to me like his left heel is still up in the air when he's already throwing himself back into OG, but I'm biased.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Hatrick Ewing
Junior

Post#295 » by Hatrick Ewing » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:43 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
SkyHookFTW wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:

At regular speed which is what refs see, he sees OG and backs up into his path, then hips and butt as you said. Feet being set in slow motion doesn't mean much

People aren't even talking about that one. crazy.
Hatrick Ewing
Junior

Post#296 » by Hatrick Ewing » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:51 pm

If Knicks go up 3-1, NBA better hope that he doesn't take a Knick out on their way to the next series and ruin their ratings for that one.
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,310

Post#297 » by TroubleS0me » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:10 pm

The Refs knew they made a bad call in game 2. Game 3 ,comes the refs decides to give the 6ers, Embiid the calls.
ChrisStudley
Sophomore
And1: 125

Post#298 » by ChrisStudley » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:27 pm

Tony Franciosa wrote:
Quattro wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:

Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,401

Post#299 » by Hussien Fatal » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:32 pm

Quattro wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:
Quattro wrote:

Just saying I find it funny your on the internet crying about a role player being injured.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
famicommander
Sophomore
And1: 382

Post#300 » by famicommander » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:41 pm

Hussien Fatal wrote:
Quattro wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:

Just saying I find it funny your on the internet crying about a role player being injured.

Everyone should be upset that one player intentionally took out another player, no matter who the two guys in question are.

But in this specific context, we have the most protected player in the league from a foul perspective (Embiid) simultaneously getting away with the dirtiest stuff possible. Multiple nut shots, multiple ultimately successful attempts to take out a guy's legs, a dirty moving pick in the back court, etc.

He's like the very worst parts of Harden (foul grifting, flopping) and Draymond Green (dirty plays) combined into one player. It makes for a truly awful viewing experience.

Return to The General Board