Embiid's antics have gone too far. NBA needs to stop him.

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Chessboxer
Analyst
And1: 670

Re: Embiid's antics have gone too far. NBA needs to stop him. 

Post#301 » by Chessboxer » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:49 pm

So glad he did not win a second MVP.
" What I do is attack your ability. I don't have to stand over you and taunt you. You'll know when it's done that I'm better."

-Micheal Jordan
Hatrick Ewing
Junior
And1: 436

Post#302 » by Hatrick Ewing » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:59 pm

Chessboxer wrote:So glad he did not win a second MVP.

Shouldn't have won a first
Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,401

Post#303 » by Hussien Fatal » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:14 pm

famicommander wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:
Quattro wrote:
SO It's ok to try and injure a player as long as he's not a "star" huh? Pathetic.

Just saying I find it funny your on the internet crying about a role player being injured.

Everyone should be upset that one player intentionally took out another player, no matter who the two guys in question are.

But in this specific context, we have the most protected player in the league from a foul perspective (Embiid) simultaneously getting away with the dirtiest stuff possible. Multiple nut shots, multiple ultimately successful attempts to take out a guy's legs, a dirty moving pick in the back court, etc.

He's like the very worst parts of Harden (foul grifting, flopping) and Draymond Green (dirty plays) combined into one player. It makes for a truly awful viewing experience.

Lol you sound like a baby you should probably stop crying now.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,409

Post#304 » by robbie84 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:16 pm

Hussien Fatal wrote:
Quattro wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:
If Robinson did this to Paul Reed I wouldn’t be on a basketball forum crying about it. Like you are.

SO It's ok to try and injure a player as long as he's not a "star" huh? Pathetic.

Just saying I find it funny your on the internet crying about a role player being injured.

I haven't gone back through the thread, but it appears you're on the internet trying to defend your boy Embid with pretty serious fanboy conviction by pretending it's okay because it was a role player...
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
76ersForLife
Junior
And1: 371

Post#305 » by 76ersForLife » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:18 pm

He watched Maxey get mugged and he took it personal. Now carry the hell on.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,533

Post#306 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:19 pm

Does anyone else start hearing Dido in the background when they read HF's posts?
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,862

Post#307 » by WaltFrazier » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:01 am

TroubleS0me wrote:The Refs knew they made a bad call in game 2. Game 3 ,comes the refs decides to give the 6ers, Embiid the calls.

True, besides Embiid's dirty plays the refs started the 3rd quarter with 3 obvious bad calls/no calls against the Knicks. This continued and of course Sixers got crazy hot shooting.

And Sixers had 33 FTA to NYs 19, and Embiid had more than the Knicks by himself. Despite Knicks having more points in the paint 54-38. Lakers level favoritism
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,679

Post#308 » by knicksNOTslick » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:18 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:Dude scores 50 on 19 shots and all people are talking about is a hip check, ball tap and a pull? In the 80’s and 90’s these aren’t even common fouls let alone grounds for ejection. You Embiid haters are softer than toilet paper.

Pretty sure kneeing a guy in the junk has been a foul in every era. Same with grabbing a player's leg while he's going up for a shot and you're laying on the ground. The only difference is they didn't have flagrant fouls back then, but officials have never let that go.

He'd be the first to cry like Embiid when he gets injured. It's only a matter of time, Joel keeps testing it and plays dirty, he's gonna find out from the wrong team or player. And I won't feel bad at all
Hatrick Ewing
Junior

Post#309 » by Hatrick Ewing » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:55 am

knicksNOTslick wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:Dude scores 50 on 19 shots and all people are talking about is a hip check, ball tap and a pull? In the 80’s and 90’s these aren’t even common fouls let alone grounds for ejection. You Embiid haters are softer than toilet paper.

Pretty sure kneeing a guy in the junk has been a foul in every era. Same with grabbing a player's leg while he's going up for a shot and you're laying on the ground. The only difference is they didn't have flagrant fouls back then, but officials have never let that go.

He'd be the first to cry like Embiid when he gets injured. It's only a matter of time, Joel keeps testing it and plays dirty, he's gonna find out from the wrong team or player. And I won't feel bad at all

Knicks aren't gonna let him beat up their guys with Starks LJ etc in the building. Just a fact. Charles Oakley would kick his ass and is also a lot more accomplished as a player because he made it out of the second round.
Hatrick Ewing
Junior

Post#310 » by Hatrick Ewing » Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:25 pm

Woodsanity wrote:Nba removing videos of embiid’s dirty plays.

Is that true? What videos?
One Last Shot
Starter
And1: 2,867

Post#311 » by One Last Shot » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:35 pm

Hatrick Ewing wrote:
Woodsanity wrote:Nba removing videos of embiid’s dirty plays.

Is that true? What videos?

I don't think so. NBA are just protecting their brand, not just Embiid.

Read on Twitter
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,862

Post#312 » by WaltFrazier » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:51 pm

Even his dirty antics, stepping on Hart, forearm shiver to Brunson, couldn't help him today. Nice to see him choke away the game, very fitting
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Hatrick Ewing
Junior

Post#313 » by Hatrick Ewing » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:22 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:Even his dirty antics, stepping on Hart, forearm shiver to Brunson, couldn't help him today. Nice to see him choke away the game, very fitting

The stepping on Hart was gross. Mitch should sue him lol.
Hatrick Ewing
Junior

Post#314 » by Hatrick Ewing » Today 1:18 am

Wonder if the NBA is happy now for not suspending him.

Return to The General Board