Embiid's antics have gone too far. NBA needs to stop him.

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

QPR
Veteran
And1: 3,842

Re: Embiid's antics have gone too far. NBA needs to stop him. 

Post#261 » by QPR » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:52 pm

Why people react to Hussein's trolling is beyond me. Once the Sixers are out he'll stop posting again
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,852

Post#262 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:54 pm

G R E Y wrote:
rapstarter wrote:
Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1783648567615184919%7Ctwgr%5Ebdeaf963ec49d3903250bc60038d59e3cbf2233a%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.realgm.com%2Fboards%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D2372399start%3D3220

Not sure how this wasn't a flagrant 2.

TroubleS0me wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

It's clear why the top post is getting deserving attention but I wanted to add the second one for all to see together and also get its proper eyes.

Bitch moves, every single one of them.

How was the last one, the moving body check on OG not called. Right in front of the trail ref.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,758

Post#263 » by Tor_Raps » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:57 pm

Hussien Fatal wrote:Dude scores 50 on 19 shots and all people are talking about is a hip check, ball tap and a pull? In the 80’s and 90’s these aren’t even common fouls let alone grounds for ejection. You Embiid haters are softer than toilet paper.

There was a thread with sixers fans crying when Embiid got hurt mid-season because players were diving for a ball. I'm sure you'd feel the same way if this happened to Embiid. As evident by most of the messages in this thread, people are hoping it happens lol.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,352

Post#264 » by jbk1234 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:06 pm

azcatz11 wrote:The biggest difference and why Embiid isn't getting the same attention that Dray does is because after Embiid does something dirty he immediately will play the victim to the other players / officials. He also does it to the media directly after the game pretending like everyone is out to get him.

He's basically the worst type of person. At least Draymond is honest about who he is. I've never wished for a player to be injured but this dude makes it really hard....just being honest

This is not the primary, or even secondary, difference between those two players.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,625

Post#265 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:22 pm

azcatz11 wrote:The biggest difference and why Embiid isn't getting the same attention that Dray does is because after Embiid does something dirty he immediately will play the victim to the other players / officials. He also does it to the media directly after the game pretending like everyone is out to get him.

He's basically the worst type of person. At least Draymond is honest about who he is. I've never wished for a player to be injured but this dude makes it really hard....just being honest

Broooo, whaaaat?!

Draymond never takes accountability, unless it’s forced to save some face.
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,897

Post#266 » by Quattro » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:22 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:
G R E Y wrote:
rapstarter wrote:
Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1783648567615184919%7Ctwgr%5Ebdeaf963ec49d3903250bc60038d59e3cbf2233a%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.realgm.com%2Fboards%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D2372399start%3D3220

Not sure how this wasn't a flagrant 2.

TroubleS0me wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

It's clear why the top post is getting deserving attention but I wanted to add the second one for all to see together and also get its proper eyes.

How was the last one, the moving body check on OG not called. Right in front of the trail ref.

I know! I watched that live and said why are they even bothering to play this farce out? What argument can there possibly be that THAT is not a foul?
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,852

Post#267 » by WaltFrazier » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:27 pm

Quattro wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
G R E Y wrote:

I know! I watched that live and said why are they even bothering to play this farce out? What argument can there possibly be that THAT is not a foul?

And the announcers on TNT never mentioned it, like it didn't happen.

Watching the TNT studio crew after the Lakers game, recapping the Sixers. All Embiid highlights, not a thing about the dirty Robinson play or any others of his. Like an alternate reality
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
BruttoNostra
Senior
And1: 1,233

Post#268 » by BruttoNostra » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:41 pm

Bush league move from a career loser and a POS.
He will be crying again in the locker room in a week from now on his way to some low-altitude resort.
F*** this guy and his bandwagon.
Vita sine libertāte, nihil
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,895

Post#269 » by TheSuzerain » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:42 pm

Game 4 will be must see.

Not a surprise that Embiid was given the benefit of the doubt given how game 2 ended though.
76ersForLife
Junior
And1: 371

Post#270 » by 76ersForLife » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:44 pm

BK_2020 wrote:Don't worry he's got maybe 2 years left in the NBA before he ends his career flopping. It's a self-correcting problem.

Classy.
76ersForLife
Junior
And1: 371

Post#271 » by 76ersForLife » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:45 pm

BruttoNostra wrote:Bush league move from a career loser and a POS.
He will be crying again in the locker room in a week from now on his way to some low-altitude resort.

Somebody is salty.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#272 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:49 pm

76ersForLife wrote:

Somebody is salty.

Yea, that tends to happen when a player is on the court trying to injure players of the other team.

People don't like that.

Who woulda thought?!
Hatrick Ewing
Junior
And1: 434

Post#273 » by Hatrick Ewing » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:52 pm

I kinda think the NBA will deal with suspending him or the Knicks will deal with it. Don't think they'll just allow this to remain unchecked.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,493

Post#274 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:35 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:
Hussien Fatal wrote:Dude scores 50 on 19 shots and all people are talking about is a hip check, ball tap and a pull? In the 80’s and 90’s these aren’t even common fouls let alone grounds for ejection. You Embiid haters are softer than toilet paper.

There was a thread with sixers fans crying when Embiid got hurt mid-season because players were diving for a ball. I'm sure you'd feel the same way if this happened to Embiid. As evident by most of the messages in this thread, people are hoping it happens lol.

Speak for yourself. Scumbag moves beget scumbag moves unless someone is willing to be better and just beat the 6ers down on the court, and I'd rather not dislike anyone on this roster.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM

Post#275 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:37 pm

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
76ersForLife wrote:

Somebody is salty.

Yea, that tends to happen when a player is on the court trying to injure players of the other team.

People don't like that.

Who woulda thought?!

Fans have gotten so soft. Back in our day when someone was giving you a hard time on the court you lashed out like a child until you successfully injured them, and nobody cried about it. That was just the way you played ball back in the good ol days...
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#276 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:42 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:I'm not a the league-is-rigged guy, but Embiid isn't getting suspended for that. Might another player? Yes, but superstars get more leeway.

Also, when the lower seed is down 2-0 in a series, and they're playing their first game at home, they're almost always going to get a more favorable whistle. I don't think the NBA is managed per se, but there's definitely a pattern that emerges when narratives about the officiating favoring one team start to take hold.

“I don’t think the league is rigged, but I do think they ref games/players differently based on circumstances.”

:-p

Inconsistencies when it comes to suspensions isn't the same as the NBA forcing an outcome. It would take a lot for Siakam or Haliburton to get suspended as well. The NBA doesn't want the story to be how key guys getting suspended fundamentally altered a series. You have to put in the work like Draymond and kick/punch a bunch of guys in the balls, multiple times, to unlock that achievement.

My point is, there is no integrity in the sport if different players are held to different standards.

You can argue that logically, its better for the NBA if Embiid is on the court and you wouldn't be wrong. Its a business and I understand why the NBA lets some players get away with murder.

Doesn't change the fact that if players are reffered differently, the integrity of the game is gone. Maybe not rigged as in "Make sure this team wins." but still heavily influenced.
Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,401

Post#277 » by Hussien Fatal » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:45 pm

Quattro wrote:

Right. Let's keep pretending that if Robinson did this to Embiid, you wouldn't be screaming bloody murder around here

If Robinson did this to Paul Reed I wouldn’t be on a basketball forum crying about it. Like you are.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
cgf
RealGM

Post#278 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:48 pm

Hussien Fatal wrote:
Quattro wrote:

Right. Let's keep pretending that if Robinson did this to Embiid, you wouldn't be screaming bloody murder around here

If Robinson did this to Paul Reed I wouldn’t be on a basketball forum crying about it. Like you are.

If Robinson was as bad as Paul Reed, Embiid wouldn't have needed to injure Robinson to get a win in this series ;-)

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,352

Post#279 » by jbk1234 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:58 pm

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:“I don’t think the league is rigged, but I do think they ref games/players differently based on circumstances.”

:-p

Inconsistencies when it comes to suspensions isn't the same as the NBA forcing an outcome. It would take a lot for Siakam or Haliburton to get suspended as well. The NBA doesn't want the story to be how key guys getting suspended fundamentally altered a series. You have to put in the work like Draymond and kick/punch a bunch of guys in the balls, multiple times, to unlock that achievement.

My point is, there is no integrity in the sport if different players are held to different standards.

You can argue that logically, its better for the NBA if Embiid is on the court and you wouldn't be wrong. Its a business and I understand why the NBA lets some players get away with murder.

Doesn't change the fact that if players are reffered differently, the integrity of the game is gone. Maybe not rigged as in "Make sure this team wins." but still heavily influenced.

I think *no integrity* is overstating it, but the integrity of the game is certainly malleable.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 37,758

Post#280 » by Tor_Raps » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:12 pm

cgf wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:

Speak for yourself. Scumbag moves beget scumbag moves unless someone is willing to be better and just beat the 6ers down on the court, and I'd rather not dislike anyone on this roster.

It's one thing if Embiid was apologetic for his actions but not only was that super dirty, he felt he was justified to do it because he wasn't getting calls for his flops.

There's a fine between taking the high road vs just getting bullied to the point it looks like the team is backing down to Embiid. This isn't the first time Embiid has employed this tactic so I wish yall good luck on not looking soft as hell if you continue letting him push yall around without a response.

Return to The General Board