Embiid's antics have gone too far. NBA needs to stop him.

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Monky15
Starter
And1: 692

Re: Embiid's antics have gone too far. NBA needs to stop him. 

Post#141 » by Monky15 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:43 am

Embiid is 3rd All Time in FTA per game @ 9.7, the amazing thing is he is doing it in only 31.4 mpg.

Compare that to say Shaq who was frequently mugged in the post due to his size and used to have teams game plan around hacking him because he struggled to shoot 60% from the line, 9.3 FTAPG 34.7MPG
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,409

Post#142 » by eyeatoma » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:53 am

WiggOuts wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
People are complaining that Embiid is both a flopper and dirty. You call them whiners. I point out that you whined (incessantly I might add) when Siakam elbowed Embiid in the face. Pot calling kettle black. You now somehow don't get the conversation.

I said the Siakam play was dirty at the time. I also said that Embiid sort of got what was coming to him, given all the dirty plays he's done in the past to the Raptors and to other players.

Now your turn to admit Embiid has a history of dirty plays..
Embiid can be reckless, he's not inherently dirty.

Dirty is Zaza Pachulia and Kelly Olynk.

I whined incessantly? I was complaining about fans celebrating him getting hurt and and saying he got what he deserved, just like you did. No one deserves to get their face broken, sorry.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

this was not long before Siakam elbowed him. Siakam is not a dirty player trying to hurt people to get an edge, but if you keep pushing a person, you will reap what you sow

He's obviously trying to draw a foul. You really think that was a tackle? Did he he launch himself in the air? Did he run like 20 feet and try to spear him like edge. There was nothing wrong with what he did right there. You're seriously reaching.
jehosafats
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,835

Post#143 » by jehosafats » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:23 am

Disgusting
Ritzo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,301

Post#144 » by Ritzo » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:57 am

I've never seen a 7 footer guy falls to the floor this much.
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,617

Post#145 » by SFour » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:00 am

did you not watch the Sixers in the previous playoffs? what Embiid is doing is nothing new....add Harden on top of that and they are one of the least likable teams in the NBA

Maxey is the only likable guy on that team
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,491

Post#146 » by Cubbies2120 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:00 am

eyeatoma wrote:
WiggOuts wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Embiid can be reckless, he's not inherently dirty.

I whined incessantly? I was complaining about fans celebrating him getting hurt and and saying he got what he deserved, just like you did. No one deserves to get their face broken, sorry.

this was not long before Siakam elbowed him. Siakam is not a dirty player trying to hurt people to get an edge, but if you keep pushing a person, you will reap what you sow

He's obviously trying to draw a foul. You really think that was a tackle? Did he he launch himself in the air? Did he run like 20 feet and try to spear him like edge. There was nothing wrong with what he did right there. You're seriously reaching.

You can hear Siakam yell "timeout, timeout" while staring at the ref. Here's all the things that happen after that, in sequential order (feel free to slow it down to .25x)

1. Siakam picks up dribble, has both feet planted
2. Ref starts raising her harm to give the timeout to Siakam
3. You hear whistle
4. Embiid reaches out for the foul
5. Embiid makes contact and then decides to exaggerate it onto Siakam

So here's what we can conclude (pick 1):

1. Embiid has a reaction time of 1 sec +
2. Embiid is deaf and cannot hear "timeout, timeout" in front of him (which the ref 15 feet away heard), nor the whistle (the whistle came for timeout, before Embiid makes contact)
3. 1 + 2 are both true
4. Embiid knew a timeout would be charged, and decides to take out some frustration with the extra contact after the foul

I think that's what a lot of people miss in this video - Siakam was calling (and was getting granted) a timeout before Embiid takes it an extra level other than simply "foul".

Siakam has both feet planted, and the dribble picked up, before Embiid fouls him.
kanersen
Senior
And1: 1,086

Post#147 » by kanersen » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:14 am

Cubbies2120 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
WiggOuts wrote:

You can hear Siakam yell "timeout, timeout" while staring at the ref. Here's all the things that happen after that, in sequential order (feel free to slow it down to .25x)

3. You hear whistle

2. Embiid is deaf and cannot hear "timeout, timeout" in front of him (which the ref 15 feet away heard), nor the whistle (the whistle came for timeout, before Embiid makes contact)
3. 1 + 2 are both true
4. Embiid knew a timeout would be charged, and decides to take out some frustration with the extra contact after the foul

I think that's what a lot of people miss in this video - Siakam was calling (and was getting granted) a timeout before Embiid takes it an extra level other than simply "foul".

Siakam has both feet planted, and the dribble picked up, before Embiid fouls him.

Embiid is a punkass b***h.
I've never celebrated harm on any player in professional sports ever except for the time that Siakam broke Embiid's face.
The man is dirty and has little to no regard for the safety of others on the court.

Re: With the 4th Pick, the Raptors select Scottie Barnes
"SOmeone please post the greatest Scottie Barnes highlight reel ever made so I can feel better about this pick." - kanersen
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,120

Post#148 » by DonaldSanders » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:21 am

eyeatoma wrote:He's obviously trying to draw a foul. You really think that was a tackle? Did he he launch himself in the air? Did he run like 20 feet and try to spear him like edge. There was nothing wrong with what he did right there. You're seriously reaching.

It's another case of Embiid leading with his elbow in a totally unnecessary situation. I've honestly never seen someone go elbows out as much as this guy, it's bizarre.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#149 » by eyeatoma » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:45 am

kanersen wrote:
Cubbies2120 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

3. You hear whistle

3. 1 + 2 are both true

Embiid is a punkass b***h.
I've never celebrated harm on any player in professional sports ever except for the time that Siakam broke Embiid's face.
The man is dirty and has little to no regard for the safety of others on the court.

Tough words for someone behind a keyboard.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,417

Post#150 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:18 am

jstross wrote:Embiid falls to avoid impact on his feet. There was an article on it a while ago. He was essentially trained to do this by the doctors and training staff. I'll see if I can find it.
AussieCeltic wrote:If I had the time, I would create a Twitter account with a counter on how many times Embiid hits the floor in a game. My guess is 20+ times at least.

effing topquoters

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,431

Post#151 » by baldur » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:48 am

76ers are probably the least likeable team in the NBA right now.
AmIWrongDude
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,136

Post#152 » by AmIWrongDude » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:05 am

Time and time again the NBA shows that they aren’t against flopping and instead actually REWARD it.

When I say “flopping” I don’t even mean the egregious ones. What has a larger negative impact on the game are the players that make it a huge part of their game to hunt for fouls instead of actually trying to score.

Harden was amazing at it and Embiid is as well. I’ll probably get some hate for this but Kawhi is a great undercover flopper because he does it more discreetly.

What I don’t understand is how refs let it happen and even encourage it. You would think, if anything, they would be biased against those types of players because they make them look bad and can review film.

I don’t think it compares to soccer though. Seems like every player does it and it’s an actual strategy to waste time, get subs in, etc.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#153 » by Wilfried » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:37 am

baldur wrote:76ers are probably the least likeable team in the NBA right now.

Indeed

Normally it would be the Lakers off course, but because they are already so bad, hating on them is way too easy
CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,444

Post#154 » by CoP » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:05 pm

AmIWrongDude wrote:Harden was amazing at it and Embiid is as well. I’ll probably get some hate for this but Kawhi is a great undercover flopper because he does it more discreetly.

I've been hoping that Tatum would adopt Kawhi's lead here, where he doesn't usually physically flop but yells out in agony as he tries to finish the shot. Great way to "flop" without actually flopping
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,048

Post#155 » by garrick » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:21 pm

AD tonight fell on the floor like 10 times and got to the free throw line a ton while the Suns only went to the line 5 times vs the Lakers 35.

Once you get to a near MVP level you get a ton of favorable calls so you just need to flail your arms and fall down a lot and the refs will reward it.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,905

Post#156 » by Duffman100 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:30 pm

SFour wrote:did you not watch the Sixers in the previous playoffs? what Embiid is doing is nothing new....add Harden on top of that and they are one of the least likable teams in the NBA

Maxey is the only likable guy on that team

I really do like Maxey. Like his game and he just seems like a super nice guy. No flopping, hard worker...
AbeVigodaLive
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,450

Post#157 » by AbeVigodaLive » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:27 pm

AmIWrongDude wrote:Time and time again the NBA shows that they aren’t against flopping and instead actually REWARD it.

When I say “flopping” I don’t even mean the egregious ones. What has a larger negative impact on the game are the players that make it a huge part of their game to hunt for fouls instead of actually trying to score.

Harden was amazing at it and Embiid is as well. I’ll probably get some hate for this but Kawhi is a great undercover flopper because he does it more discreetly.

What I don’t understand is how refs let it happen and even encourage it. You would think, if anything, they would be biased against those types of players because they make them look bad and can review film.

I don’t think it compares to soccer though. Seems like every player does it and it’s an actual strategy to waste time, get subs in, etc.

Kyle Lowry is a bore to watch. His game has obviously slipped a bit.

But the antics have not. It's really egregious that officials still fall for his flopping gimmicks multiple times EVERY game.

Eventually, you'd think they'd feel sorta dumb after having to explain during video sessions how they fell for being duped by him for the same thing for the 30th time.

"Oops?"
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#158 » by eyeatoma » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:37 pm

Cubbies2120 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
WiggOuts wrote:

3. You hear whistle

3. 1 + 2 are both true

The hoops you had to jump through to justify why it was wrong are hilarious. Nothing needs this much detective work.
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,887

Post#159 » by Tony15 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:04 pm

Reckless falling aside, Embiid is taking advantage of the way the game is officiated these days. The aim of the game is to win, and while him and Harden flopping all over the place is shameful and pathetic....it wins them regular season games. Can't fault them, but you can fault the officials for rewarding it and the league for advocating it by doing nothing to dissuade players from doing so. As for his antics as it relates to the players around him.....I don't know what the league can do other than heavy fines/suspensions.

Compared to the late 90s/early-mid 2000s, I'm not consuming the NBA with the same level of fervor for this exact reason.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,537

Post#160 » by ForeverTFC » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:17 am

eyeatoma wrote:
WiggOuts wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Embiid can be reckless, he's not inherently dirty.

Your devotion to Embiid and the mental gymnastics you go through to defend him when he's one of the dirtiest and most dangerous player in the NBA is something else man.

Return to The General Board