Embiid's antics have gone too far. NBA needs to stop him.

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

MambaVenom24
Sophomore
And1: 118

Re: Embiid's antics have gone too far. NBA needs to stop him. 

Post#201 » by MambaVenom24 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:21 am

Honestly if this isn't a suspension I don't know what is anymore.

It is done clearly with malicious intent, and it is not even his sole thug act in the game, just wild !

It is one of the most dangerous and stupid things he could have done, a cheap shot that could have put the knicks player career in serious jeopardy, he doesn't have any time to adjust his landing because he is so close to the ground, and also his landing is all messed up because embiid is dragging him over his body .

he was LUCKY , VERY LUCKY he didn't roll anything or maybe any funny leverages/levers ( english not my first language)
Dubious Handles
Sixth Man
And1: 3,972

Post#202 » by Dubious Handles » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:36 am

I like how every postseason Philly faces another team where the fans of said team get to witness first hand how playing Embiid is like. He is a dirty and dangerous flopper who falls and flails at every possession on offense and sometimes on defense as well.
Raptors fans can write a doctoral thesis about the guy, add the C's and now the Knicks to the list :lol:
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,111

Post#203 » by Lockdown504090 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:08 am

MambaVenom24 wrote:Honestly if this isn't a suspension I don't know what is anymore.

It is done clearly with malicious intent, and it is not even his sole thug act in the game, just wild !

It is one of the most dangerous and stupid things he could have done, a cheap shot that could have put the knicks player career in serious jeopardy, he doesn't have any time to adjust his landing because he is so close to the ground, and also his landing is all messed up because embiid is dragging him over his body .

he was LUCKY , VERY LUCKY he didn't roll anything or maybe any funny leverages/levers ( english not my first language)

Why is this a suspension for you? He did grab his leg, making it a flagrant one, and it was dangerous, all flagrant fouls are unnecessary and dangerous. What makes this one in particular rise to the level of an ejection or suspension when you watch just this play? What’s the extra part of it for you? Nobody was hurt on this. It is Dirty play. But why a flagrant 2?
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 5,969

Post#204 » by Exp0sed » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:16 am

Lockdown504090 wrote:
MambaVenom24 wrote:Honestly if this isn't a suspension I don't know what is anymore.

Why is this a suspension for you? He did grab his leg, making it a flagrant one, and it was dangerous, all flagrant fouls are unnecessary and dangerous. What makes this one in particular rise to the level of an ejection or suspension when you watch just this play? What’s the extra part of it for you? Nobody was hurt on this. It is Dirty play. But why a flagrant 2?

nobody was hurt? r u serious? :crazy:

first of all it doesn't matter who gets hurt or not it's the intent and the play itself
secondly, mitch DID get hurt. tried to keep playing limping around (for real, not like Joe L) and eventually had to sit out, I wouldn't be surprised if he'll miss game 4

this is the easiest ejection I can think of, it's an extremely dangerous play with malicious, unsportstman like intent

can u imagine in a league where they give flagrants and ejections for "wind up" and incidental contact to say..head and neck area, that you would actually let a star Center who took himself out of the play by falling down, grab the legs of a jumping lumbering Center? that's insane

Embiid is a loser and a dirty player but that's how losers do..they can't win on merit so their resort to cheating, abusing the rules and making dirty plays
MambaVenom24
Sophomore
And1: 118

Post#205 » by MambaVenom24 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:20 am

Lockdown504090 wrote:

Because it is career threathening, thinking of other type of flagrants you see out there, someone goes hard and gets banged up in the head, not great I'll admit it , see divicenzo taking one in the head, but not career threathening, he falls to the ground it ends there, other example you push someone from behind while in air, he stumbles its bad but he has time to correct and adjust the landing.

What I am trying to say it's this one while it may not look dangerous it is by far the most riskier because the receiver of the hit doesn't have time to adjust the landing and in the way that embiid is dragging him it is limiting that precious landing zone even more so it is very fortunate the leg wasn't caught at a more weird angle. He drags him the whole time. Very bush league stuff.
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 5,969

Post#206 » by Exp0sed » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:28 am

MambaVenom24 wrote:
Lockdown504090 wrote:

Because it is career threathening, thinking of other type of flagrants you see out there, someone goes hard and gets banged up in the head, not great I'll admit it , see divicenzo taking one in the head, but not career threathening, he falls to the ground it ends there, other example you push someone from behind while in air, he stumbles its bad but he has time to correct and adjust the landing.

What I am trying to say it's this one while it may not look dangerous it is by far the most riskier because the receiver of the hit doesn't have time to adjust the landing and in the way that embiid is dragging him it is limiting that precious landing zone even more so it is very fortunate the leg wasn't caught at a more weird angle. He drags him the whole time. Very bush league stuff.

100%

he doesn't just drag him down using his hands he also purposely turned his body at a slight angle a second before the grab, so's that Mitch would trip over Embiid's legs when he goes down

it's so incredibly dangerous that even if a player somehow does it by accident, u still have to eject him in order to deter such plays. Embiid did it with 100% intention, that's the easiest ejection all season

Mitch was taking Rebs out of his hands thru 2.5 games, like taking candy from a baby
he had like 7 yesterday in 12 mins lol, Embiid had less than that in lie 40 mins of game 1

shameful by Embiid and shameful from the refs, I don't care what this clown calls himself, how much money he makes or how much he likes to cry - that's an ejection, as easy they come. playoffs or not.

If Embiid cares so much about this game and not going down 0-3, he shouldn't be grabbing players,dragging them down etc.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,911

Post#207 » by Duffman100 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:40 am

Every single year.
Lockdown504090
RealGM

Post#208 » by Lockdown504090 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:40 am

MambaVenom24 wrote:
Lockdown504090 wrote:

To me it’s similar to this play, which was called a flagrant 2
https://youtu.be/uUa3c5T6Nug?si=SE3sDK61fGJDYEcr

I feel like because of the force and the aftermath, it was assessed a flagrant two. The official could immediately see what happened to Gary.

I agree with what people are saying about what could have happened, but If Robinson was hurt on this play I immediately and significantly, I wonder if the call would have been different. I don’t think the officials are afraid to eject embiid, I just question if they had enough to do so. Flagrant 2s, from the ones I’ve watched, have more force behind them usually
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#209 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:44 am

Duffman100 wrote:Every single year.
Naaaw Pascal was dirty as **** too. He even swept Embiids leg plus the whirling dervish elbow into his face . Maybe it's a Cameroonian thing.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
ChuckyFE
Junior
And1: 414

Post#210 » by ChuckyFE » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:50 am

Lockdown504090 wrote:Why is this a suspension for you? He did grab his leg, making it a flagrant one, and it was dangerous, all flagrant fouls are unnecessary and dangerous. What makes this one in particular rise to the level of an ejection or suspension when you watch just this play? What’s the extra part of it for you? Nobody was hurt on this. It is Dirty play. But why a flagrant 2?

The real question is, if this wasn't deserving of a flagrant 2, then what is?? The most vulnerable a person is, is when they leave their feet. And for someone to make a non-basketball play on someone off their feet, it doesn't get much worse than that.
DUHON to others as they DUHON to you.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#211 » by Duffman100 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:52 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Naaaw Pascal was dirty as **** too. He even swept Embiids leg plus the whirling dervish elbow into his face . Maybe it's a Cameroonian thing.

1 dirty pascal play = 50 of Embiids.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#212 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:53 am

Duffman100 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

He's clumsy not dirty. Although I agree this was dirty.

Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#213 » by Duffman100 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:57 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Naaaw Pascal was dirty as **** too. He even swept Embiids leg plus the whirling dervish elbow into his face . Maybe it's a Cameroonian thing.

You’ve said this exact line to me a half dozen times.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#214 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:58 am

Duffman100 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:

You’ve said this exact line to me a half dozen times.
Because it's true.

nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,878

Post#215 » by nikster » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:59 am

eyeatoma wrote:

This Robinson play was way more dangerous and Embiid has a way longer history of this play. You can't say "every single year" about Siakam like you can Joel
kveble
Ballboy
And1: 53

Post#216 » by kveble » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:59 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Duffman100 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Naaaw Pascal was dirty as **** too. He even swept Embiids leg plus the whirling dervish elbow into his face . Maybe it's a Cameroonian thing.

If he was actually clumsy, he wouldn't be one of the best basketball players in the world. He's just dirty and reckless.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#217 » by eyeatoma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:02 am

nikster wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

This Robinson play was way more dangerous and Embiid has a way longer history of this play. You can't say "every single year" about Siakam like you can Joel
You also can't say every single year with Embiid.

Lockdown504090
RealGM

Post#218 » by Lockdown504090 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:52 am

ChuckyFE wrote:
Lockdown504090 wrote:Why is this a suspension for you? He did grab his leg, making it a flagrant one, and it was dangerous, all flagrant fouls are unnecessary and dangerous. What makes this one in particular rise to the level of an ejection or suspension when you watch just this play? What’s the extra part of it for you? Nobody was hurt on this. It is Dirty play. But why a flagrant 2?

The real question is, if this wasn't deserving of a flagrant 2, then what is?? The most vulnerable a person is, is when they leave their feet. And for someone to make a non-basketball play on someone off their feet, it doesn't get much worse than that.

Look at some flagrant 2s and spot differences and see what you come up with
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,493

Post#219 » by cgf » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:56 am

Can you imagine Philly fans' reaction to someone doing to Embiid what he did to RobinHart after the way they had a collective meltdown over the end of game 2? :lol:
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,898

Post#220 » by Quattro » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:13 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
nikster wrote:

You also can't say every single year with Embiid.

:lol:

Not if you're a 76ers fan I guess

Return to The General Board