Shams: Lakers, Jazz, T-Wolves Agree on Deal that will send Westbrook to Utah, D-Lo to Lakers, Conley to Wolves

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Who wins this trade?

Lakers
70%
Jazz
15%
T-Wolves
14%

Total votes: 271

Hugi Mancura
Sixth Man
And1: 1,105

Re: Shams: Lakers, Jazz, T-Wolves Agree on Deal that will send Westbrook to Utah, D-Lo to Lakers, Conley to Wolves 

Post#601 » by Hugi Mancura » Thu Feb 9, 2023 10:18 am

baldur wrote:
Hugi Mancura wrote:Honestly, this is best you get for Conley, Beasley, Vanderbilt, NAW and two second round picks? A pick which might end up being later than the picks you conveyed.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ainge somehow will be hired as Lakers GM in next summer, cause that is the only way this trade makes any sense from Utah's point of view.

Vanderbilt is overrated.
Naw might be out of league and nobody will miss him.
Conley is 35 years old, can play on a rotation level one or two more years.
Beasley is problematic, crackhead, role player.

What were you expecting?
Stop overrating role players.

Even if that is true, why give up two picks for a pick that might be later than both of those picks?
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,251

Re: Shams: Lakers, Jazz, T-Wolves Agree on Deal that will send Westbrook to Utah, D-Lo to Lakers, Conley to Wolves 

Post#602 » by durden_tyler » Thu Feb 9, 2023 10:21 am

The trade was more for Minnesota in giving the keys to Edwards than anything they got back in the trade. Conley, while old, is the perfect point guard alongside their young star. You'd see improvement from Gobert too, now with a real court general.
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,492

Post#603 » by baldur » Thu Feb 9, 2023 10:24 am

Hugi Mancura wrote:
baldur wrote:
Hugi Mancura wrote:Honestly, this is best you get for Conley, Beasley, Vanderbilt, NAW and two second round picks? A pick which might end up being later than the picks you conveyed.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ainge somehow will be hired as Lakers GM in next summer, cause that is the only way this trade makes any sense from Utah's point of view.

Vanderbilt is overrated.
Naw might be out of league and nobody will miss him.
Conley is 35 years old, can play on a rotation level one or two more years.
Beasley is problematic, crackhead, role player.

What were you expecting?
Stop overrating role players.

Even if that is true, why give up two picks for a pick that might be later than both of those picks?

Even if lakers would have the worst record, there will be 50 percent of chances that it is going to be convey as the 4th pick to the jazz. So it's almost going to be a first rounder for the jazz. Chances are slim to zero that it will be falling in the top 4 pick and convey as a second rounder. Even so it's gonna be between 31st and 34th picks, so still it's likely it's better than the one the jazz gave away.
C3H6N6O6
Analyst
And1: 3,910

Post#604 » by C3H6N6O6 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 10:27 am

People have started overrating players because some journalists love them for the 20 mins they play for a team that has no pressure to win.
I'll be impressed if D-Lo continues to play like he has been for the past month. Lakers are 13th in the West and way more people pay attention to them than the Timberwolves.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,266

Post#605 » by John Murdoch » Thu Feb 9, 2023 10:44 am

We reset our middle class of role players and contracts while simultaneasly hurting our direct opponent for the playin. No more stars and scrubs in vet mins. Lets build solidlyfrom here on out we have a nice young core even beyond the LeBron era now Max, Austin, Vando, Rui , Malik all keepers . Ty Pelinka for ending the nightmare..now Darvin needs to reallyyy pull his head out od his ass and show hes more than just a player coach...X's and omO's and realtime adjustments are critical bud
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,266

Post#606 » by John Murdoch » Thu Feb 9, 2023 11:37 am

nzahir wrote:
John Murdoch wrote:
MadNESS wrote:
That’s why I think another deal (or 2) is coming tomorrow

Pat Bev + Lonnie + 1st for GTJ

Pass

Need to keep that 1st honestly if no steal here

We will have 2023, 2029, 2026 swap, 28 swap, 4 2nds, Christie, Reaves and contracts

After this KD trade, we will need to make another move likely to compete

Fine with sending 1-2 2nds for a guy, but can't give up a 1st here tbh

Fair enough

Couple small deals i like

JRich for Pat Bev /two 2nds

Lonnie for Caleb Martin

Oubre , Plumlee, and PJ Washington for PatBev + Lonnie + 1st

PatBev + Lonnie + 1st for Lue Dort

PatBev + Lonnie + two 2nds for LeVert

PatBev + Lonnie + Wenyen + 1st for John Collins

PatBev + Lonnie + 1st for Bogdonovich
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,030

Post#607 » by JN61 » Thu Feb 9, 2023 12:41 pm

nzahir wrote:
timO wrote:Russ haters Will cry, he ringchase while LeBron completes another awful Lakers season.

Please tell me how the last 8 years have gone for Russ when it came to winning please

Russ in a small bench role for 10-20 min with spacing can do some decent stuff, albeit an awful defender who will also take dumb shots and make some awful TOs

But he cant play in the 4th Q for sure or versus a high iq defensive team

In the past 2 years Lakers record when they sit Westbrook down the stretch is something like 1-10. Yikes.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
Wile E. Coyote
Lead Assistant
And1: 961

Post#608 » by Wile E. Coyote » Thu Feb 9, 2023 12:45 pm

Slava wrote:
timO wrote:Russ haters Will cry, he ringchase while LeBron completes another awful Lakers season.

Yeah he's going to ring chase, like Wile E. Coyote chasing the road runner.

Beep beep!
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,718

Post#609 » by Froob » Thu Feb 9, 2023 1:21 pm

Great trade for the Lake show, but not sure this even guarantees they'll be a playoff team.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,982

Post#610 » by Liam_Gallagher » Thu Feb 9, 2023 1:23 pm

It's a bittersweet day as a Laker fan. On one end we really improved but on the other end it might not matter because they've blown so many opportunities to be a playoff team.
yitur
Sixth Man
And1: 859

Post#611 » by yitur » Thu Feb 9, 2023 4:13 pm

Froob wrote:Great trade for the Lake show, but not sure this even guarantees they'll be a playoff team.

Yeah it might be a too little too late. If we made this trade a month or so ago, I would be thrilled as a fan. But this will only push us to playin range and that's if team stays healthy.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,853

Post#612 » by thinktank » Thu Feb 9, 2023 5:10 pm

I just read that Conley is +10 per 100 with Gobert and DLo was -1.

Doubling our assist to turnover ratio next to Ant should help us measurably.
“Tatum is garbage.” “Tatum is literally dogcrap.” -The Corey’s
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,715

Post#613 » by Capn'O » Thu Feb 9, 2023 5:18 pm

I like this deal for the Wolves a lot.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Amare_1_Knicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,312

Post#615 » by Amare_1_Knicks » Thu Feb 9, 2023 6:05 pm

I’m not convinced of D’Angelo’s ability to be a consistently additive player. I would’ve felt better getting Conley, if I were a Lakers fan.
Ito
General Manager
And1: 808

Post#616 » by Ito » Thu Feb 9, 2023 6:44 pm

I guess it's a better fit for the Lakers since Bron and AD can jus straight lead now as the clear go to options but D Lo is not an improvement from Westbrook.. how you complain bout Westbrook's antics but go after D Lo.. he's worse at whatever you may have been tryna blame Westbrook from doin.. without the triple double threat and being able to take over games.. this makes them worse on paper is like they never even had Westbrook in that roster should had flipped him for something better.. seems like they surrounding Bron with a bunch of knuckleheads Pat Bev, now D Lo instead of building a championship roster with solid pieces
heezyo2o
Starter
And1: 1,271

Post#617 » by heezyo2o » Thu Feb 9, 2023 8:27 pm

I've always been a dlo fan, but I don't think this helps them win a championship. If they waited this long, then might as well and try to sign Kyrie in the summer.

In the least, it gives the Lakers something trade later down the road like what the warriors did
Ambrose
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,497

Post#618 » by Ambrose » Thu Feb 9, 2023 8:45 pm

JN61 wrote:
nzahir wrote:

Please tell me how the last 8 years have gone for Russ when it came to winning please

Russ in a small bench role for 10-20 min with spacing can do some decent stuff, albeit an awful defender who will also take dumb shots and make some awful TOs

But he cant play in the 4th Q for sure or versus a high iq defensive team

In the past 2 years Lakers record when they sit Westbrook down the stretch is something like 1-10. Yikes.

Lakers when Westbrook starts: 31-50

Lakers when Westbrook comes off the bench: 25-24

Yikes.
ShootersShoot
Sixth Man
And1: 1,319

Post#619 » by ShootersShoot » Thu Feb 9, 2023 9:48 pm

Love Mike but isnt this a downgrade for the wolves? DLo was averaging a career high 60% TS and seemed like he was coming into his own as a complimentary scorer to Edwards.
heezyo2o
Starter
And1: 1,271

Re: Shams: Lakers, Jazz, T-Wolves in Discussions on Deal that would send Westbrook to Utah, D-Lo to Lakers, Conley to Wo 

Post#620 » by heezyo2o » Thu Feb 9, 2023 9:53 pm

dockingsched wrote:
HMFFL wrote:Remember why Magic Johnson had to trade D’Angelo Russell?

In his most recent tell-all with Stephen A. Smith, Johnson said that after Russell infamously recorded teammate Young talking about cheating on his then-fiancee Iggy Azalea:

“I knew we had to get him out.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nothinbutnets.com/2019/06/05/brooklyn-nets-magic-johnson-dangelo-russell/amp/

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Well, a more accurate description is that trading Russell allowed them to dump Mozgov. This created the cap needed to sign Lebron.

They should have let Dlo and lonzo play next to each other before deciding. Forget what team, but they didn't have much trouble trading Mozgov about year later

Return to The General Board