Does anyone even stand a hope against the Nuggets next year?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Stan
Sixth Man
And1: 2,479

Re: Does anyone even stand a hope against the Nuggets next year? 

Post#141 » by Stan » Mon Sep 4, 2023 8:10 pm

You're talking about them like they're the KD Warriors, of COURSE teams "stand a chance" against them. What an absolutely ridiculous question :lol:
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,796

Post#142 » by michaelm » Mon Sep 4, 2023 10:44 pm

BelgradeNugget wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:
BelgradeNugget wrote:
I focused on top 2 players on contenders because they are the biggest difference makers. And I stand by what I said, this is a season with no (or at least the least) WHAT IFs in a long time

- Embiid was there for 6 games out of 7 and the one he missed 76ers won, so he really was no factor
- Giannis was there for the last two games, score was 0-2 in those games. They had home court advantage. The only game they won was without him. Good teams can come back from 1-2. Nuggets come from being down 1-3 twice in the same playoffs. It would be different if they lost him for the series after few games then opponent can turn series around, but they get him back to change series and he couldn't. And every time you think of Milwaukee losing to Miami 1-4 think of Nuggets running through the same Miami team 4-1

Both the Lakers and Suns come to play against the Nuggets on top of they games. They were never better teams in a season, not in one moment.
- Suns come to play Nuggets after beating Clippers easily, they were favorites by a lot of people, and *puff* Nuggets run through them, wasn't close
- Lakers were full of themselves after beating Memphis and GSW, LeBron had crew filming "Last Dance 2" with him, and it took 3 quarters of game 1 to see who is who on the court.

- :lol: Naz Reid wouldn't even play because in the playoffs teams shorten rotation and their 3 best bigs were KAT, Gobert and SloMo. Is McDaniels a difference between losing in the 1st round easily and winning it all?

- So? Did he broke his wrist and couldn't play. Warriors were who they were in the playoffs last year, they were better then in regular season because they got Wiggins back and couldn't get through Lakers. So WHAT IF they somehow got through to play Nuggets in WCF. We all know the answer. NO WHAT IFs

One more thing regarding small nagging injuries. Every team/player has it. Jokic started playoffs with injured wrist on shooting hand (Minnesota series and first game of Suns series, it was tightly taped you can see it on highlights), but they still won it.

Here is one thing. You can see how dominant was one teams playoffs run, and where the other teams see them compared to champions based on (desperate) moves they make next season. After Nuggets lost in the playoffs last two seasons they didn't make any desperate moves, they traded they 5th-6th best players for 5th best KCP. Moves around the edges because they believed healthy they can win it all. Same with Milwaukee after losing last year. They waited for Middleton and Lopez to be healthy. GSW didn't do anything for few years, waited for health. Same as Boston...

After this season Boston traded Smart (soul of their team) for Porzingis (no NY, Dallas or Was fan would want him back). Desperate move. Milwaukee fired coach that won them championship two years earlier. 76ers...no comment. Suns before trade for Beal wanted to cut CP3 to free some money on his unguaranteed contract to try to improve, because they weren't good enough. GSW traded Pool who was important peace of their championship run because with their current roster (chemistry) they weren't good enough. Memphis let Brooks go for nothing not wanting to see him ever again. This moves tells you everything you want to know how these teams see themselves compared to champions.

Now, next season is next season, you never know...

Talk about being drunk on your first championship -- total one sided homer analysis.

I gave you facts and analysis. You gave me what? What of your questions I didn't answer. If you want better answers ask better questions, but you can't because ALL THE BEST TEAMS WERE AT THEIR BEST IN THE PLAYOFFS, except maybe 76ers who missed Embiid for 1 game out of 7 as you smartly noticed.

Denver were absolutely deserved and dominant title winners, and now they have shown they can be a strong defensive team with Jokic on the floor will be hard to beat going forward. It is hard to dispute Jokic is the best player in the game in particular, the only doubt about him was whether he could be targeted successfully on defense in the play-offs, to which the answer was a fairly resounding no with a healthy well constructed team around him.

Not that it is or was any problem of Denver’s, but I don’t share your certainty all opponents were the best they could possibly be. KD joined the Suns late in the season after an injury riddled season prior to doing so, and Giannis is the whole Bucks team, and him being injured or coming off injury is a huge thing for them, as it would be for Denver if Jokic was in a similar situation. I would still back a healthy Denver against either a healthy Suns or a healthy Bucks, particularly the Bucks who have an aging team which is not well constructed in the first place Imo, but Denver against the entire field is more difficult.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,172

Post#143 » by DonaldSanders » Mon Sep 4, 2023 10:57 pm

BelgradeNugget wrote:I gave you facts and analysis. You gave me what? What of your questions I didn't answer. If you want better answers ask better questions, but you can't because ALL THE BEST TEAMS WERE AT THEIR BEST IN THE PLAYOFFS, except maybe 76ers who missed Embiid for 1 game out of 7 as you smartly noticed.

All the best teams were not at their best for the playoffs. That statement shows how absurdly biased you have become.
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,533

Post#144 » by Cubbies2120 » Mon Sep 4, 2023 11:00 pm

JayMKE wrote:
Sgt Major wrote:
JayMKE wrote:
Whats not true?

If you think Denver is cakewalking then you are delusional, whats the record of the best team they played in the playoffs last year? They're not a super team by any stretch and if Jokic slips and falls on his butt during playoff time then Denver is screwed. Not even a hot take you sensitive ninnies.

You're one of the posters who have been diminishing what Nuggets and Jokic are doing for years, I guess because you think Giannis is a better player. Truth is, the Nuggets had a dominant run because their leader is the best player on the planet, far above everyone else, and the team is a well-oiled machine that will stomp every single team in their sight.

So basically you & the other fanboys don't disagree or find anything false in what I'm saying you're just triggered by my team okay, non-arguments like this is why everybody finds you guys so insufferable. Don't bother replying if you're not going to take proposition asked in the thread seriously, this is a discussion forum & we already know what team & player you like.

By seeding sure, but let's not forget that the team that made the Finals absolutely demolished Giannis and the Bucks in an embarrassing 1st round L for the Bucks...

The Nuggets were not losing to anyone this year. Funny what happens when MVP - level Jokic isn't having to play with his #2 and #3 in suits...dominant playoff run of 16-4...
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,854

Post#145 » by Beethoven » Tue Sep 5, 2023 12:34 am

Ugh nuggets won't be back again. Sorry.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Onlytimewilltel
Veteran
And1: 3,472

Post#146 » by Onlytimewilltel » Tue Sep 5, 2023 1:11 am

Only Jesus the lord and savior!
BelgradeNugget
Veteran
And1: 3,004

Post#147 » by BelgradeNugget » Tue Sep 5, 2023 6:57 am

DonaldSanders wrote:
BelgradeNugget wrote:I gave you facts and analysis. You gave me what? What of your questions I didn't answer. If you want better answers ask better questions, but you can't because ALL THE BEST TEAMS WERE AT THEIR BEST IN THE PLAYOFFS, except maybe 76ers who missed Embiid for 1 game out of 7 as you smartly noticed.

All the best teams were not at their best for the playoffs. That statement shows how absurdly biased you have become.

Calling me biased again? It just shows the level of your intelligence if you can't make valid argument and this is the best you can do. So, stop quoting me and post your "toughs" for others to comment. Good luck
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,172

Post#148 » by DonaldSanders » Tue Sep 5, 2023 7:36 am

BelgradeNugget wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:

Calling me biased again? It just shows the level of your intelligence if you can't make valid argument and this is the best you can do. So, stop quoting me and post your "toughs" for others to comment. Good luck

I mean it's factual they weren't all at their best, so you are actually objectively wrong.
MileHighBasket
Ballboy
And1: 60

Post#149 » by MileHighBasket » Tue Sep 5, 2023 8:34 am

I could see my Nuggets run it back this season. They're young and just getting into their prime, hungry as ever and they now know what it takes at the biggest stage. Malone is always gonna find an angle to engage the mental aspect and Jokic will keep the players locked in come crunch time.

As long as they stay healthy, they will be tough to beat.
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,229

Post#150 » by Edrees » Tue Sep 5, 2023 9:04 am

nikster wrote:
Lost Angel wrote:the Nuggets are awfully proud of sweeping a team that was together for only a few months…

no chance that happens again, Lakers in 6 this time around.

Lakers fans still reveling in their moral victory :lol:

Nuggets fans better enjoy the next 6 or 7 months. you'll be reveling in it for years to come because that's the only one you'll get. You guys act like teams can't get better or worse each season. Nuggets got worse and the rest of the league got better.

I'm taking the field over the Nuggets who are the favorite but not enough to take over the field

RRFB wrote:Yeah I’m surprised how quickly people have forgotten just how dominant Denver was in the playoffs. Apart from two all-time great shooting performances from Devin Booker, Denver was never even tested. They were so clearly the best team and it wasn’t close. That’s not hyperbole.

They’re bringing back the best starting lineup in the league, they have the best player in the world, and arguably the best duo. Obviously repeating a title is extremely difficult/unlikely but it shouldn’t be hard to see why many consider them the favorite.

the "favorite" is very different from saying nobody else has a chance. Nobody is disputing the former, only the latter. If the bucks and nuggeste face in the finals, I could say nuggets have a 51% chance of winning they series and thus they are the favorite.
BelgradeNugget
Veteran
And1: 3,004

Post#151 » by BelgradeNugget » Tue Sep 5, 2023 10:58 am

DonaldSanders wrote:
BelgradeNugget wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:

I mean it's factual they weren't all at their best, so you are actually objectively wrong.

Ha, ha you still can't understand (not your fault, nature), never mind :D
ChuckChilly
Veteran
And1: 2,706

Post#152 » by ChuckChilly » Tue Sep 5, 2023 5:44 pm

If MPJ can play 75% of the season and at least 75% of his potential, the Nuggets can run it back.
Dick Tate
Veteran
And1: 1,911

Post#153 » by Dick Tate » Tue Sep 5, 2023 6:02 pm

Posting a trash talk jinx thread on Sept 1st? Seems a little early.
bubonicphoniks
Bench Warmer
And1: 929

Post#154 » by bubonicphoniks » Tue Sep 5, 2023 6:06 pm

CpttCanada wrote:And before you just got swept Lakers fans jump in, just stop. We don't want to hear it, you aren't part of this conversation. Everyone knows nothing is happening there. But does any team actually stand a chance? The real teams who could take them in a year or two aren't ready yet. Am I wrong here?
Yes they do.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,739

Post#155 » by RHODEY » Tue Sep 5, 2023 7:16 pm

facothomas22 wrote:Teams like the Suns, Clippers(if healthy),Celtics, Bucks, and Heat(if they get Damian Lillard) all could beat the Nuggets in a playoff series.

The Heat also lost key depth, I don't see them getting past the 2nd round.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,739

Post#156 » by RHODEY » Tue Sep 5, 2023 7:27 pm

I think next season isn't going to going how many predict. Mainly because the best players on a lot of these teams are getting really old and or very injury prone. All 3 Cali teams, Milwaukee, Boston is ****** if KP isn't healthy, because the can't rely on Williams and no Smart. Other teams will emerge in both conferences in my opinion.
SK21209
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,882

Post#157 » by SK21209 » Tue Sep 5, 2023 7:43 pm

I think the Nuggets are going to be absolutely rock solid every year for the next like 5 years, but never so overwhelming from a talent perspective that you would take them over the field. Very Duncan Spurs like.
AleksandarN
Head Coach
And1: 8,145

Post#158 » by AleksandarN » Tue Sep 5, 2023 8:47 pm

jkvonny wrote:I could see the Phoenix Suns, LA Clips, Sac Kings, LA Lakers, Minn TWolves, Memphis Griz, Milw Bucks, Boston Celtics, Miami Heat (if they get Dame) have a chance against Denver Nuggets. Especially Phoenix Suns and Minn TWolves.

Again why the clippers? In the last 3 seasons what gives you any Indication that they would win against the Nuggets
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,812

Post#159 » by RoyceDa59 » Tue Sep 5, 2023 11:56 pm

Gusto1903 wrote:
JayMKE wrote:Nuggets had the easiest path to an NBA championship since like the 50s and there was like 8 teams then, of course its not going to be easy especially when they're entirely dependent on one player.

Easiest path how?

He’s probably referring to having to beat, in order, an 8th seed, 4th seed, 7th seed and 8th seed to win it all.
Go Raps!!
cjx
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,549

Post#160 » by cjx » Wed Sep 6, 2023 3:44 am

My sources tell me that Kelly P Oubre Jr could be the Nuggets' new 6th man, following in Bruce BB Gun Brown's footsteps :lol:
Take a couple of minutes and check out this comic book, my friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/574101710/the-assemblage-issue-1a-courage-and-no-more-crises

Return to The General Board