Anthony Edwards is not "That guy."

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

Tempe
Junior
And1: 529

Re: Anthony Edwards is not "That guy." 

Post#81 » by Tempe » Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:49 pm

hardenASG13 wrote:
Trey24 wrote:This thread should be entitled "Tyrese Haliburton is not that guy".

Because Ant was very clearly and most consistently the best player on the US and Haliburton, who this board said was the best player from the 2020 draft class less than 6 weeks ago, did not look the part and made several defensive errors and poor efforts in the Germany game and others as well.

So I would say that 22 year old Anthony Edwards definitely has all the makings of "that guy".

With that being said, Wolves needs to get rid of one of Towns or Gobert, and Towns seems most likely.

Haliburton looked awfully scared at the end of the Bronze game today, after falling on his face last game in a big moment. This board won't criticize him though, they elevate him all the time despite proving nothing and the kings being much better since trading him. Meanwhile Edwards was the best player on team USA and you get threads like this.

Halliburton is the most overrated player on this board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,394

Post#82 » by Statlanta » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:00 pm

Ironically he has more alpha tendencies then all of the players who’ve played for the Timberwolves since Kevin Garnett. I thought that was the reason pundits like Bill Simmons we’re saying trade Towns and build around Edwards
Read on Twitter
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,573

Re: Anthony Edwards is not 

Post#83 » by DarkXaero » Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:07 pm

Karate Diop wrote:
hardenASG13 wrote:
Sgt Major wrote:What a chucker

Someone had to shoot. Wasn't going to be Haliburton, he was too busy crapping his pants.

Listen I love Any, but mans was freezing out Bridges all tournament. Pass the ball bruh.
Wolves fans get upset when you say this to them. A player can score the ball well/efficiently, and still be partially responsible for the team's inability to outscore the other team. Yes, defense/rebounding were main culprits but offensively, Ant's high usage, chucking tendencies were also a problem throughout.
AbeVigodaLive
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,470

Post#84 » by AbeVigodaLive » Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:57 pm

Classic message board tactic in the OP:

- "I'm going to take a hard, aggressive contrarian take, and if by small chance I'm proven right in a few years... I'll have had this thread bookmarked and ready to go!"

- "If I'm wrong... meh... aint nobody going to remember this and bring it up."

[Note: But kudos for doubling down on comparing Edwards to Towns and Gobert for even bigger impact.]
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,215

Post#85 » by Klomp » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:24 pm

Memories wrote:Ant will be another guy who will put up big numbers on a bad team. Ironically, like Kevin Love did for the Wolves. But not exactly a guy who can carry a team to title contention as a number 1 option.

His style of basketball doesn't contribute to winning basketball.

How many seasons did Kevin Love lead Minnesota to the playoffs?
Check that, how many seasons did Kevin Love lead Minnesota to a winning season?

Call it a low bar all you want (we all know that it is), but Edwards and Towns are the only players not named Kevin Garnett to lead the Timberwolves to the playoffs twice. Not Love, not Wiggins, not Butler.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,556

Post#86 » by ibraheim718 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:11 am

Ouch not a good look at all.
Mephariel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,675

Post#87 » by Mephariel » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:13 am

This is why you don't make absolute predictions on a 22 year old growing star.

Return to The General Board