Bigger star in Colorado right now, Jokic or Deion Sanders ?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Biggest sports star in Colorado at the moment ?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:53 am

Nikola Jokic
41%
Deion Sanders
59%

Total votes: 145

NotaHypeJob
Sixth Man
And1: 2,251

Re: Bigger star in Colorado right now, Jokic or Deion Sanders ? 

Post#321 » by NotaHypeJob » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:36 pm

MavsDirk41 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:It would be Jokic if he gave two **** about being a star.

Sanders wants the spotlight. Joker wants to do his job and go home.

Read the topic bro.

Nobody asked who's the homebody.

It's who is the bigger star and the answer is clearly Prime.

Ole prime is eating some humble pie today….Joker isnt flashy, doesnt want to talk to the media, doesnt want all of the endorsements, doesnt want to team up with other star players, but he is already one of the top 50 greatest players to ever play and he is still getting better. This guy still gets slept on.

Jokic does not bring the hoes out and he never will
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,377

Post#322 » by D.Brasco » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:50 pm

NotaHypeJob wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Read the topic bro.

Ole prime is eating some humble pie today….Joker isnt flashy, doesnt want to talk to the media, doesnt want all of the endorsements, doesnt want to team up with other star players, but he is already one of the top 50 greatest players to ever play and he is still getting better. This guy still gets slept on.

Jokic does not bring the hoes out and he never will

He brings the horses out

DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,633

Post#323 » by DimesandKnicks » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:06 pm

MavsDirk41 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:

Read the topic bro.

And that’s why I’m willing to bet the the NBA finals last game got viewer viewers than Colorado vs Colorado st. Some of you are literally highlighting why prime is a bigger star. Not having charisma isn’t somehow an asset.

MavsDirk41
Analyst
And1: 2,454

Post#324 » by MavsDirk41 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:18 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:Read the topic bro.

how is deion eating humble pie? he's never taken shots at the other team's coach, always gave respect to opponents even if they the ones taking shots at him. it seems like you guys are upset he's exceeded expectations.

Your opinion and thats ok. I do think Colorado got a little cocky and it came from Prime. Thats just who he is.
JustLucky
Rookie
And1: 711

Post#325 » by JustLucky » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:22 pm

wait a minor league football coach is more popular then jokic? I cant

how is deion jr 5 foot 6?
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,906

Post#326 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:25 pm

MavsDirk41 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

how is deion eating humble pie? he's never taken shots at the other team's coach, always gave respect to opponents even if they the ones taking shots at him. it seems like you guys are upset he's exceeded expectations.

Your opinion and thats ok. I do think Colorado got a little cocky and it came from Prime. Thats just who he is.

Im curious, what made you think he was acting cocky?
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,431

Post#327 » by Cubbies2120 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:34 pm

Deion right now is in the news / "a bigger star" than any NBA player.

Better comparison would be "Who is a bigger star right now - Deion or Messi", since they're both doing a similar thing - moving to a terrible team and igniting an unprecedented media storm for their respective teams.
MavsDirk41
Analyst
And1: 2,454

Post#328 » by MavsDirk41 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:40 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:how is deion eating humble pie? he's never taken shots at the other team's coach, always gave respect to opponents even if they the ones taking shots at him. it seems like you guys are upset he's exceeded expectations.

Maybe i should have phrased it Colorado got a little cocky. They were the talk of college fooltball the last couple weeks. Prime has always been very boisterous as well.
makubesu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,795

Post#329 » by makubesu » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:47 pm

I’m looking forward to the movie version. Nothing could be more inspiring. A coach comes in to a run down program, full of plucky guys not hitting their potential. They just need a leader to unite them and teach them life lessons. Sanders proceeds to use his media connections and fame to replace them with new guys. It’s going well, but just as we reach the 2/3rds mark of the movie, a crushing loss leaves him down. But don’t worry, one inspiring chat from a manic pixie dream girl or a magical negro character gets prime time back. We cut to him giving a rousing speech, to the University president to make sure they spend more money recruiting new players, exploiting his star power and the three game win streak against mediocre competition. I’m sure we will all cry watching this classic American story about great coaching.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,788

Post#330 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:40 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:

Read the topic bro.

3-1 in his 1st season yet he's eating humble pie.smh

Stop talking football bro. This isn't Madden. This real life.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,788

Post#331 » by JustBuzzin » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:43 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

If that is just who he is why are you making a big deal out of it?

This is when you get called out for being a hater.

Oh prime has always been this way. Yet you're acting like he hasn't always been this way. Make up your mind.
nzd07
Junior
And1: 302

Post#332 » by nzd07 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:32 am

CobraCommander wrote:
nzd07 wrote:They'll get killed the next couple of games and Shadeur will be a bust at the NFL level. This whole thing screams BBB to me lol.

So BBB produced two NBA stars....neither were objectively bust by any standard....

Lonzo has been an nba starting point guard since 2017...barring injury he would still be a starting point. There were better players in the draft but Lonzo a legit starter and not a bust.

LeMelo was rookie of the year then an Allstar the following year? Clearly must see tv and no way a bust

BBB produced 2 NBA starters in 4 years >....not bad for any player development program

..I would say If Shadeur is the starting QB for as many years as the ball brothers have been in the league that would be an amazing accomplishment. Shadeur just Led a 98 year drive and 2 point conversion with the game on the line on national tv In a rivalry game after leading the team down the field in the first game of the year in the 4th quarter to go ahead and beat the team that was just in the title game last year...Shadeur just pulled off two Brady like improbable comebacks in college...he isn’t nfl ready now but you already got the kid an NFL bust when he showed poise on the highest level he is eligible to play on? He more than like likely loses the next two but damn son...dude is a college kid

Fishing for and 1's yet I was right. Logic prevails as usual.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,684

Post#333 » by Crunch 99 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:19 pm

I don't look at the annihilation by Oregon as reason for Deion to be humbled. Deion has well-earned swagger and flash. As player, he backed up his swagger with play on the field. And as coach, he's raised Colorado's recruiting profile.

If anyone should be embarrassed by the 42-6 loss to Oregon and the likely rout from USC Saturday, it is the ESPN hype machine, who wrongly made Colorado the biggest story in college football.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,036

Post#334 » by CobraCommander » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:13 am

nzd07 wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
nzd07 wrote:They'll get killed the next couple of games and Shadeur will be a bust at the NFL level. This whole thing screams BBB to me lol.

So BBB produced two NBA stars....neither were objectively bust by any standard....

Lonzo has been an nba starting point guard since 2017...barring injury he would still be a starting point. There were better players in the draft but Lonzo a legit starter and not a bust.

LeMelo was rookie of the year then an Allstar the following year? Clearly must see tv and no way a bust

BBB produced 2 NBA starters in 4 years >....not bad for any player development program

..I would say If Shadeur is the starting QB for as many years as the ball brothers have been in the league that would be an amazing accomplishment. Shadeur just Led a 98 year drive and 2 point conversion with the game on the line on national tv In a rivalry game after leading the team down the field in the first game of the year in the 4th quarter to go ahead and beat the team that was just in the title game last year...Shadeur just pulled off two Brady like improbable comebacks in college...he isn’t nfl ready now but you already got the kid an NFL bust when he showed poise on the highest level he is eligible to play on? He more than like likely loses the next two but damn son...dude is a college kid

Fishing for and 1's yet I was right. Logic prevails as usual.

What logic?

You don’t get it clearly....BBB put two guys in the NBA...name the program you affiliated to so we can count your NBA players. One of those guys didn’t play a minute of college ball and wasn’t considered a “jump straight to the nba talent” coming out of highschool...again you don’t get how much BBB did for their family and how unlikely it is to get two guys to the league....Lavar was annoying as hell...but he was effective whether you like it or not

On to Prime...

If Prime son goes from a HBCU to Colorado and plays as well in the nfl as the ball brothers in the nba , then Deion will have done an amazing job for his son.

Also

https://www.axios.com/2023/09/23/deion-sanders-coach-prime-business-colorado

prime has generated so much more money for CU than then last guy, that you can’t even compare BBB to Prime because Prime has move the needle for a university and all the small businesses in the town...

Either way...I see guys with post like yours and I can guarantee you always were in the stands and never on the field, court or stage...if you were you would KNOW HOW HARD it is to move up the ranks and even do this at the D1 level let alone play in the NBA...your disrespect of what the Ball brothers have accomplished is telling...

Everyone knew Nike University was gonna beat the breaks off CU...no one was surprised...especially not me. That’s not a shot at Prime or CU...Nike U is just an amazing program -
GeorgeSears
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,397

Post#335 » by GeorgeSears » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:31 am

Colorado is a state where there's a general apathy towards sports. It's not like Ohio, and most of the Midwest, where sports are viewed as an escape for people. Football is by default the biggest sporting event in town, but there's just a lot of things to do in Colorado. If you live in a state that's blessed with so much natural wonder, it's a shame not to take advantage of it. It's probably the best state (outside of California) for the following: fishing, hiking, skiing, hunting, kayaking etc. Great weather year round (minus some snow fall in the Winter).

The Nuggets are a nice story, but they'll never the biggest attraction in town. The Rockies are just embarrassing. People go to Rockies games when they have absolutely nothing to do.
KodiakBear
Sixth Man
And1: 2,042

Post#336 » by KodiakBear » Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:12 am

Who's a bigger star in Oregon right now; Dan Lanning or Damian Lillard?
MrGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,341

Post#337 » by MrGoat » Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:32 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

Maybe i should have phrased it Colorado got a little cocky. They were the talk of college fooltball the last couple weeks. Prime has always been very boisterous as well.

Well, they did have a lot to be cocky about. They had tripled their win total from last season in their first three games. The Pac 12 is looking strong this year so they're going to have more losses coming but it would still be quite a story if they finished 7-5 or 6-6 to become bowl eligible after last season.
KodiakBear
Sixth Man
And1: 2,042

Post#338 » by KodiakBear » Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:44 am

MrGoat wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Im curious, what made you think he was acting cocky?

Well, they did have a lot to be cocky about. They had tripled their win total from last season in their first three games. The Pac 12 is looking strong this year so they're going to have more losses coming but it would still be quite a story if they finished 7-5 or 6-6 to become bowl eligible after last season.

Yeah Colorado making a bowl this year is a massive win for their program. It will also be a major win for whatever minor bowl they get in. The Tony The Tiger Sun Bowl usually doesn't get much attention outside of the fans of the teams in it, but with Colorado in it, it will get huge ratings.
DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,633

Post#339 » by DimesandKnicks » Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:12 am

JustLucky wrote:wait a minor league football coach is more popular then jokic? I cant

how is deion jr 5 foot 6?

The nuggets game clinching finals win garnered 13 million viewers. Colorado’s second game (against Colorado State) drew 9 million.
CP3nthusiast
Junior
And1: 202

Post#340 » by CP3nthusiast » Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:50 am

I think Jokic is all too happy to let Deion be the center of attention in Colorado.

Return to The General Board