How long before the Rockets move on from Jalen Green

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,785

Re: How long before the Rockets move on from Jalen Green 

Post#141 » by Ayt » Fri Mar 1, 2024 1:13 pm

QingJames wrote:Looks like the Udoka and the Rockets FO have finally acknowledged what RealGMers who drool over athleticism can’t seem to: Green is really bad. Sending him to the bench is a tacit admission that they made a really bad pick, but it’s good that they’re doing what’s right for the team. I imagine they try to trick some dumb GM into giving up anything of value for him this summer before that draft equity sheen has dissipated from him completely. He is well on track to becoming Jordan Clarkson with hops, worse shot selection, and somehow worse defensive awareness and ability.

Did you confuse him with Jeff Green? Jalen is still starting.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,503

Post#142 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:56 pm

jasonxxx102 wrote:These posts always make me chuckle.

Green has shot over 40% just twice in the last 10 games.

Like yea let’s ignore his entire season of being terrible, he played well for 5 games! lol

Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,371

Post#143 » by Spider156 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:07 pm

Special_Puppy wrote:
God Squad wrote:I'm not sure he's top 7 in a redraft.

Mobley+Barnes+Wagner+Sengun+Murphy+Grimes all comfortably go over him

Cade is better than all these guys but no mention. The only player that can run an NBA offense on every NBA team. Not mentioned. His teammate who has been HOT GARBAGE for the Pistons gets named. Not only that but Suggs is better than Grimes too, no mention. It goes to show you what national media is doing to these players. Just in the summer literally every rookie bowed down to Cade running Team Select’s offense. Barnes didn’t do that, not Mobley not Sengun Wagner, none of them. None of them can do it beside Sengun imo.
Defense wins championships
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#144 » by God Squad » Mon Apr 1, 2024 12:23 pm

Spider156 wrote:
Special_Puppy wrote:
God Squad wrote:I'm not sure he's top 7 in a redraft.

Cade is better than all these guys but no mention. The only player that can run an NBA offense on every NBA team. Not mentioned. His teammate who has been HOT GARBAGE for the Pistons gets named. Not only that but Suggs is better than Grimes too, no mention. It goes to show you what national media is doing to these players. Just in the summer literally every rookie bowed down to Cade running Team Select’s offense. Barnes didn’t do that, not Mobley not Sengun Wagner, none of them. None of them can do it beside Sengun imo.

Yeah, he's delusional to think frickin' Grimes would be drafted before Cade. With that said, even me saying "I'm not sure he's top 7 in a redraft" aged terribly. But credit to Green for playing himself into a position to be considered. I still think Cade doesn't go #1 in a redraft, but time will tell.
Spider156
Head Coach
And1: 1,371

Post#145 » by Spider156 » Mon Apr 1, 2024 7:20 pm

God Squad wrote:
Spider156 wrote:
Special_Puppy wrote:

Yeah, he's delusional to think frickin' Grimes would be drafted before Cade. With that said, even me saying "I'm not sure he's top 7 in a redraft" aged terribly. But credit to Green for playing himself into a position to be considered. I still think Cade doesn't go #1 in a redraft, but time will tell.

I feel bad for Cade. The organization is garbage top to bottom. Owner won’t sell after fans yelled at him. Weaver not fired after a record bad season. Teammates are all young and inexperienced and have never won anything. It’s really bad. Just a matter of time before Cade asks for a trade.
Defense wins championships
jasonxxx102
Veteran
And1: 2,723

Post#146 » by jasonxxx102 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:48 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
jasonxxx102 wrote:These posts always make me chuckle.

Green has shot over 40% just twice in the last 10 games.

Like yea let’s ignore his entire season of being terrible, he played well for 5 games! lol

Well in the last 10 games of the season he shot a scorching 39% from the field!
The-Stallion70
Rookie
And1: 402

Post#147 » by The-Stallion70 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:33 am

Green seems like Lavine.

Can score, doesn't really do anything else at a high level.
thelead wrote:I have a memory like an elephant.

Return to The General Board