What Does Curry have to Do to Pass LeBron All-Time?

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,351

Re: What Does Curry have to Do to Pass LeBron All-Time? 

Post#261 » by zimpy27 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:26 pm

MacGill wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
MacGill wrote:
Who said I have a problem? And why do you keep evading 'what actually happened' with this pointless narrative?

You stated it was the feather in his cap, and I stated that it sure is easier to pluck that feather when you have 3 of the best on your team in their primes. And while we all knew back then that it was conspired, it has now been confirmed. Then in the next sentence you state his organization caused him to leave, which is incorrect. He left because he didn't think he could win but also knew that Clev would never get Wade/Bosh to join him. He had already made the finals prior to leaving Clev. and when he had full creative control, it still didn't work out the way he wanted it to and left again.

You're the one that focused on the player only being a top 10 player.

Players change teams all the time. You seem to think it's extraordinary because LeBron was top 10.

So I wonder why you feel like a player being good should give them less rights?

Okay, I'm not interested in having to go into the Matrix to have this conversation with you. I do understand why you continue to dodge the question and provide a more 'pro rights' narrative to support your position. But I will say, it's nothing that I would be bragging about in terms of legacy for how it was achieved and now that the blue print has been created it will most likely be easily eclisped by current stars in the near future.

Can you not see that it's you who is dodging the question?
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,689

Post#262 » by Bergmaniac » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:30 pm

These threads are always good for a laugh, the mental gymnastics of the LeBron haters never fail to amuse me.
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,859

Post#263 » by Marrrcuss » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:50 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

Yeah, while I am pretty certain that Cleveland would have loved to keep Wiggins, Lebron did not want to play with a rookie. And they weren’t going to compete with Wiggins in his first year.

I agree 100%

Unfortunately for the both of you, facts do not care about your feelings.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2133479-how-can-cleveland-cavaliers-survive-trading-andrew-wiggins.amp.html

Again, at the time, the cavaliers did not want to trade Wiggins. This is a well known fact by people who were following the cavaliers closely at the time.

It is also a well known fact that LeBron did not contact Love until AFTER he returned to Cleveland.

MAVSDirk24, the only liar here is you. You said LeBron returned to Cleveland partially because of the Kevin Love situation. I have facts on my side that demonstrate that Love wasn’t even part of the equation at that point. It’s exactly like the time you claimed LeBron recruited Bosh to Miami, even though Bosh joined Miami first and LeBron was the one who tried to get Bosh to come to Cleveland, NOT Miami (and then you still pushed that narrative even after I and another poster gave you proof that was false). Or that time you tried to claim Drew Gooden averaged 14 PPG for five straight seasons and even had the audacity to tell me to “look it up”.

At this point it’s become pathetic. At least be willing to admit you’re full of **** so I don’t have to keep proving it myself. You’re only making it worse for yourself, I would hope you’d at least be smart enough to realize that. I mean hell, I even had enough decency to admit to being wrong about who called who… have enough character to do that yourself.

Geezus, u came in here and ended all the filthy lies. Whats worse, they did even have enough integrity to acknowledge your post, LOLOL
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,861

Post#264 » by SkyBill40 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:03 pm

Bergmaniac wrote:These threads are always good for a laugh, the mental gymnastics of the LeBron haters never fail to amuse me.
The mental gymnastics are amusing. Period. Doesn't matter if it's fanbois or haterz. It's just comical.

Sent from my [Samsung Z4 Fold] using RealGM mobile app
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,726

Post#265 » by infinite11285 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:07 pm

MacGill wrote:Can't be bothered to drop to your 'almighty' level here so again, I'll just ask the same question and please read it slower this time and take as much time as you need.

I don't care for your blatant and unnecessary disrespect so our discourse will end here, as it’s no longer going to result in a productive conversation.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,768

Post#266 » by nzahir » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:11 pm

WarriorGM wrote:
nzahir wrote:Lets keep it simple

Mvps: 4 to 2
Fmvps: 4 to 1
All NBA: 19 to 9

Let alone the eye test

Curry is great when his team is great and loaded and there isn't a real challenge

They won in 2015 due to playing a depleted Cavs team out 2 all stars

They blew it in 2016

They then won 2 rings with KD. No adversity, nothing to overcome. 4 all stars, 2 with mvps in their primes, great spacing and solid role guys

They lost in 2019 in a moment where he could have done something great and overcome the odds. Also had a shot in game 6 to win it

The 2022 ring is finally a good accomplishment. Nothing crazy to get there as they beat an injured Denver and Memphis team and the Suns choked to the Mavs. Curry was very impressive in the finals, probably his best accomplishment. But a young boston team isn't a world beater either. Tatum was horrible and Brown turned it over any time he dribbled to his left

MVPs, FMVPs and All-NBAs? All opinions. But let's convert the opinion to actual results shall we?

By my count Curry beat a player selected to the First Team All-NBA in a playoffs series 13 times.

LeBron? 5 times.

Ya nobody is going to respond to someone who cant accept facts

Facts are Lebron has those awards, even if you dislike the "opinions" (which are based off of numbers, team perfromance, and some eye test)

The reason why Curry doesnt have more than 1 fmvp is because he and Draymond cried like **** bitches to go get a top 3 player, arguably the #2 guy in the league, after already going 73-9 the year before

Also he was getting outplayed by Delly in 2 games and didn't play up to his own standards overall
Johnny Tomala
Veteran
And1: 2,121

Post#267 » by Johnny Tomala » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:12 pm

Nothing. He will never be better than LBJ at basketball.
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,842

Post#268 » by Nate505 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:13 pm

I don't think he can. Ok, maybe if he led the current Warriors to a 3 peat or something absurd, but outside of that, it's clear that LeBron is the better player.
Kingdibs19
Starter
And1: 3,678

Post#269 » by Kingdibs19 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:14 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

Yeah, while I am pretty certain that Cleveland would have loved to keep Wiggins, Lebron did not want to play with a rookie. And they weren’t going to compete with Wiggins in his first year.

I agree 100%

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2133479-how-can-cleveland-cavaliers-survive-trading-andrew-wiggins.amp.html

Again, at the time, the cavaliers did not want to trade Wiggins. This is a well known fact by people who were following the cavaliers closely at the time.

It is also a well known fact that LeBron did not contact Love until AFTER he returned to Cleveland.

MAVSDirk24, the only liar here is you. You said LeBron returned to Cleveland partially because of the Kevin Love situation. I have facts on my side that demonstrate that Love wasn’t even part of the equation at that point. It’s exactly like the time you claimed LeBron recruited Bosh to Miami, even though Bosh joined Miami first and LeBron was the one who tried to get Bosh to come to Cleveland, NOT Miami (and then you still pushed that narrative even after I and another poster gave you proof that was false). Or that time you tried to claim Drew Gooden averaged 14 PPG for five straight seasons and even had the audacity to tell me to “look it up”.

At this point it’s become pathetic. At least be willing to admit you’re full of **** so I don’t have to keep proving it myself. You’re only making it worse for yourself, I would hope you’d at least be smart enough to realize that. I mean hell, I even had enough decency to admit to being wrong about who called who… have enough character to do that yourself.

Lol MavsDirk is in every Lebron thread spreading lies. His wife probably has a crush on Lebron so he spends his free time on forums making up lies about a man that has no idea of his existence, sad way to spend a short life.
KembaWalker wrote:If you think you need a gun to answer the door, you probably shouldn’t answer the door. Call the police

Re: innocent ex military Roger Fortson gunned down by police at his own house
Iwasawitness
Veteran
And1: 3,187

Post#270 » by Iwasawitness » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:05 pm

Marrrcuss wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

I agree 100%

Geezus, u came in here and ended all the filthy lies. Whats worse, they did even have enough integrity to acknowledge your post, LOLOL

It's what MavsDirk does. The moment you hit him with cold hard facts, he runs away. It's all he's good at.

More fun facts to state, from David Blatt himself when he became their coach:

""There's no reason or cause for worry on his part because Andrew's not going anywhere, as far as I know and as far as the club has expressed," head coach David Blatt told reporters after a Cavaliers practice, via ESPN.com. And he can't go anywhere, as that would set Cleveland back rather significantly. "

But yeah... Cleveland always planned on trading Wiggins :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kingdibs19 wrote:Lol MavsDirk is in every Lebron thread spreading lies. His wife probably has a crush on Lebron so he spends his free time on forums making up lies about a man that has no idea of his existence, sad way to spend a short life.

You should check out the greatest player of all time thread. It's quite a doozey there.
xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:NBA: Stop kicking, punching, choking, and stomping on people.

Draymond: This is too much, I quit!
MavsDirk41
Analyst
And1: 2,559

Post#271 » by MavsDirk41 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:34 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:
Rainwater wrote:

I agree 100%

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/11203427/kevin-love-intrigued-commit-cleveland-cavaliers

MAVSDirk41, the only liar here is you. You said LeBron returned to Cleveland partially because of the Kevin Love situation. I have facts on my side that demonstrate that Love wasn’t even part of the equation at that point. It’s exactly like the time you claimed LeBron recruited Bosh to Miami, even though Bosh joined Miami first and LeBron was the one who tried to get Bosh to come to Cleveland, NOT Miami (and then you still pushed that narrative even after I and another poster gave you proof that was false). Or that time you tried to claim Drew Gooden averaged 14 PPG for five straight seasons and even had the audacity to tell me to “look it up”.

Lol if you dont think that one of the reasons James went to Cleveland was so that he could have them trade that top pick for an all star i dont know what to tell you. He most certainly had the idea of creating another big 3 with him, Irving, and the all star player they would acquire with that pick. Why in the world do you think he was recruiting Kevin Love? As soon as he went to Cleveland that pick was being shopped. He had no plans on waiting to see if Wiggins was going to pan out.

As far as Miami, they all three talked about teaming up at some point. James leaves Cleveland and what do you know, not 1, not 2, not 3……you actually dont think they all talked before Bosh signed?

I dont see what your celebrating here lol. He absolutely knew what he was doing both times. He was a part of putting together two big 3s. To say otherwise is ridiculous.
MavsDirk41
Analyst

Post#272 » by MavsDirk41 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:37 pm

Kingdibs19 wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:

I agree 100%

Lol MavsDirk is in every Lebron thread spreading lies. His wife probably has a crush on Lebron so he spends his free time on forums making up lies about a man that has no idea of his existence, sad way to spend a short life.

What lies little dibs?
NbaAllDay
Sixth Man
And1: 1,745

Post#273 » by NbaAllDay » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:51 pm

Stop digging, the hole is big enough.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,144

Post#274 » by shrink » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:59 pm

Rainwater wrote:
HEAT33 wrote:If Curry wins another ring this year, I will put him ahead of Lebron.
If he wins a ring, it would be
1. MJ
2. Kareem
3. Wilt
4. Curry
5. Lebron

I just don't know how people come to the conclusion that Curry is anywhere near Lebron or even in the top 10 in players. Other then shooting there is absolutely nothing that indicates that curry is better than Lebron. Better defender, better rebounder, better playmaker, better floor riser, more points, more assets, more all star appearances, more MVP shares. Lebron has literally outplayed Steph every time they have played. If Durant never joined the Warriors Cleveland could have beat the warrior at least one more time. I just don't understand the argument for Curry over Lebron. Lebron is just better.

I agree. There are many qualities LeBron dominates Curry simply from his size, that Steph can’t compete with.

The only path for Curry to be in a conversation with LeBron would be to pass him in rings. To me, that would mean he’d have to copy LeBron and request a trade to make a good team an NBA Champ. I don’t think he’ll do that - at least not soon enough for it to matter.
Iwasawitness
Veteran

Post#275 » by Iwasawitness » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:06 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:Lol if you dont think that one of the reasons James went to Cleveland was so that he could have them trade that top pick for an all star i dont know what to tell you. He most certainly had the idea of creating another big 3 with him, Irving, and the all star player they would acquire with that pick. Why in the world do you think he was recruiting Kevin Love? As soon as he went to Cleveland that pick was being shopped. He had no plans on waiting to see if Wiggins was going to pan out.

LeBron himself admitted that he wasn't expecting Cleveland to be a title contender straight out the gate. Of course he was going to make calls to other players. Why wouldn't he? He wanted to bring a championship to the franchise, you're damn right he's going to try to recruit other players.

The problem is that you're suggesting LeBron planned this out all along. That couldn't be further from the truth. LeBron made no such phone call until after he decided he was going home to Cleveland. There was nothing set in stone. That call to Kevin Love wasn't a guarantee to work. And given that every attempt he made to try to get people to come to Cleveland the first time blew up spectacularly in his face, I'm willing to bet that he didn't even expect Kevin to say yes.

Thing is, that last thing is just speculation on my part, but so is what you're saying. Suggesting that James had every intention to have Wiggins traded when he got there is speculation. And the funny thing is, there is nothing, and I mean literally NOTHING out there that suggests that LeBron EVER was in favor of Wiggins being traded. It's funny how that works... it's almost like LeBron had nothing to do with it. I mean maybe he did but guess what? We have nothing to go off to suggest that's a fact. In other words, you're basically just talking out of your ass and expecting us to take your word for it. That's not going to happen.

Here are facts that we do have...

LeBron returned to Cleveland. After that, he called Kevin Love and Kevin said he would be more than happy to join him in Cleveland. LeBron made this information known to the Cavaliers and they made immediate attempts to acquire his services. They made an offer, Minnesota said "nah mate we want Wiggins", and Cleveland said no. And when it became clear that no package they gave would satisfy them without Wiggins being involved, Cleveland told James they were moving on.

Then, a few weeks passed by, and reports came out stating that Cleveland was planning on waiting until next year, free up as much cap space as possible, and they would then bring in Kevin Love via free agency (this would have been made possible by the salary cap increase that happened). But then reports were coming out stating that Minnesota was planning to aggressively shop Love to other teams. Cleveland worried they wouldn't be able to get him if he found a more suitable team to play with, so they ultimately decided to take the risk and trade for him.

In other words, Wiggins being traded was not a factor at all in LeBron returning to Cleveland. You are full of ****.

MavsDirk41 wrote:As far as Miami, they all three talked about teaming up at some point. James leaves Cleveland and what do you know, not 1, not 2, not 3……you actually dont think they all talked before Bosh signed?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know what part of this you aren't getting. LeBron didn't want Bosh to go to Miami. He wanted him to go to Cleveland. Then Bosh said nah mate and went to Miami.

There for... LeBron did not recruit Bosh to Miami.

I really can't understand what part of that you aren't getting. I can't help but wonder what the process of explaining basic math to you must be like.

MavsDirk41 wrote:I dont see what your celebrating here lol. He absolutely knew what he was doing both times. He was a part of putting together two big 3s. To say otherwise is ridiculous.

The only thing here that is ridiculous is that you are continue to push narratives that are very easy to debunk by doing a simple google search. As the other poster said, you seem to really love going to other threads and spreading obvious lies about the man. I can't imagine someone having such a hate boner for a player that they would spend their free time doing that.

But what I will celebrate is the fact that you trying to force feed your agenda again is, just like in the other thread, blowing up in your face. It's truly a site to behold.

MavsDirk41
Analyst

Post#276 » by MavsDirk41 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:48 am

Iwasawitness wrote:
MavsDirk41 wrote:Lol if you dont think that one of the reasons James went to Cleveland was so that he could have them trade that top pick for an all star i dont know what to tell you. He most certainly had the idea of creating another big 3 with him, Irving, and the all star player they would acquire with that pick. Why in the world do you think he was recruiting Kevin Love? As soon as he went to Cleveland that pick was being shopped. He had no plans on waiting to see if Wiggins was going to pan out.

LeBron himself admitted that he wasn't expecting Cleveland to be a title contender straight out the gate. Of course he was going to make calls to other players. Why wouldn't he? He wanted to bring a championship to the franchise, you're damn right he's going to try to recruit other players.

The problem is that you're suggesting LeBron planned this out all along. That couldn't be further from the truth. LeBron made no such phone call until after he decided he was going home to Cleveland. There was nothing set in stone. That call to Kevin Love wasn't a guarantee to work. And given that every attempt he made to try to get people to come to Cleveland the first time blew up spectacularly in his face, I'm willing to bet that he didn't even expect Kevin to say yes.

Thing is, that last thing is just speculation on my part, but so is what you're saying. Suggesting that James had every intention to have Wiggins traded when he got there is speculation. And the funny thing is, there is nothing, and I mean literally NOTHING out there that suggests that LeBron EVER was in favor of Wiggins being traded. It's funny how that works... it's almost like LeBron had nothing to do with it. I mean maybe he did but guess what? We have nothing to go off to suggest that's a fact. In other words, you're basically just talking out of your ass and expecting us to take your word for it. That's not going to happen.

Here are facts that we do have...

LeBron returned to Cleveland. After that, he called Kevin Love and Kevin said he would be more than happy to join him in Cleveland. LeBron made this information known to the Cavaliers and they made immediate attempts to acquire his services. They made an offer, Minnesota said "nah mate we want Wiggins", and Cleveland said no. And when it became clear that no package they gave would satisfy them without Wiggins being involved, Cleveland told James they were moving on.

Then, a few weeks passed by, and reports came out stating that Cleveland was planning on waiting until next year, free up as much cap space as possible, and they would then bring in Kevin Love via free agency (this would have been made possible by the salary cap increase that happened). But then reports were coming out stating that Minnesota was planning to aggressively shop Love to other teams. Cleveland worried they wouldn't be able to get him if he found a more suitable team to play with, so they ultimately decided to take the risk and trade for him.

In other words, Wiggins being traded was not a factor at all in LeBron returning to Cleveland. You are full of ****.

MavsDirk41 wrote:As far as Miami, they all three talked about teaming up at some point. James leaves Cleveland and what do you know, not 1, not 2, not 3……you actually dont think they all talked before Bosh signed?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know what part of this you aren't getting. LeBron didn't want Bosh to go to Miami. He wanted him to go to Cleveland. Then Bosh said nah mate and went to Miami.

There for... LeBron did not recruit Bosh to Miami.

I really can't understand what part of that you aren't getting. I can't help but wonder what the process of explaining basic math to you must be like.

MavsDirk41 wrote:I dont see what your celebrating here lol. He absolutely knew what he was doing both times. He was a part of putting together two big 3s. To say otherwise is ridiculous.

The only thing here that is ridiculous is that you are continue to push narratives that are very easy to debunk by doing a simple google search. As the other poster said, you seem to really love going to other threads and spreading obvious lies about the man. I can't imagine someone having such a hate boner for a player that they would spend their free time doing that.

But what I will celebrate is the fact that you trying to force feed your agenda again is, just like in the other thread, blowing up in your face. It's truly a site to behold.

As soon as he signed with Cleveland there was speculation about Cleveland trading that pick for a win now player who would be a better fit with James and Irving. I never said a deal was completed before he signed, i simply said he recruited Love and imo the pick was shopped to see what they could get for a trade. Do i think he wanted Cleveland to trade that pick? Yea, absolutely. Is there proof that he did or didnt? I never said he wasnt going to sign unless Wiggins was traded. I said imo he wanted Cleveland to trade the pick for a proven player .its all speculation but he called Love and a trade eventually made. What are we arguing about?

If i said James recruited Bosh to Miami ok i was wrong, but they all talked about teaming up and they did. Who was the mastermind? Who knows! But they all ended up playing together to form a big 3….spin it how you want, say it was Wades idea, or Bosh, who cares? They teamed up to form a superteam.

I can just imagine you in your parents basement getting all butt hurt when someone calls out your little hero for teaming up with a bunch of other star players. Hate boner lol? Coming from a guy who has to make excuses for another grown man? Pretty sad man
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,697

Post#277 » by WarriorGM » Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:05 am

nzahir wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:
nzahir wrote:Lets keep it simple

Mvps: 4 to 2
Fmvps: 4 to 1
All NBA: 19 to 9

Let alone the eye test

Curry is great when his team is great and loaded and there isn't a real challenge

They won in 2015 due to playing a depleted Cavs team out 2 all stars

They blew it in 2016

They then won 2 rings with KD. No adversity, nothing to overcome. 4 all stars, 2 with mvps in their primes, great spacing and solid role guys

They lost in 2019 in a moment where he could have done something great and overcome the odds. Also had a shot in game 6 to win it

The 2022 ring is finally a good accomplishment. Nothing crazy to get there as they beat an injured Denver and Memphis team and the Suns choked to the Mavs. Curry was very impressive in the finals, probably his best accomplishment. But a young boston team isn't a world beater either. Tatum was horrible and Brown turned it over any time he dribbled to his left

MVPs, FMVPs and All-NBAs? All opinions. But let's convert the opinion to actual results shall we?

By my count Curry beat a player selected to the First Team All-NBA in a playoffs series 13 times.

LeBron? 5 times.

Ya nobody is going to respond to someone who cant accept facts

Facts are Lebron has those awards, even if you dislike the "opinions" (which are based off of numbers, team perfromance, and some eye test)

The reason why Curry doesnt have more than 1 fmvp is because he and Draymond cried like **** bitches to go get a top 3 player, arguably the #2 guy in the league, after already going 73-9 the year before

Also he was getting outplayed by Delly in 2 games and didn't play up to his own standards overall

And yet here you are responding.

The fact of the matter is that the awards that the NBA churns out are superfluous to the game itself. They are mainly there for marketing purposes. If all the NBA awards were ended, the game would still remain and one could still determine who the best player is because it is the game that is essential. Curry has 4 championships same as LeBron. Then there are the wins records. How the awards can come to a lopsided verdict based on that and expect to be taken seriously I don't know but if you wish to take them seriously that's your prerogative. But to my eye based on the essentials Curry has a superior case and I have explained why. You are free to explain why you think LeBron has a better case but if all you can do is cite other people's opinions then forgive me for thinking you really don't know why aside from your impression "Delly outplayed Curry for two games".
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,833

Post#278 » by Rainwater » Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:14 am

WarriorGM wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
HEAT33 wrote:
Curry is a better playmakers, ball handler, shooter and better winner.

Lebron is a stat padder, just like Westbrick.

Steph has won all his rings on his team, Lebron had to ring chase to get rings, Steph has also beaten Lebron in the finals 15-7

Rings are a team accomplishment not an individual achievement. Winning a ring just means you had a better team not necessarily that you are a better player.

Every time curry played Lebron, Lebron was clearly the best player on the court. Just because Lebron played with lesser talent shouldn’t penalize Lebron as a player, the logic makes no sense. Just the mere fact that Lebron took some of those teams to the finals is an accomplishment in itself.

And how is Lebron only a stat padder if actually wins games and titles.

And curry is not the better playmaker, lol. He is not even the best playmaker on his own team.

We are talking about NBA basketball are we not? The major team sport where stars probably have the most influence on the results? While strictly speaking winning a ring doesn't necessarily mean the star on the winning team was a better player, it most certainly is an indication of it. Now let's take into account further that the player involved is not only winning championships with his team, he is also setting records with it. This is an indication of an extreme outlier at work.

When you say that LeBron was clearly the best player on the court you are making an assumption. When you say that Curry had better teammates you are making another assumption. What is the evidence that LeBron was the best player on the court? The box scores? The losses he had suggest otherwise. That's because of Curry's teammates you say? How do we know it's not really Curry?

LeBron had his superteams with players who were more established but even Curry's 2015 team was by many metrics more notable (67-wins, top ten all-time elo rating) than any of LeBron's much less the teams with KD. It is easy to come up with reasonable explanations why that was the case. Curry is a more efficient scorer and doesn't dominate the ball. That allows his teammates to get better opportunities. Why should such a team empowering effect be overlooked? It shouldn't and that's why many people will say giving an FMVP to a player on the losing team no matter how impressive his boxscore numbers are is dumb.

Curry being as successful as he is on a team known for its beautiful and distinctive play undercuts your statement. If you don't think Curry is the most vital initiator of plays on the Warriors then maybe we should question your ability to understand what you are watching.

Honestly, i stopped reading your stuff awhile ago because it’s just not logical. Sorry.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,697

Post#279 » by WarriorGM » Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:20 am

Rainwater wrote:
WarriorGM wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
Rings are a team accomplishment not an individual achievement. Winning a ring just means you had a better team not necessarily that you are a better player.

Every time curry played Lebron, Lebron was clearly the best player on the court. Just because Lebron played with lesser talent shouldn’t penalize Lebron as a player, the logic makes no sense. Just the mere fact that Lebron took some of those teams to the finals is an accomplishment in itself.

And how is Lebron only a stat padder if actually wins games and titles.

And curry is not the better playmaker, lol. He is not even the best playmaker on his own team.

We are talking about NBA basketball are we not? The major team sport where stars probably have the most influence on the results? While strictly speaking winning a ring doesn't necessarily mean the star on the winning team was a better player, it most certainly is an indication of it. Now let's take into account further that the player involved is not only winning championships with his team, he is also setting records with it. This is an indication of an extreme outlier at work.

When you say that LeBron was clearly the best player on the court you are making an assumption. When you say that Curry had better teammates you are making another assumption. What is the evidence that LeBron was the best player on the court? The box scores? The losses he had suggest otherwise. That's because of Curry's teammates you say? How do we know it's not really Curry?

LeBron had his superteams with players who were more established but even Curry's 2015 team was by many metrics more notable (67-wins, top ten all-time elo rating) than any of LeBron's much less the teams with KD. It is easy to come up with reasonable explanations why that was the case. Curry is a more efficient scorer and doesn't dominate the ball. That allows his teammates to get better opportunities. Why should such a team empowering effect be overlooked? It shouldn't and that's why many people will say giving an FMVP to a player on the losing team no matter how impressive his boxscore numbers are is dumb.

Curry being as successful as he is on a team known for its beautiful and distinctive play undercuts your statement. If you don't think Curry is the most vital initiator of plays on the Warriors then maybe we should question your ability to understand what you are watching.

Honestly, i stopped reading your stuff awhile because it’s not logical. Sorry.

Then stop responding. This thread is unlikely to miss your input if you're the type of person who knows what is stated is logical or not despite not having read it.
Iwasawitness
Veteran

Post#280 » by Iwasawitness » Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:29 am

MavsDirk41 wrote:As soon as he signed with Cleveland there was speculation about Cleveland trading that pick for a win now player who would be a better fit with James and Irving. I never said a deal was completed before he signed, i simply said he recruited Love and imo the pick was shopped to see what they could get for a trade. Do i think he wanted Cleveland to trade that pick? Yea, absolutely. Is there proof that he did or didnt? I never said he wasnt going to sign unless Wiggins was traded. I said imo he wanted Cleveland to trade the pick for a proven player .its all speculation but he called Love and a trade eventually made. What are we arguing about?

Jesus dude. Now you're going to try to backtrack?

It didnt have anything to do with Wade only playing 53 regular season games that last year James spent in Miami and Wade struggling in the finals? Or Cleveland having a 22 year old all star guard and having a draft pick that they were willing to trade for a 26 year old all star power forward?

This is what you said. You are very clearly stating that LeBron would not have gone to Cleveland had it not been for Cleveland being willing to depart with said draft pick. And thanks to the sequence of events that occurred as well as sources stating that Cleveland originally had 0 intention of trading Wiggins, this is clearly false.

Again, be willing to at least own up to what you say.

MavsDirk41 wrote:If i said James recruited Bosh to Miami ok i was wrong, but they all talked about teaming up and they did. Who was the mastermind? Who knows! But they all ended up playing together to form a big 3….spin it how you want, say it was Wades idea, or Bosh, who cares? They teamed up to form a superteam.

THERE YOU GO. Finally. You actually admit to being wrong about something. Now imagine if you did that more often.

(well, you'd be doing it all the time).

Hell, I'll even be nice to you and give you something. You are in fact right that they did talk about teaming up at one point... in 2008... in a casual conversation when they were playing for team USA. So in other words, nah, not really. I mean yeah, they absolutely did, but they most certainly did not determine right there and then that they were going to do it.

MavsDirk41 wrote:I can just imagine you in your parents basement getting all butt hurt when someone calls out your little hero for teaming up with a bunch of other star players. Hate boner lol? Coming from a guy who has to make excuses for another grown man? Pretty sad man

Well I'm thankful that I'm not a basement dwelling hermit (and btw, very original retort, I totally haven't heard that one before). But let me be clear: I would rather be a basement dwelling hermit living with his parents well into his 40s, than be so bad at reading numbers that I can't even tell the difference between averaging 14 PPG for one season and averaging 14 PPG for five.

Return to The General Board