Boston still has glaring late-game issues

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

LeBronSpaghetti
Junior
And1: 543

Re: Boston still has glaring late-game issues 

Post#81 » by LeBronSpaghetti » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:34 am

AussieCeltic wrote:
bisme37 wrote:It took y'all haters 3.5 months to bump this thread lol and now I'm supposed to be mad that my team exhibits "glaring late game issues" once every 3.5 months. Just start the playoffs already hahaha.

16 losses and there is a thread after each loss.

It’s like people expect them to be 73-0. There’s no threads when they close out tight games like they did v the Wolves, Knicks, Heat etc.

The Celtics fan schtick of “We’re easily the best team in the league. I honestly don’t see any team that can compete with us in a 7 game series.” And then after every loss: “LOL why are people making threads when we lose?!?!?” Is getting REALLY tired.
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 20,922

Post#82 » by AussieCeltic » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:43 am

LeBronSpaghetti wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
bisme37 wrote:It took y'all haters 3.5 months to bump this thread lol and now I'm supposed to be mad that my team exhibits "glaring late game issues" once every 3.5 months. Just start the playoffs already hahaha.

It’s like people expect them to be 73-0. There’s no threads when they close out tight games like they did v the Wolves, Knicks, Heat etc.

The Celtics fan schtick of “We’re easily the best team in the league. I honestly don’t see any team that can compete with us in a 7 game series.” And then after every loss: “LOL why are people making threads when we lose?!?!?” Is getting REALLY tired.

Find me a Celtic fan who has said that. Go on.

They have the best record in the league, that is a fact.

Go through threads and I don’t believe a Celtic fan has created one thread all season about having the best record (and by a wide margin).

What’s funny though is the narrative that they can’t win a championship after every single loss. It’s a long season. Good teams lose to bad teams every week. As long as you’re keeping those to a minimum, you’ll be a good team and that’s what the Celtics are.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
CelticSooner
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,364

Post#83 » by CelticSooner » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:46 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is old school thinking that will kill a team in the playoffs. Unless said guy has demonstrated over and over he’s a killer on final possessions it’s just stupid.

The fact the coach reinforces such nonsense when you have so many weapons on this team is frightening.
“Why would I need a wheelchair if I pooped my pants?"
LeBronSpaghetti
Junior

Post#84 » by LeBronSpaghetti » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:46 am

AussieCeltic wrote:
LeBronSpaghetti wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:

Go through threads and I don’t believe a Celtic fan has created one thread all season about having the best record (and by a wide margin).

What’s funny though is the narrative that they can’t win a championship after every single loss. It’s a long season. Good teams lose to bad teams every week. As long as you’re keeping those to a minimum, you’ll be a good team and that’s what the Celtics are.

There are tons of overly confident Celtics fans all over these boards. The confidence level really reminds me of Warriors fans during the Durant era, except that actually made sense. And no I’m not going to waste my time collecting examples of something non Celtics fans can all see clearly already just to win a dumb argument.
AussieCeltic
RealGM

Post#85 » by AussieCeltic » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:52 am

LeBronSpaghetti wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
LeBronSpaghetti wrote:

There are tons of overly confident Celtics fans all over these boards. The confidence level really reminds me of Warriors fans during the Durant era, except that actually made sense. And no I’m not going to waste my time collecting examples of something non Celtics fans can all see clearly already just to win a dumb argument.

“It’s all over these boards”

“I not wasting my time to collect examples”

Classic.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
LeBronSpaghetti
Junior

Post#86 » by LeBronSpaghetti » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:10 am

AussieCeltic wrote:
LeBronSpaghetti wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:

Classic.

Ok here’s two:

viewtopic.php?p=112059704#p112059704

viewtopic.php?p=112060322#p112060322

Or is the expectation that I need to go through literally every single post from every Celtics fan all season? Classic.
xinxin
Sixth Man
And1: 1,372

Post#87 » by xinxin » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:20 am

I watched the OT, is it just me or I thought that it should have been Derrick White calling the plays?

JT seemed tentative is some plays. There was one where he got away from
His defender and had a wide open shot but decided to pass it out mid air. I can’t remember if they made the shot but I just found that pass out odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AussieCeltic
RealGM

Post#88 » by AussieCeltic » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:25 am

LeBronSpaghetti wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
LeBronSpaghetti wrote:There are tons of overly confident Celtics fans all over these boards. The confidence level really reminds me of Warriors fans during the Durant era, except that actually made sense. And no I’m not going to waste my time collecting examples of something non Celtics fans can all see clearly already just to win a dumb argument.

Classic.

Ok here’s two:

Or is the expectation that I need to go through literally every single post from every Celtics fan all season? Classic.

You linked a quote about them being able to beat the Heat (an #8 seed) in a series and another saying they should make it through the East but will have trouble with Denver.

How is that Durant Warriors level confidence?

Is that it? This is on a board where teams are in the play in and their fans are confident, yet the fans of the #1 team record wise in the league can’t have any confidence about beating an 8 seed? Righto champ
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,277

Post#89 » by mademan » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:26 am

No need to get in your feels C's fans. Celtics have been head and shoulders above the rest of the league, so any chinks seen in their armour will be heavily scrutinized. This has also been a team thats shown up with more talent in their last 3 playoff losses so any time they underperform, even for a 2 game stretch in March, NBA fans will come out of the woodwork saying they always knew the C's were frauds.

Truth is theyve developed a narrative about them (unfair in some ways, completely fair in others) but a narrative that will only be overcome in the playoffs.
OnlyTheTruth
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#90 » by OnlyTheTruth » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:26 am

Boston will get annihilated in the finals vs whoever comes outta West.
LeBronSpaghetti
Junior

Post#91 » by LeBronSpaghetti » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:29 am

AussieCeltic wrote:
LeBronSpaghetti wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:

Classic.

Ok here’s two:

You linked a quote about them being able to beat the Heat (an #8 seed) in a series and another saying they should make it through the East but will have trouble with Denver.

Is that it? This is on a board where teams are in the play in and their fans are confident, yet the fans of the #1 team record wise in the league can’t have any confidence about beating an 8 seed? Righto champ

The Celtics moderator in that same thread is aghast over the lack of enthusiasm over how amazing the Celtics are on the general board and cites opposing team announcers and a media member to try to get us back on track about how incredible this Celtics team is. God forbid the average fan doesn’t share the same deranged enthusiasm over the Celtics!

viewtopic.php?p=112060535#p112060535

But whatever. Going back and forth with you is a complete waste of my time. All the best to you!
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,999

Post#92 » by DonaldSanders » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:33 am

LeBronSpaghetti wrote:The Celtics moderator in that same thread is aghast over the lack of enthusiasm over how amazing the Celtics are on the general board and cites opposing team announcers and a media member to try to get us back on track about how incredible this Celtics team is. God forbid the average fan doesn’t share the same deranged enthusiasm over the Celtics!

viewtopic.php?p=112060535#p112060535

But whatever. Going back and forth with you is a complete waste of my time. All the best to you!

Bisme is pretty level headed, I thought he was correct. I barely see much Celtics hype for how amazing they look this season.
LeBronSpaghetti
Junior

Post#93 » by LeBronSpaghetti » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:43 am

AussieCeltic wrote:
LeBronSpaghetti wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:

Classic.

Ok here’s two:

After reading this post again, you just straight up lied to try to reinforce your point. Embarrassing.

The post I linked doesn’t say the Celtics can beat the 8 seed Heat, it says “We don't even need Tatum to play to beat this Heat team 4 out of 5 games”.

And the second post doesn’t say they “should make it through the east” it says they’ll SLEEPWALK through the East. Gtf outta here with your dumbass gas lighting and intentionally dishonesty.
AussieCeltic
RealGM

Post#94 » by AussieCeltic » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:53 am

LeBronSpaghetti wrote:
AussieCeltic wrote:
LeBronSpaghetti wrote:
Ok here’s two:

After reading this post again, you just straight up lied to try to reinforce your point. Embarrassing.

The post I linked doesn’t say the Celtics can beat the 8 seed Heat, it says “We don't even need Tatum to play to beat this Heat team 4 out of 5 games”.

And the second post doesn’t say they “should make it through the east” it says they’ll SLEEPWALK through the East. Gtf outta here with your dumbass gas lighting and intentionally dishonesty.

The person you quoted saying the Celtics will sleepwalk through the East has 4 posts and that’s their first about the Celtics. If you’re making the assumption that they’re a Celtics fan, than that’s on you.

The other was in response to the thread that the #1 seed should be very afraid of the #8 seed who are 17.5 games behind them. It was clearly tongue in cheek.

If those are your 2 best examples of Celtics fans displaying “Durant Warriors level confidence” then you are more delusional than I first thought.

Best of luck to you buddy.
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 1,941

Post#95 » by ChipotleWest » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:15 am

The results will speak for themselves come playoff time. Arguing won't change anything.

Return to The General Board