When Do The Lakers Trade Lebron James?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Will Lakers trade Bron?

This Season Before Deadline
19%
This Summer
6%
He Will Leave As A Free Agent
38%
Lebron Will Retire A Laker
38%

Total votes: 176

Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,440

Re: When Do The Lakers Trade Lebron James? 

Post#161 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:05 pm

Iwasawitness wrote:
JustBuzzin wrote:
Iwasawitness wrote:
I’m honestly surprised he never played there. I always thought he would one day and originally thought that’s where he was going in 2010 until Bosh went to Miami.
Apparently Chicago was supposed to be the landing spot for the big 3, but they had trouble fitting all 3 under the cap so they just went to Miami instead.

Could you imagine Rose with the big 3? :o

Really? That’s the first time I’m hearing about it. Fascinating if true.

Chicago was a close second for sure but Riley had the hooks with Wade from the jump. One of the issues is Rose didn't reach out when all 3 were in town to interview with the Bulls and they did interview together. Granted they didn't have all the capspace at the second but they had salary dumps to get there so it wasn't all the money issue by any means.

Rose
Wade
LeBron
Bosh
Noah

with Deng as your sixth man and they still get to draft Butler.... yikes.
Now Rose was rookie scale as was Noah so keeping that team together for the long term would have been damn near impossible, but that was a time Jerry was willing to spend and rightfully so. Rose clearly never wins the MVP (well not on that team, say he moves on with his next contract maybe he does) but he also maybe never gets hurt because he wouldn't have the workload he had to take on offense.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#162 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:09 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
Ruma85 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
They traded Shaq..

He got a jersey hang and a statue

Really???, They won 3 in a row, a more intelligent response please. :noway:

LeBron got them a championship
Has won NBA finals MVP, 5 all star appearances, 4 all NBA.
Broken scoring records.

He's 100% getting a jersey hang. The question is more about a statue

I doubt the statue.... but the Jersey for sure, less for even the championship than breaking the all time scoring record in a Laker's jersey, that pretty much seals you getting the jersey hang IMHO. 1 ring in Lakerdom not sure that is enough impact on it's own.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,988

Post#163 » by zimpy27 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:13 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Ruma85 wrote:

Broken scoring records.

I doubt the statue.... but the Jersey for sure, less for even the championship than breaking the all time scoring record in a Laker's jersey, that pretty much seals you getting the jersey hang IMHO. 1 ring in Lakerdom not sure that is enough impact on it's own.

Wilt got a jersey hang
Played 5 seasons. 1 championship, 1 finals MVP, 1 all NBA, 4 all star

LeBron beats out this handily. I agree that statue is not likely
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#164 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:13 pm

MagicMatic wrote:Lakers don't do anything if Lebron doesn't approve.

You are hilarious if you think otherwise.

Let's be honest this is the truth. People can joke about the Laker's having cajones etc.... but how bad are the optics that Jerry Krause forced Jordan/Phil/Scottie out? Even though he did he kinda didn't also but the optics, to this day stands. Slightly different than LeBron because LeBron has played for more teams in his prime etc... but still you just can't trade him unless he agrees.
Ruma85
Starter
And1: 935

Post#165 » by Ruma85 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:15 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
Ruma85 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
They traded Shaq..

Broken scoring records.

https://www.marca.com/en/basketball/nba/los-angeles-lakers/2023/03/07/64076aff46163fe11a8b45a4.html

You make good points, i'm not saying no chance, more like 45%.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#166 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:15 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Broken scoring records.

Wilt got a jersey hang
Played 5 seasons. 1 championship, 1 finals MVP, 1 all NBA, 4 all star

LeBron beats out this handily. I agree that statue is not likely

LeBron doesn't have to 20,000 though.... I was thinking of Wilt when I posted but that was also previous to Showtime and Shaq/Kobe era's, that was more in the Celtics kicking the teeth in era.
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,834

Post#167 » by SkyBill40 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 7:24 pm

I don't see James going anywhere, via trade or free agency. He's made the final part of his career a Lakers end. Even if he were to be traded, I just don't see the sense in laying out a multitude of FRP's, players, or whatever else for a guy that close to retiring regardless of how much he's cheated Father Time.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,505

Post#168 » by The Laker Kid » Fri Feb 2, 2024 8:18 pm

Can't wait for the drama to end. See how refreshing it is to watch a young Lakers team play without the diva? They beat the Celtics cleanly, with no pouting, complaining, and drama free. Just straight up basketball led by future HOFer Reaves. I would trade Lebron before he loses all perceivable value and become worthless like Bitcoin.
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
Goomba3666
Veteran
And1: 3,315

Post#169 » by Goomba3666 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 8:35 pm

HotRocks34 wrote:Some people on one of the top Lakers forums on the Internet appear to be turning on James after the Boston win. Here's a sample:

https://www.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=182006&start=51350

Sojo
Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:49 am

And took us right back out of it. He's not an asset to this team on the floor, is a distraction off the floor and generally doesn't seem to give a damn about the Lakers. As a fan of the Lakers, that basically means to me he doesn't deserve to wear the jersey anymore and should go pound sand wherever he wants to as long as it isn't here. I'm not here to watch him stat pad or preen about like a peacock anytime he actually makes a play. The tide of opinion is clearly turning on LeBron (go outside the walls of these forums and you'll see it all over, and even here as well) and I'm all for it.

I'm ready for a new chapter for the Laker franchise and I'd imagine a majority of the fan base is as well. And I certainly am not going to apologize for it.

Food for thought for the Lakers front office.

This has been brewing for years. Lebron fans vs Laker fans. There’s VERY little crossover. Some Lakers fans, because they’re basketball fans, are intrigued with Bron’s incredible career.

But there’s NO interest in the Lakers from Lebron fans. This was obvious when they got blown out and embarrassed at their last game at the Staples Arena by the Kings. Lakers fans were pissed; Bron fans didn’t give af. Lol
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,823

Post#170 » by Marrrcuss » Fri Feb 2, 2024 8:43 pm

Goomba3666 wrote:
HotRocks34 wrote:Some people on one of the top Lakers forums on the Internet appear to be turning on James after the Boston win. Here's a sample:

Sojo

And took us right back out of it. He's not an asset to this team on the floor, is a distraction off the floor and generally doesn't seem to give a damn about the Lakers. As a fan of the Lakers, that basically means to me he doesn't deserve to wear the jersey anymore and should go pound sand wherever he wants to as long as it isn't here. I'm not here to watch him stat pad or preen about like a peacock anytime he actually makes a play. The tide of opinion is clearly turning on LeBron (go outside the walls of these forums and you'll see it all over, and even here as well) and I'm all for it.

I'm ready for a new chapter for the Laker franchise and I'd imagine a majority of the fan base is as well. And I certainly am not going to apologize for it.

This has been brewing for years. Lebron fans vs Laker fans. There’s VERY little crossover. Some Lakers fans, because they’re basketball fans, are intrigued with Bron’s incredible career.

But there’s NO interest in the Lakers from Lebron fans. This was obvious when they got blown out and embarrassed at their last game at the Staples Arena by the Kings. Lakers fans were pissed; Bron fans didn’t give af. Lol

Such a garbage take. I make it to the other coast a few times a year for games. You take couldnt be further from the truth for the game goers. I cant speak for the others.
Goomba3666
Veteran

Post#171 » by Goomba3666 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 8:51 pm

Ruma85 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Lalouie wrote:trading him almost insures i wont see them hanging his jersey

They traded Shaq..

I don’t think it’s a slam dunk that he gets his jersey retired.

The only success was during a season where millions of people were dying from a once in a lifetime plague at a Disney resort before getting a 3 month break. Players’ parents and friends were dying all around them and they tried to get the season canceled for obvious reasons. Players also wanted to cancel the season during the George Floyd protests as well.

Fast forward, Lebron, the media, and Klutch have blamed every bad move on the front office after the Lakers have bent over backwards.

Blamed Pelinka, Buss, rallying the media to get coaches fired and everything. From Luke to Frank to Ham.

Again, he continues to piss off Laker fans and management and I don’t think it’ll be rewarded.
Goomba3666
Veteran

Post#172 » by Goomba3666 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 8:55 pm

Marrrcuss wrote:
Goomba3666 wrote:

Such a garbage take. I make it to the other coast a few times a year for games. You take couldnt be further from the truth for the game goers. I cant speak for the others.

Majority of my friends have attended games for the last 20 years. Back when you were a Heat/Cavs fans :lol:

From game to game, I have a great idea about the fan sentiment. Sorry that this upsets you, but it’s true. Most don’t see him as an actual Laker despite his great career and never will. Lakers are actually bigger than Lebron; it’s not the Heat or the Cavs.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,979

Post#173 » by Stannis » Fri Feb 2, 2024 8:58 pm

I think he leaves as a free agent and goes where ever Bronny goes.
Free Palestine
heezyo2o
Starter
And1: 1,258

Post#174 » by heezyo2o » Fri Feb 2, 2024 9:07 pm

Goomba3666 wrote:Majority of my friends have attended games for the last 20 years. Back when you were a Heat/Cavs fans :lol:

From game to game, I have a great idea about the fan sentiment. Sorry that this upsets you, but it’s true. Most don’t see him as an actual Laker despite his great career and never will. Lakers are actually bigger than Lebron; it’s not the Heat or the Cavs.

If people don't like Lebron, then so be it, but he's been in a Laker uniform for 6 seasons already. That's a career for some players. If he's not an "actual" Laker then what is he.

If a Laker fan doesn't support Lebron by now, then that's not a real Laker fan imo. Real fans support who wear the uniform.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,988

Post#175 » by zimpy27 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 9:12 pm

heezyo2o wrote:
Goomba3666 wrote:Majority of my friends have attended games for the last 20 years. Back when you were a Heat/Cavs fans :lol:

If people don't like Lebron, then so be it, but he's been in a Laker uniform for 6 seasons already. That's a career for some players. If he's not an "actual" Laker then what is he.

If a Laker fan doesn't support Lebron by now, then that's not a real Laker fan imo. Real fans support who wear the uniform.

Kobe fans let's be honest
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Goomba3666
Veteran

Post#176 » by Goomba3666 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 9:18 pm

heezyo2o wrote:

Nah. Not true. You can support the team, but not individual players on that team. It's always been like that.

Lakers trading away all young/explosive talents to keep rotating players around Lebron that are 'better fits' and its literally all for nothing.
Goomba3666
Veteran

Post#177 » by Goomba3666 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 9:24 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
heezyo2o wrote:

Kobe fans let's be honest

Nah. Don't think it's that. See below:

- Excessive Flopping
- Cryptic Twitter fingers
- Tantrums
- Media circus
- No youth development
- No Hope
- No stars as they're staying away from Lebron/Klutch

All of these things happening at once is uniquely attributable to the Lebron era.

No amount of Pelinka/Ham/Dlo/Russ/Kobe/Luke Walton blaming will change this.
tonyreyes123
Starter
And1: 748

Re: Lakers/ Lebron potential breakup?! 

Post#178 » by tonyreyes123 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 9:27 pm

Special_Puppy wrote:LeBron going to the Lakers was a mistake. They're on track to miss the playoffs 3/6 years they have had LeBron

It was, the one ring was in 2020 which no one cared about lmao
Bucks tricked me into being a diehard in 2001, LeBron is the 2nd best player ever, and pizza is awesome.
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,041

Post#179 » by Flash4thewin » Fri Feb 2, 2024 9:28 pm

Sojo

Ah yes the good old days where Ball was the face of the franchise :lol: :lol: :lol:
Goomba3666
Veteran

Post#180 » by Goomba3666 » Fri Feb 2, 2024 9:35 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:

Sojo

Ah yes the good old days where Ball was the face of the franchise :lol: :lol: :lol:

A star would've come if chemistry was but amongst Kuzma, Ingram and etc. In this era, no player will stick around long enough to develop chemistry with teammates.

With Bron there, it's a team full of mercenaries who will need a high free throw discrepancy or a world plague to see any real results.

Return to The General Board