When Do The Lakers Trade Lebron James?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Will Lakers trade Bron?

This Season Before Deadline
19%
This Summer
6%
He Will Leave As A Free Agent
38%
Lebron Will Retire A Laker
38%

Total votes: 176

Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,906

Re: When Do The Lakers Trade Lebron James? 

Post#221 » by Sofia » Tue Feb 6, 2024 11:56 am

Lebron to Knicks
Kuzma, Fournier and picks to Lakers
Robinson and Hart to Wizards

Get it done.
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,093

Post#222 » by Lockdown504090 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:36 pm

Chokic wrote:
ScrantonBulls wrote:For the first time ever I think LeBron values staying with his organization over winning at all costs. The Klutch message saying he won't be traded. It feels like a great trade for both the Knicks and Lakers, and for LeBron if he wants to win.

Knicks are instant contenders. Lakers get picks and Julius Randle, who can be flipped for other pieces. Maybe Jeanie wants to keep LeBron until he retires? He definitely prints money for the team. If the Lakers were worried on winning a title in the future, LeBron for Randle, Fournier and picks seems like the obvious move.

LeBron isn't better than randle at this point.

What is Randle doing better than him this season?
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,823

Post#223 » by Marrrcuss » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:45 pm

ScrantonBulls wrote:For the first time ever I think LeBron values staying with his organization over winning at all costs. The Klutch message saying he won't be traded. It feels like a great trade for both the Knicks and Lakers, and for LeBron if he wants to win.

Knicks are instant contenders. Lakers get picks and Julius Randle, who can be flipped for other pieces. Maybe Jeanie wants to keep LeBron until he retires? He definitely prints money for the team. If the Lakers were worried on winning a title in the future, LeBron for Randle, Fournier and picks seems like the obvious move.

The revisionist history is strong with this one.

When he went to LA, everyone claimed he didnt care about winning any more. They said it was just for hollywood.

You all will say any ol' lie about this guy. Is the hate THAT strong?
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,093

Post#224 » by Lockdown504090 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 9:40 pm

If love to see them do something surrounding picks kuminga and cp3 for lebron. Maybe even send kuminga to a third team because of his fit with AD?
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,979

Post#225 » by Stannis » Tue Feb 6, 2024 9:58 pm

Sofia wrote:Lebron to Knicks

Get it done.

Please god no. I enjoy current Knicks basketball. And don't want to watch that generic LBJ offense.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#226 » by Stannis » Tue Feb 6, 2024 10:01 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
iggymcfrack wrote:
Hellcrooner wrote:
Lakers might buy
Lebron woudl buy
Knicks dont buy, you dont toss 3 firsts for a rental of a 39 year old player.
if they lower the offer lakers dont buy

You really think the Knicks give up the chance to be the 2nd or 3rd favorites to win for the next 2 years over a few firsts that will probably be late round picks anyway? Why? Brunson/Anunoby/LeBron/Randle/Hartenstein is an INSANE starting 5. The Suns gave up 3 times as much for a much less valuable 2 year window.

Randle goes out if LeBron comes here

one can only dream

It'd be a bad fit tbh. I don't think LBJ @ 39 has the time to go through growing pains so the Knicks can learn his offense.

Best just holding onto your assets.

I'd only do this if it was Fournier + Randle for James + picks. And LBJ was wiling to take the role of a super 6th man. Otherwise, it doesn't work at all.
Free Palestine
Slim Charlez
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,451

Post#227 » by Slim Charlez » Tue Feb 6, 2024 11:31 pm

The Laker Kid wrote:Can't wait for the drama to end. See how refreshing it is to watch a young Lakers team play without the diva? They beat the Celtics cleanly, with no pouting, complaining, and drama free. Just straight up basketball led by future HOFer Reaves. I would trade Lebron before he loses all perceivable value and become worthless like Bitcoin.

It's going to be glorious seeing the Lakers back to their 2011-2019 form.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,813

Post#228 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Feb 6, 2024 11:41 pm

Well he was passive agressively threatening the Lakers again.

Read on Twitter
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,906

Post#229 » by Sofia » Wed Feb 7, 2024 1:33 am

Stannis wrote:
Sofia wrote:Lebron to Knicks

Get it done.

Please god no. I enjoy current Knicks basketball. And don't want to watch that generic LBJ offense.

I just want Lebron in a team that will be relevant in April
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,677

Post#230 » by nzahir » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:27 am

Johnny Bball wrote:Well he was passive agressively threatening the Lakers again.

Read on Twitter

So was Prince apparently :lol:
nzahir
RealGM

Post#231 » by nzahir » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:31 am

Stannis wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
iggymcfrack wrote:
You really think the Knicks give up the chance to be the 2nd or 3rd favorites to win for the next 2 years over a few firsts that will probably be late round picks anyway? Why? Brunson/Anunoby/LeBron/Randle/Hartenstein is an INSANE starting 5. The Suns gave up 3 times as much for a much less valuable 2 year window.

Randle goes out if LeBron comes here

one can only dream

It'd be a bad fit tbh. I don't think LBJ @ 39 has the time to go through growing pains so the Knicks can learn his offense.

Best just holding onto your assets.

I'd only do this if it was Fournier + Randle for James + picks. And LBJ was wiling to take the role of a super 6th man. Otherwise, it doesn't work at all.

How would Bron be a bad fit?

He would be a better version of Randle

Not as aggressive posting up at this point, but a better shooter, better in transition, multiple levels better as a playmaker, and a better defender still

Lebron is 19th in usage this year....right behind Randle at 18. Randle was no good in the playoffs last year. If I remember correctly he did have an ankle injury he played through, but do you want Lebron or Randle com playoff time? Dont lie to yourself

Putting Lebron on NY and it costing a 1st or 2 1sts is well worth it

NY can also keep the picks for the future or make other moves for cheap salary guys
Stannis
RealGM

Post#232 » by Stannis » Wed Feb 7, 2024 2:31 pm

nzahir wrote:How would Bron be a bad fit?

Not as aggressive posting up at this point, but a better shooter, better in transition, multiple levels better as a playmaker, and a better defender still

Lebron is 19th in usage this year....right behind Randle at 18. Randle was no good in the playoffs last year. If I remember correctly he did have an ankle injury he played through, but do you want Lebron or Randle com playoff time? Dont lie to yourself

NY can also keep the picks for the future or make other moves for cheap salary guys

For that price tag, I'd honestly just stick with Randle. More risk-reward. 10 years younger. Cheaper deal. It also leaves assets intact for a potential trade for another player without having to give up Randle.

I think the Olympics will be LeBron's real sendoff to retirement. I think whatever team he goes to next (or if he decides to stay with the Lakers) will just be about his brand and playing with his son. I want somebody who just wants to be about the team and winning a ring. Not somebody who is thinking about where to retire with his son.

Knicks really don't need these high-drama guys. A lot of the success is due to most players being onboard with Thibs.

LeBron is also making 50 million next year. This would cripple the Knicks and make it impossible to make trades next year. OG will likely get 40m a year extension. Isaiah and Precious are due for an extension. It just doesn't seem wise to trade Randle's 30m salary + Fournier's 19m expiring (with TO) for a 40 year old LBJ making 50m next year.
Free Palestine
nzahir
RealGM

Post#233 » by nzahir » Thu Feb 8, 2024 2:54 am

Stannis wrote:
nzahir wrote:How would Bron be a bad fit?

For that price tag, I'd honestly just stick with Randle. More risk-reward. 10 years younger. Cheaper deal. It also leaves assets intact for a potential trade for another player without having to give up Randle.

I think the Olympics will be LeBron's real sendoff to retirement. I think whatever team he goes to next (or if he decides to stay with the Lakers) will just be about his brand and playing with his son. I want somebody who just wants to be about the team and winning a ring. Not somebody who is thinking about where to retire with his son.

Knicks really don't need these high-drama guys. A lot of the success is due to most players being onboard with Thibs.

LeBron is also making 50 million next year. This would cripple the Knicks and make it impossible to make trades next year. OG will likely get 40m a year extension. Isaiah and Precious are due for an extension. It just doesn't seem wise to trade Randle's 30m salary + Fournier's 19m expiring (with TO) for a 40 year old LBJ making 50m next year.

What if Lebron signs for 25-30m a year in the summer?

What trade would you guys make to become a bonafide contender?

Who are guys that fit and are somewhat available?

I dont think an undersized guard like Mitchell is it

Bridges? But wold BKN really send someone to NY

Lauri would mean Randle goes out. Same for Zion

Dont know if KAT is really a fit.

Whose left?
Stannis
RealGM

Post#234 » by Stannis » Thu Feb 8, 2024 2:38 pm

nzahir wrote:What if Lebron signs for 25-30m a year in the summer?

Whose left?

I don't have a list of "who is left". I'm just saying I rather play the waiting game and let the front office use their assets on somebody more worthwhile. Not a 40 year old. It doesn't have to be a "A-list superstar".

The front office has done a great job building a team a team from the "not so highly sought" players. Brunson, OG, even Randle.
Free Palestine
nzahir
RealGM

Post#235 » by nzahir » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:27 pm

Stannis wrote:
nzahir wrote:What if Lebron signs for 25-30m a year in the summer?

Whose left?

I don't have a list of "who is left". I'm just saying I rather play the waiting game and let the front office use their assets on somebody more worthwhile. Not a 40 year old. It doesn't have to be a "A-list superstar".

The front office has done a great job building a team a team from the "not so highly sought" players. Brunson, OG, even Randle.

You cant play the waiting game forever

Brunson is in his prime now as well

If Lebron costs almost nothing, you go get him

He is still a top 10 guy and more reliable in the playoffs than some other guys ahead of him
Stannis
RealGM

Post#236 » by Stannis » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:29 pm

nzahir wrote:You cant play the waiting game forever

He is still a top 10 guy and more reliable in the playoffs than some other guys ahead of him

If it's almost nothing. Sure, it's worth the risk. But I really don't think the Lakers trade him for "almost nothing". LBJ is a ticket seller. The Lakers and NBA knows this. So he will be traded for a premium regardless.

And after this Woj trade, I think all this is moot. Definitely no spot for LBJ now.
Free Palestine
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,823

Post#237 » by Marrrcuss » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:32 pm

This topic was just for random shade from those obsessed with him more than his fans.
nzahir
RealGM

Post#238 » by nzahir » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:36 pm

Stannis wrote:
nzahir wrote:You cant play the waiting game forever

If it's almost nothing. Sure, it's worth the risk. But I really don't think the Lakers trade him for "almost nothing". LBJ is a ticket seller. The Lakers and NBA knows this. So he will be traded for a premium regardless.

And after this Woj trade, I think all this is moot. Definitely no spot for LBJ now.

What about as a FA though and swapping him and Randle

Then theres still picks to move for young cheap guys if needed or keep a majority of them for another opportnity down the line
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,804

Post#239 » by jkvonny » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:37 pm

The Kings should try to trade for LeBron. Give the Lakers Harrison Barnes and some future draft picks.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#240 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:12 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to The General Board