When Do The Lakers Trade Lebron James?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Will Lakers trade Bron?

This Season Before Deadline
19%
This Summer
6%
He Will Leave As A Free Agent
38%
Lebron Will Retire A Laker
38%

Total votes: 176

KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,917

Re: When Do The Lakers Trade Lebron James? 

Post#201 » by KnixtapeH20 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 5:24 am

iggymcfrack wrote:
Hellcrooner wrote:
iggymcfrack wrote:
Knicks might be able to make it work. How about LeBron for Mitchell Robinson, Evan Fournier, Malachi Flynn, and 3 firsts? Lakers get a potential future star and some valuable picks to reload with at the cost of a losing season. Knicks get a chance to be real contenders when they're already pretty close. LeBron gets to go to another huge market and have a legacy making playoff run. Who loses? I mean I could see the Lakers not completely loving it, but if LeBron tells them he's just leaving in the summer anyway if they don't move him, I could see it being their best option. LeBron obviously has to want this or it won't work.

Lakers might buy
Lebron woudl buy
Knicks dont buy, you dont toss 3 firsts for a rental of a 39 year old player.
if they lower the offer lakers dont buy

You really think the Knicks give up the chance to be the 2nd or 3rd favorites to win for the next 2 years over a few firsts that will probably be late round picks anyway? Why? Brunson/Anunoby/LeBron/Randle/Hartenstein is an INSANE starting 5. The Suns gave up 3 times as much for a much less valuable 2 year window.

Randle goes out if LeBron comes here

one can only dream
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,822

Post#202 » by Marrrcuss » Mon Feb 5, 2024 2:34 pm

Goomba3666 wrote:
Marrrcuss wrote:
Goomba3666 wrote:
This has been brewing for years. Lebron fans vs Laker fans. There’s VERY little crossover. Some Lakers fans, because they’re basketball fans, are intrigued with Bron’s incredible career.

But there’s NO interest in the Lakers from Lebron fans. This was obvious when they got blown out and embarrassed at their last game at the Staples Arena by the Kings. Lakers fans were pissed; Bron fans didn’t give af. Lol

Such a garbage take. I make it to the other coast a few times a year for games. You take couldnt be further from the truth for the game goers. I cant speak for the others.

Majority of my friends have attended games for the last 20 years. Back when you were a Heat/Cavs fans :lol:

From game to game, I have a great idea about the fan sentiment. Sorry that this upsets you, but it’s true. Most don’t see him as an actual Laker despite his great career and never will. Lakers are actually bigger than Lebron; it’s not the Heat or the Cavs.

Shaq made me a lakers fan as I followed him from Orlando. I also began rooting for any lebron team after 2011.
Its a bit weird how folks think they get to decide who others can root for and if it's valid.
Anyway, my son just offered to take me to the laker game tonight for an early birthday present. Hell, might as well, lol
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,749

Post#203 » by madmaxmedia » Mon Feb 5, 2024 6:00 pm

SkyBill40 wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:0% chance LeBron gets traded.

What would a hypothetical package for LeBron even look like, and who pulls the trigger for a one-year rental to win now?

Not even that long or so I'd imagine seeing James has a player option for next year. He'd be pretty dumb to turn that down but if he were sent somewhere to his dislike, he doesn't re-sign and you're assed out.

If he were to get traded, it would be a sign-and-trade type situation which would be best for Lebron and Lakers. Lebron has more potential landing spots and will have to agree to opt in to go along with, and Lakers get some assets back. What I don't know is if he could sign an extension immediately or would have to wait until the end of his contract, which would complicate matters.
Sixers in 4
Senior
And1: 754

Post#204 » by Sixers in 4 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 6:44 pm

Never. Lebron would never get the featured role he has on the Lakers anywhere else at this point of his career.

He either retires as a Laker or signs a 10D contract with the Cavaliers then retires either way he is gonna finish what is left of his career as a Laker. From the Lakers' perspective they don't own their picks and having Lebron there makes them even more marketable so there is no downside to just letting things play out.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,676

Post#205 » by nzahir » Mon Feb 5, 2024 6:48 pm

Sixers in 4 wrote:Never. Lebron would never get the featured role he has on the Lakers anywhere else at this point of his career.

He either retires as a Laker or signs a 10D contract with the Cavaliers then retires either way he is gonna finish what is left of his career as a Laker. From the Lakers' perspective they don't own their picks and having Lebron there makes them even more marketable so there is no downside to just letting things play out.

Uhm what.....

We have either our 2024 or 2025 1st, NOLA gets to pick

We have our 26 1st

We have our 28 1st and on

We just dont have the 27 1st and 1 of the 24 or 25 1sts......pretty good for a team that won it all

Always can trade AD later if they wanted and Lebron himself would fetch some assets
nzahir
RealGM

Post#206 » by nzahir » Mon Feb 5, 2024 6:50 pm

Trey24 wrote:Its obvious Lakers will be first rounds exits at best and he will leave them high and dry!

Its obvious CHA is one of the worst run sports franchises of all time and that has clouded your judgement

What are you even talking about?

Lakers made it to the WCF last season and we have a majority of our assets (look at the post above)

So how in the world is that high and dry? High and dry would be a team that has used up all or almost of all their picks and have no youth to build on or trade. Not the case here
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,791

Post#207 » by RoyceDa59 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 6:54 pm

LeBron to the Knicks for some draft compensation and cap filler.
Go Raps!!
Yoshun
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,726

Post#208 » by Yoshun » Mon Feb 5, 2024 6:58 pm

LeBron is pretty much untradable. Unless he asks for a trade, he's not getting traded.
The4thHorseman
General Manager
And1: 4,510

Post#209 » by The4thHorseman » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:09 pm

It's funny to see those saying what the Lakers should decide to do, but when talking about past trades LA had made it's always "LeBron traded away _______ (then insert however many names)

Make up your mind, does LA make the trade decisions or does LeBron?
Chokic
Senior
And1: 602

Post#210 » by Chokic » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:17 pm

ScrantonBulls wrote:For the first time ever I think LeBron values staying with his organization over winning at all costs. The Klutch message saying he won't be traded. It feels like a great trade for both the Knicks and Lakers, and for LeBron if he wants to win.

Knicks are instant contenders. Lakers get picks and Julius Randle, who can be flipped for other pieces. Maybe Jeanie wants to keep LeBron until he retires? He definitely prints money for the team. If the Lakers were worried on winning a title in the future, LeBron for Randle, Fournier and picks seems like the obvious move.

LeBron isn't better than randle at this point.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,806

Post#211 » by Johnny Bball » Mon Feb 5, 2024 7:38 pm

Should have been last summer.
Trey24
Sixth Man
And1: 2,020

Post#212 » by Trey24 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 9:16 pm

nzahir wrote:
Trey24 wrote:Its obvious Lakers will be first rounds exits at best and he will leave them high and dry!

Its obvious CHA is one of the worst run sports franchises of all time and that has clouded your judgement

What are you even talking about?

Lakers made it to the WCF last season and we have a majority of our assets (look at the post above)

So how in the world is that high and dry? High and dry would be a team that has used up all or almost of all their picks and have no youth to build on or trade. Not the case here

High and dry means he leaves and Lakers don't get anything for him.

Thanks for the attack though
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,834

Post#213 » by SkyBill40 » Mon Feb 5, 2024 10:37 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:0% chance LeBron gets traded.

What would a hypothetical package for LeBron even look like, and who pulls the trigger for a one-year rental to win now?

Not even that long or so I'd imagine seeing James has a player option for next year. He'd be pretty dumb to turn that down but if he were sent somewhere to his dislike, he doesn't re-sign and you're assed out.

If he were to get traded, it would be a sign-and-trade type situation which would be best for Lebron and Lakers. Lebron has more potential landing spots and will have to agree to opt in to go along with, and Lakers get some assets back. What I don't know is if he could sign an extension immediately or would have to wait until the end of his contract, which would complicate matters.

While that might be so, James is likely to command north of $50M/season; few teams have the available cap space or even tradeable assets to take on a singular player. I don't really see him going anywhere to be honest, just like I don't see him turning down his player option for next season.

What I did hear today is that if he's going to opt in to his existing deal for next season, he has to do so by 28 JUN 24, so his clock is ticking for sure. Bronny may go undrafted at this point and while it would be cool to have him play with his old man and for a storied franchise like the Lakers, I agree with Austin Rivers's view that it would be best if he played somewhere else and established his own legacy rather than living in the looming and hugely long shadow of his father.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,961

Post#214 » by Wingy » Mon Feb 5, 2024 10:44 pm

Lebron and Lakers 2029 unprotected first to Cleveland for Mitchell and Levert. :-?

I don’t believe in it. Just throwing spaghetti against the wall for fun and to get someone to say …”there’s no way that yada yada yada!!!”

Garland
Strus
Lebron
Mobley
Allen

Dad resigns for vet min after Klutch forces Bronny to the Cavs.
Sixers in 4
Senior
And1: 754

Post#215 » by Sixers in 4 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 12:09 am

nzahir wrote:
Sixers in 4 wrote:Never. Lebron would never get the featured role he has on the Lakers anywhere else at this point of his career.

Uhm what.....

We have our 26 1st

We just dont have the 27 1st and 1 of the 24 or 25 1sts......pretty good for a team that won it all

Always can trade AD later if they wanted and Lebron himself would fetch some assets

Do you expect him to play iinto 2028? I don't So why include them it doesn't matter. Also, Lebron will probably leverage his player option for an extension that is what this is really about the Lakers don't want to be held out over a barrel.
AlexanderRight
Senior
And1: 747

Post#216 » by AlexanderRight » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:14 am

AD for Bam and Duncan Robinson. Who says no?
Triple M
General Manager
And1: 2,806

Post#217 » by Triple M » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:34 am

nzahir wrote:

Uhm what.....

We have our 26 1st

I believe they cant trade those picks as future picks and the next future pick that is available to trade is 2029. By the summer it will change especially when it's known which pick they get in 24 or 25 but as of now i believe they only have the 29 first as a tradeable asset
nzahir
RealGM

Post#218 » by nzahir » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:35 am

Sixers in 4 wrote:
nzahir wrote:

Uhm what.....

We have our 26 1st

Do you expect him to play iinto 2028? I don't So why include them it doesn't matter. Also, Lebron will probably leverage his player option for an extension that is what this is really about the Lakers don't want to be held out over a barrel.

?

You are saying the Lakers dont our their own picks....but they do

They dont own one of 24/25 and 27. They own all the rest

I am bringing this up because they can be shipped if the Lakers want to
Mamba81p
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,205

Post#219 » by Mamba81p » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:31 am

Lebron is not getting traded unless he asks for. This organization is taking care of it's stars, always has
donkki
Analyst
And1: 553

Post#220 » by donkki » Tue Feb 6, 2024 11:25 am

Sell LeBron on the idea of bringing the championship to New York this summer, and make him force a trade to the Knicks.

Brunson, OG, LeBron, Randle, Hartenstein

Let's go!

Return to The General Board