Bucks dropping to play-in territory?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

payton2kemp
Starter
And1: 4,245

Re: Bucks dropping to play-in territory? 

Post#81 » by payton2kemp » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:35 am

14-13 with Doc. Lol
Chessboxer
Analyst
And1: 604

Post#82 » by Chessboxer » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:43 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:Bucks issue is that Giannis hasn't developed one iota in several years. He went on PEDs, put on a bunch of muscle and combined with his size and length made him overwhelming and nearly impossible to stop, years ago. But since? Nothing. It was fine when the Eastern Conference was weaker and/or decimated by injuries but not now. Just being able to actually hit FTs would completely transform his game and make the Bucks unstoppable. Their whole system comes to a screeching halt at the end of games because of his FT shooting. But he can't be bothered apparently. Reminds me of Shaq. I'm tired of hearing about his work ethic. Putting on muscle via PEDs isn't work ethic. Work ethic entails working on flaws until they're no longer flaws. Shooting is all about reps. No basketball player that works at their craft should be shooting sub 70% from the FT line and sub 30% from three in their late 20s. His shooting has actually gotten worse!

Giannis a PF, is shooting 66% from the FT line this season. Tim Duncan is considered the greatest PF and a top 10 player all time, and shot 63% from the line when he was Giannis' age. In fact Giannis has a slightly higher career free throw percentage than Duncan. We won't even get into Shaq. Giannis is held to a ridiculous standard and NBA elitists expect him to shoot 80%FT from the and 40% from 3. Of course he works on his game, he's just not a naturally gifted shooter, but he is one of the best paint/transition scorers in the history of league. His FT% hasn't stopped him from becoming an alltime great and a champion, however apparently that isn't enough.
" What I do is attack your ability. I don't have to stand over you and taunt you. You'll know when it's done that I'm better."

-Micheal Jordan
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,600

Post#83 » by JustBuzzin » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:53 am

And I still have the winning the championship.
FarBeyondDriven
Rookie
And1: 841

Post#84 » by FarBeyondDriven » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:24 am

Chessboxer wrote:
FarBeyondDriven wrote:Bucks issue is that Giannis hasn't developed one iota in several years. He went on PEDs, put on a bunch of muscle and combined with his size and length made him overwhelming and nearly impossible to stop, years ago. But since? Nothing. It was fine when the Eastern Conference was weaker and/or decimated by injuries but not now. Just being able to actually hit FTs would completely transform his game and make the Bucks unstoppable. Their whole system comes to a screeching halt at the end of games because of his FT shooting. But he can't be bothered apparently. Reminds me of Shaq. I'm tired of hearing about his work ethic. Putting on muscle via PEDs isn't work ethic. Work ethic entails working on flaws until they're no longer flaws. Shooting is all about reps. No basketball player that works at their craft should be shooting sub 70% from the FT line and sub 30% from three in their late 20s. His shooting has actually gotten worse!

Giannis a PF, is shooting 66% from the FT line this season. Tim Duncan is considered the greatest PF and a top 10 player all time, and shot 63% from the line when he was Giannis' age. In fact Giannis has a slightly higher career free throw percentage than Duncan. We won't even get into Shaq. Giannis is held to a ridiculous standard and NBA elitists expect him to shoot 80%FT from the and 40% from 3. Of course he works on his game, he's just not a naturally gifted shooter, but he is one of the best paint/transition scorers in the history of league. His FT% hasn't stopped him from becoming an alltime great and a champion, however apparently that isn't enough.

I don't think it's comparable. The offense flows through Giannis unlike Duncan. His game is predicated on driving to the hoop which results in double digit FT attempts. Him not being a confident FT shooter makes him less aggressive late in games and it's had a detrimental effect on their offense especially in the playoffs.

Watching Giannis turns himself into one of the game's best players was inspiring. He's one of my favorite players. But the truth is, he went from a 30% 3 pt shooter on decent volume (5 attempts per game) to someone reluctant to shoot with less than 2 atempts per game at .288% just as teams began intentionally sagging off him. This has clogged driving lanes for not only himself but for his teammates as teams pack the paint. He also went from a mid-high 70% at the FT line to his current 66%. It's not good. And IMO shooting is about reps and is in your control. You can't change height, length or athleticism (to a point) but you can learn the game and improve shooting with good work ethic.

His shooting HAS stopped him from becoming a GOAT imo. What's frustrating is that he has the potential to be legit in that top 5 GOAT conversation because of his defense but his shooting prevents his game from taking the next step and winning more championships. It's great that he'll end up in that 11-20 range in the GOAT convo but it could be so much higher.
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 20,944

Post#85 » by AussieCeltic » Wed Apr 3, 2024 5:46 am

With a loss to the Wizards, the Bucks are now 15-14 with Doc as the coach.

They should have the 2nd seed wrapped up but is there any cause for concern here?
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
BloodNinja
Analyst
And1: 5,610

Post#86 » by BloodNinja » Wed Apr 3, 2024 2:34 pm

AussieCeltic wrote:With a loss to the Wizards, the Bucks are now 15-14 with Doc as the coach.

They should have the 2nd seed wrapped up but is there any cause for concern here?
They'll be judged by what they do in the playoffs. They've had Lillard in and out and Middleton has missed a heap of time. I wouldn't necessarily be too concerned with the regular season based on that.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#87 » by God Squad » Wed Apr 3, 2024 4:09 pm

AussieCeltic wrote:With a loss to the Wizards, the Bucks are now 15-14 with Doc as the coach.

I've been told by Bucks fans that the team is much better under Doc, specifically the defense.

I don't see it.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,891

Post#88 » by jkvonny » Wed Apr 3, 2024 8:31 pm

Can't be losing to the rebuilding (even without Kuzma) this late in the season. Esp if you are fighting for playoff positioning.

Strange, bad loss for the Bucks.
___Rand___
General Manager
And1: 9,825

Post#89 » by ___Rand___ » Wed Apr 3, 2024 9:17 pm

God Squad wrote:

I've been told by Bucks fans that the team is much better under Doc, specifically the defense.

I don't see it.

They traded for Pat Bev to improve their defense. And its been just a small marginal improvement only. Meanwhile their offense has gotten worse.
JustBuzzin
Head Coach
And1: 5,600

Post#90 » by JustBuzzin » Wed Apr 3, 2024 9:53 pm

LMAO and people were calling for Adrian Griffin to get fired with the 2nd best record in the East.

This is Karma for firing a HC who didn't deserve to be fired.

*Saying that Bucks still winning the East.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,728

Post#91 » by CharityStripe34 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 10:55 pm

Chessboxer wrote:
nikster wrote:How are Bucks fans feeling about Doc and the team now? After that winning steak theyve gone 5-6 in their last 11 games. In the month of March they have the 20th defensive rating in the league

Its really only NBA fans outside of Milwaukee that have an issue with Docs tenure in Milwaukee thus far. You visit the Bucks forum and other social media they consider Doc a huge upgrade over Griffin. That is even taking into the consideration the recent struggles as well.
Doc was somewhat of an upgrade over Griffin, IMO, but there's also a lot of experimenting going on in games. Add to that a pretty bad bench squad, integrating Dame, etc. And yes it has been a very up and down season.

Playoffs will tell the story. My fear is that, once again, Lopez will get played off the floor and the Bucks wont have that killer "Giannis at C" lineup to be like "Hold our beer." Middleton rounding into form and Dame becoming consistently dangerous vaults them to legit threats to win. Forgot the exact record but Bucks are around 23-2 or something simply when Dame shoots 48% or more or something.

Sent from my LM-K500 using RealGM mobile app
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#92 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Wed Apr 3, 2024 11:34 pm

-Luke- wrote:They should just bring Coach Bud back. He is on the payroll anyway. Sure it would be awkward at the beginning, like "Hey guys, here we go again". But I assume that the players appreciate him even more now and he had a well-earned break to recharge the batteries. I'm serious, bring him back.

I'm sure he'll be like hey I'm already on the payroll, may as well coach for free then...I guess...

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
AussieCeltic
RealGM

Post#93 » by AussieCeltic » Wed Apr 3, 2024 11:40 pm

CharityStripe34 wrote:
Chessboxer wrote:
nikster wrote:How are Bucks fans feeling about Doc and the team now? After that winning steak theyve gone 5-6 in their last 11 games. In the month of March they have the 20th defensive rating in the league

Its really only NBA fans outside of Milwaukee that have an issue with Docs tenure in Milwaukee thus far. You visit the Bucks forum and other social media they consider Doc a huge upgrade over Griffin. That is even taking into the consideration the recent struggles as well.
Doc was somewhat of an upgrade over Griffin, IMO, but there's also a lot of experimenting going on in games. Add to that a pretty bad bench squad, integrating Dame, etc. And yes it has been a very up and down season.

Playoffs will tell the story. My fear is that, once again, Lopez will get played off the floor and the Bucks wont have that killer "Giannis at C" lineup to be like "Hold our beer." Middleton rounding into form and Dame becoming consistently dangerous vaults them to legit threats to win. Forgot the exact record but Bucks are around 23-2 or something simply when Dame shoots 48% or more or something.

Hate to break it to you, but Dame is a career 41% playoff shooter. He’s only shot above 48% in 12 out of 61 playoff games, that’s 19%.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#94 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Wed Apr 3, 2024 11:52 pm

AussieCeltic wrote:
CharityStripe34 wrote:
Chessboxer wrote:

Hate to break it to you, but Dame is a career 41% playoff shooter. He’s only shot above 48% in 12 out of 61 playoff games, that’s 19%.

That, 19% of the time it's like a guaranteed win almost every time!

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,314

Post#95 » by Wooderson » Thu Apr 4, 2024 12:00 am

FarBeyondDriven wrote:
Chessboxer wrote:

I don't think it's comparable. The offense flows through Giannis unlike Duncan. His game is predicated on driving to the hoop which results in double digit FT attempts. Him not being a confident FT shooter makes him less aggressive late in games and it's had a detrimental effect on their offense especially in the playoffs.

Watching Giannis turns himself into one of the game's best players was inspiring. He's one of my favorite players. But the truth is, he went from a 30% 3 pt shooter on decent volume (5 attempts per game) to someone reluctant to shoot with less than 2 atempts per game at .288% just as teams began intentionally sagging off him. This has clogged driving lanes for not only himself but for his teammates as teams pack the paint. He also went from a mid-high 70% at the FT line to his current 66%. It's not good. And IMO shooting is about reps and is in your control. You can't change height, length or athleticism (to a point) but you can learn the game and improve shooting with good work ethic.

His shooting HAS stopped him from becoming a GOAT imo. What's frustrating is that he has the potential to be legit in that top 5 GOAT conversation because of his defense but his shooting prevents his game from taking the next step and winning more championships. It's great that he'll end up in that 11-20 range in the GOAT convo but it could be so much higher.

You seriously think it's a problem Giannis is taking fewer 3s?? And part of that concern is a drop from 30% to 29%? No one was covering him there, it makes no difference to how teams play him. It was just a low % and extremely streaky shot that often resulted in empty possessions.

His efficiency is up this year, his passing is the best it's ever been, his TO rate is slightly lower than his prime average b/c he's more controlled, hitting better angles and getting fewer offensive fouls. He leads the entire league in PPP scoring as PnR ball handler.

He's meaningfully and tangibly been better and playing smarter this year. Cutting out much of the fat.

Yes FTs are a problem. Could that be a work rate thing? Maybe, but that's pure conjecture with no evidence. Ability to create and maintain muscle memory (leading to strong shooting) is not equal among people. It has a big physical component.
Special_Puppy
Pro Prospect
And1: 685

Post#96 » by Special_Puppy » Thu Apr 4, 2024 12:24 am

They have no chance of dropping to the play-in, but dropping to the 4th seed is still a live possibility
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,951

Post#97 » by stillgotgame » Thu Apr 4, 2024 12:48 am

Keyboard warrior accuses Giannis of using PEDs and then sits on his fat ass claiming it replaced his work ethic?
Trash post.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,891

Post#98 » by jkvonny » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:13 am

The Bucks needs Dame back in the worst way!

Could possibly have back to back losses to the rebuilding Washington Bullets and rebuilding/injured Memphis Hustle. :o
AussieCeltic
RealGM

Post#99 » by AussieCeltic » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:14 am

15 - 15 with Doc.

Back to back losses vs the Wizards and Grizzlies.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,844

Post#100 » by RookieStar » Thu Apr 4, 2024 2:37 am

Man... we need the Bucks to be comfy going into the PO so they will rest their starters agianst us innthe final game in the RS

Return to The General Board