Make or break time: The Los Angeles Lakers

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,837

Re: Make or break time: The Los Angeles Lakers 

Post#101 » by Beethoven » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:51 am

meh

This year has been great in terms of team. It's the coach that will really mess it up for them eventually. I never liked ham. I dont even like ham in my personal life either. I never eat it. I'm sure ham is good in other parts of the United States or England perhaps, but here in California ham is not known as a favorite meat choice.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
doogie_hauser
Senior
And1: 792

Post#102 » by doogie_hauser » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:30 am

Assuming they get past the play in, they are very likely to play Minnesota, OKC or Clippers in the first round..

No way are they getting past The Wolves (Assuming KAT is back by then) and only about a 30 % chance to beat OKC or The Clips in a 7 game series.

They (persone wise) are in worse shape than last season and most of the other contenders in the West have improved or at least held ground.

I just don't think they are capable of making another strong Playoff run this season (at least what Harvin Damn) is coach.

But then again I didn't think they had a chance last season either and you must never underestimate Lebron in the playoffs.

Lakers fans have every right to be disappointed, if not angry. They have underachieved in the regular season but they also play in one of the toughest divisions in the NBA.

The other California teams always seem extra motivated to beat The Lakers.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,887

Post#103 » by jkvonny » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:03 am

Rockets 35-35. Heatin up!

Lakers and especially GSW must be careful.
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 209

Post#104 » by WentzerWuver » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:21 am

jkvonny wrote:Lakers are in no mans land with a bunch of old dudes and one that is injury prone (AD). And a tuff schedule remaining as well. I think that they are better than GSW tho. So, maybe a fringe play in team? Either way, they won't go too far in the playoffs. I will own up if they do.
The teams ahead of the are better than them too. Kings, Pels, Mavs, Suns, Clips, etc If the refs are fair.
Jazz, Rockets are kinda fallin apart. Rockets can't win on the road. Nice thread, OP.

AD and Lebron are the only old starters while everyone else are in or near their prime. Their shared arena team are much older along with the Suns and Warriors. Sound like you are a hater with the "bunch of old dudes" reference.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant

Post#105 » by jkvonny » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:25 am

WentzerWuver wrote:
jkvonny wrote:Lakers are in no mans land with a bunch of old dudes and one that is injury prone (AD). And a tuff schedule remaining as well. I think that they are better than GSW tho. So, maybe a fringe play in team? Either way, they won't go too far in the playoffs. I will own up if they do.
The teams ahead of the are better than them too. Kings, Pels, Mavs, Suns, Clips, etc If the refs are fair.
Jazz, Rockets are kinda fallin apart. Rockets can't win on the road. Nice thread, OP.

AD and Lebron are the only old starters while everyone else are in or near their prime. Their shared arena team are much older along with the Suns and Warriors. Sound like you are a hater with the "bunch of old dudes" reference.

Not a "hater" just an objective take.

Let's bump this thread up around May. Sounds good?
chilluminati
Starter
And1: 3,916

Post#106 » by chilluminati » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:25 am

Never count out LeBron. We saw what he did with a bad deck last year. As long as they squeak in anything is possible. Likely? Probably not, but they could surprise.
The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,350

Post#107 » by The High Cyde » Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:34 am

Lakers will continue to be a threat as long as they play big, slow the game down and muck it up. No one really wants to see them in the playoffs because of it.
dWadeOwnzYou
Pro Prospect
And1: 560

Post#108 » by dWadeOwnzYou » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:36 pm

Why is it every time the Lakers loses to a contender, almost everyone here flocks to their computer to show the team's incompetent, but when they win big as they did against a fully healthy Bucks team (A true contender) on the road, its the sound of crickets? Give credit where it's due people. I can guaranteed no team in the league would want to play this Laker's team when healthy. I think they're the biggest dark horse team right now.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,286

Post#109 » by mademan » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:39 pm

dWadeOwnzYou wrote:Why is it every time the Lakers loses to a contender, almost everyone here flocks to their computer to show the team's incompetent, but when they win big as they did against a fully healthy Bucks team (A true contender) on the road, its the sound of crickets? Give credit where it's due people. I can guaranteed no team in the league would want to play this Laker's team when healthy. I think they're the biggest dark horse team right now.

yup. Lakers are really good and scary as hell against any top seed. I dont have a lot of faith in them stringing together 2 months of injury free consistent basketball to actually win a title, but they can ruin the Wolves, Thunder or even the Nuggets season in the first round.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant

Post#110 » by jkvonny » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:36 pm

Season on the brink.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant

Post#111 » by jkvonny » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:39 pm

mademan wrote:
dWadeOwnzYou wrote:Why is it every time the Lakers loses to a contender, almost everyone here flocks to their computer to show the team's incompetent, but when they win big as they did against a fully healthy Bucks team (A true contender) on the road, its the sound of crickets? Give credit where it's due people. I can guaranteed no team in the league would want to play this Laker's team when healthy. I think they're the biggest dark horse team right now.

yup. Lakers are really good and scary as hell against any top seed. I dont have a lot of faith in them stringing together 2 months of injury free consistent basketball to actually win a title, but they can ruin the Wolves, Thunder or even the Nuggets season in the first round.

:vent:

Return to The General Board