Make or break time: The Los Angeles Lakers

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,781

Re: Make or break time: The Los Angeles Lakers 

Post#61 » by VanWest82 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 8:32 pm

Marrrcuss wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:Lakers appear to have caught a big break with Denver's injuries. They should be favoured to win this one.

Where are yall getting this? KCP just had a good game the previous contest. Murray just went 13-15 3 days ago.

Murray has a sprained ankle and likely won't be playing. KCP has been in and out of the line up and is questionable to play.
Goomba3666
Veteran
And1: 3,315

Re: Lakers vs Nuggets tonight. Its a make or break for the Lakers. 

Post#62 » by Goomba3666 » Sat Mar 2, 2024 8:41 pm

Richard Miller wrote:
dockingsched wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:Nuggets will be without both Murray and KCP it seems

Lakers are still without Wood, Vincent, and two-way Castleton so evens out.

Can't tell if serious

The Excuse Olympics :lol:
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,244

Post#63 » by jkvonny » Sat Mar 2, 2024 9:59 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:It's not really make or break time, they'll be a play in team. They're not dropping to #11 and they're not getting to #6, so play in.

Pretty much this. They are a lock for the play in.

Jazz and Rockets are slippin and won't catch the Lakers, Warriors this late in the season.

Lakers and Warriors are basically jockeying for play in positioning ( 7-10 spots) at this point.
Tottery
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,380

Re: Lakers vs Nuggets tonight. Its a make or break for the Lakers. 

Post#64 » by Tottery » Sat Mar 2, 2024 10:48 pm

dockingsched wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:Nuggets will be without both Murray and KCP it seems

Lakers are still without Wood, Vincent, and two-way Castleton so evens out.

Probably joking, but not having Vando and Vincent hurts. Though, Vincent really hasn't played this season.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,265

Post#65 » by John Murdoch » Sat Mar 2, 2024 11:03 pm

Im in the bench Austin camp at this point, sick of him getting switch hunted by bums like Poole ..just go full Ginobili and run the bench unit but Darvin is a pssy
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,890

Post#66 » by Richard Miller » Sun Mar 3, 2024 12:15 am

Marrrcuss wrote:
VanWest82 wrote:Lakers appear to have caught a big break with Denver's injuries. They should be favoured to win this one.

Where are yall getting this? KCP just had a good game the previous contest. Murray just went 13-15 3 days ago.

KCP is questionable for personal reasons. Murray twisted his ankle the last game
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,302

Post#67 » by brutalitops » Sun Mar 3, 2024 12:18 am

ChipotleWest wrote:It's not really make or break time, they'll be a play in team. They're not dropping to #11 and they're not getting to #6, so play in.

Pretty much, Unless Taylor Hendricks wakes up tomorrow and decides to be the second coming of Paul George from this point, Utah are not cracking the top 10
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,854

Post#68 » by Marrrcuss » Sun Mar 3, 2024 12:23 am

Before tonight, the lakers are 6 back from the 6 spot, 4 from the 5 with about 20 to play. Crazier things have happened.

Utah is about to lose and there will be a 6 game cushion for the play-in. They could just rest guys every other night to get right for the playoffs. A well rested laker team trying to win two games to get in the playoffs?
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,244

Post#69 » by jkvonny » Sun Mar 3, 2024 1:32 am

Nuggz may be out players tonite from their starting line up.

Lakers could possibly beat Denver, ending their long losing streak to them.
Also milestone mark may happen for leBron tonite.
At LA, fans will be into it.
mj234eva
General Manager
And1: 3,571

Post#70 » by mj234eva » Sun Mar 3, 2024 1:56 am

I'm with Chuck when it comes to the Lakers.
Michael Jordan wrote:Sometimes I wish I could be my teammates looking at that
defense. It must be nice. But it isn't nice for me.
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach

Post#71 » by Marrrcuss » Sun Mar 3, 2024 3:42 am

Murray was brilliant. Not sure why that dumb shyt was added earlier.
iLLmatic860
General Manager
And1: 15,483

Post#72 » by iLLmatic860 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 3:45 am

You would think by now that they wouldn’t have to rely on LeBron as much, but still the same story. He still incredible, but they need another guy who can consistently close.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,195

Post#73 » by zimpy27 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 4:00 am

Lakers are playing better even in losses.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
dWadeOwnzYou
Pro Prospect
And1: 568

Post#74 » by dWadeOwnzYou » Sun Mar 3, 2024 5:00 am

As a Laker, you should take this as a moral victory. There's no shame getting beat by the champ in a very close game up to the 2 min mark.
Mrakar
Starter
And1: 2,544

Post#75 » by Mrakar » Sun Mar 3, 2024 7:17 am

Read on Twitter

Another "we almost did it" for the Lakers.
It looks like Nuggets just need to be in the game untill 5 mins left in 4th and then the show starts. They score at will on the Lakers.
If everything is going well, expect an WojBomb
#Pelslife :cry:
Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#76 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Sun Mar 3, 2024 9:45 am

dWadeOwnzYou wrote:As a Laker, you should take this as a moral victory. There's no shame getting beat by the champ in a very close game up to the 2 min mark.

they have an impressive seven game moral winning streak against the Nuggets
Слава Украине!
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach

Post#77 » by Marrrcuss » Sun Mar 3, 2024 1:10 pm

I mean, i am a lebron/laker stan so no, i dont think MPJ will be perfect every game. I do know lebron was on one foot for half of the Denver losses so I still have hope, lol
cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 24,730

Post#78 » by cupcakesnake » Sun Mar 3, 2024 3:38 pm

Marrrcuss wrote:I mean, i am a lebron/laker stan so no, i dont think MPJ will be perfect every game. I do know lebron was on one foot for half of the Denver losses so I still have hope, lol

I think the Lakers have consistently demonstrated they can play well against the Nuggets, play them tight, and put themselves in a position to win the game in the 4th quarter.

What's been just as consistent is the Nuggets ability to buckle down and finish the Lakers off. When the game gets really tight, the Nuggets are so much better offensively and more consistent on defense. I find every Lakers/Nuggets game I've watched since the playoffs, I feel like: well the Lakers can get this one if they have some great shooting luck! The Nuggets don't need the shooting luck as much. They have sound strategic advantages over the Lakers that they can depend on every time the game is close. The Lakers need something wild to happen, the Nuggets don't.

There's no point in saying one-game reactions like "i don't think MPJ will be perfect every game". He hasn't been perfect every game and the Nuggets have now beat the Lakers a whopping 8 times in a row. It's time to stop talking about this matchup like there's anything good to be taken away from a Lakers perspective. Accept that Denver owns you until further notice.
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach

Post#79 » by Marrrcuss » Sun Mar 3, 2024 3:45 pm

cupcakesnake wrote:
Marrrcuss wrote:I mean, i am a lebron/laker stan so no, i dont think MPJ will be perfect every game. I do know lebron was on one foot for half of the Denver losses so I still have hope, lol

I think the Lakers have consistently demonstrated they can play well against the Nuggets, play them tight, and put themselves in a position to win the game in the 4th quarter.

What's been just as consistent is the Nuggets ability to buckle down and finish the Lakers off. When the game gets really tight, the Nuggets are so much better offensively and more consistent on defense. I find every Lakers/Nuggets game I've watched since the playoffs, I feel like: well the Lakers can get this one if they have some great shooting luck! The Nuggets don't need the shooting luck as much. They have sound strategic advantages over the Lakers that they can depend on every time the game is close. The Lakers need something wild to happen, the Nuggets don't.

There's no point in saying one-game reactions like "i don't think MPJ will be perfect every game". He hasn't been perfect every game and the Nuggets have now beat the Lakers a whopping 8 times in a row. It's time to stop talking about this matchup like there's anything good to be taken away from a Lakers perspective. Accept that Denver owns you until further notice.

If ALL i wrote was abput MPJ, your post would make perfect sense but i mentioned lebron being no one foot for AT LEAST 4 of those losses. I know yall want to strip ever ounce of hope but it wont happen, lol. I read this board enough to see the emotional ties to lebron/lakers not winning. AGain, all the games have been close and the lakers havent been healthy in 90% while Denver has been. My hope is still there dawg, lol.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,781

Post#80 » by VanWest82 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 4:02 pm

Marrrcuss wrote:
cupcakesnake wrote:

If ALL i wrote was abput MPJ, your post would make perfect sense but i mentioned lebron being no one foot for AT LEAST 4 of those losses. I know yall want to strip ever ounce of hope but it wont happen, lol. I read this board enough to see the emotional ties to lebron/lakers not winning. AGain, all the games have been close and the lakers havent been healthy in 90% while Denver has been. My hope is still there dawg, lol.

Jamal Murray just beat you on one foot. He wasn't even supposed to play in this one, just grinded it out. Jokic was clearly having back issues in that first half. Lakers were the much healthier team in this one. Excuses.

Return to The General Board