March Madness Discussion (Men's Nat'l Championship Game: Mon 4/8: Purdue vs UCONN)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,501

Re: March Madness Discussion and prospect watch 

Post#901 » by bwgood77 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:35 am

___Rand___ wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
I'm not really high on this year's class unlike the last 2 years when there were some clear top prospects. Knecht from Tennessee should be a good shooter. I like the forwards on Houston and Tennessee as defenders, hustle and energy guys coming off the bench so maybe 2nd round (have no idea where they are rated tbh). Nelson from Bama as a 6'10" big who can handle and shoot.

Here's a sneaky prospect NOBODY has talked about - Ryan Griffen a 6'5" 6'6" shooting guard from Bama. Their best perimeter defender and a good 3 point shooter, still a bit raw and very skinny. He has long arms and limbs and athletic, the kind of body type NBA scouts like, and I have a feeling someone will draft him this year with mid to late round just based on his upside potential and a weak draft. Pick him up in 1st, stash him in G league till he bulks up. Personally I'd like to see him stay in Bama 1 more year but someone is going to whisper in his ear. But I don't know if Suns are going to wait for someone to develop given all the win-now players. So someone who's ready to play like Knecht?

Probably someone who is ready to play. They will only have a pick in the mid to late teens (unless they make a run in the playoffs). But yeah, someone who can play tough defense and shoot. I really would love a defensive C. They also need a PG so I was watching Kolek...but not sure of his NBA upside. He looks high IQ...kind of like Nash did in college, but a better shooter and passer in college...and defender. But obviously he's no Nash so maybe he ends up somewhere between Nash and TJ McConnell if he is able to make it in the NBA...seems like he will with that high IQ despite his size and limited athleticism.

But you can always use 3D guys. Not sure if they will be able to re-sign Grayson Allen and/or Royce O'Neale...they really need to keep Allen. He's been one bright spot this year for them.

Kolek is nice. Is his BBIQ enough? I don't know if he's quick enough for the NBA or how he's going to defend but this draft class, why not. IMO mature ready to play point guards are a rarity and you can live without one (trade for Schroeder from Nets). Grayson Allen has to be a priority for suns. He's fitting in there quite nicely. Larson from Arizona? How is Shannon from Illini? haven't watched him play TBH due to my disdain for B10 BBall. At 6'6" he's got NBA height.

I liked Larsson a lot until the Clemson game. Not sure about Shannon.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#902 » by bwgood77 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:36 am

eminence wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
I'm not really high on this year's class unlike the last 2 years when there were some clear top prospects. Knecht from Tennessee should be a good shooter. I like the forwards on Houston and Tennessee as defenders, hustle and energy guys coming off the bench so maybe 2nd round (have no idea where they are rated tbh). Nelson from Bama as a 6'10" big who can handle and shoot.

Here's a sneaky prospect NOBODY has talked about - Ryan Griffen a 6'5" 6'6" shooting guard from Bama. Their best perimeter defender and a good 3 point shooter, still a bit raw and very skinny. He has long arms and limbs and athletic, the kind of body type NBA scouts like, and I have a feeling someone will draft him this year with mid to late round just based on his upside potential and a weak draft. Pick him up in 1st, stash him in G league till he bulks up. Personally I'd like to see him stay in Bama 1 more year but someone is going to whisper in his ear. But I don't know if Suns are going to wait for someone to develop given all the win-now players. So someone who's ready to play like Knecht?

Probably someone who is ready to play. They will only have a pick in the mid to late teens (unless they make a run in the playoffs). But yeah, someone who can play tough defense and shoot. I really would love a defensive C. They also need a PG so I was watching Kolek...but not sure of his NBA upside. He looks high IQ...kind of like Nash did in college, but a better shooter and passer in college...and defender. But obviously he's no Nash so maybe he ends up somewhere between Nash and TJ McConnell if he is able to make it in the NBA...seems like he will with that high IQ despite his size and limited athleticism.

But you can always use 3D guys. Not sure if they will be able to re-sign Grayson Allen and/or Royce O'Neale...they really need to keep Allen. He's been one bright spot this year for them.

I don't see many defensive centers in the mid first (unless Clingan fell), in the 2nd Adem Bona or Holmes II could be options.

Kalkbrenner for Creighton could maybe pull off a poor man's BroLo impression.

Would love it if Clingan fell, but that's doubtful. I do kind of like Holmes.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#903 » by bwgood77 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:36 am

eminence wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:

I don't see many defensive centers in the mid first (unless Clingan fell), in the 2nd Adem Bona or Holmes II could be options.

Kalkbrenner for Creighton could maybe pull off a poor man's BroLo impression.

Would love it if Clingan fell, but that's doubtful. I do kind of like Holmes.
___Rand___
General Manager
And1: 9,820

Post#904 » by ___Rand___ » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:42 am

bwgood77 wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Kolek is nice. Is his BBIQ enough? I don't know if he's quick enough for the NBA or how he's going to defend but this draft class, why not. IMO mature ready to play point guards are a rarity and you can live without one (trade for Schroeder from Nets). Grayson Allen has to be a priority for suns. He's fitting in there quite nicely. Larson from Arizona? How is Shannon from Illini? haven't watched him play TBH due to my disdain for B10 BBall. At 6'6" he's got NBA height.

I liked Larsson a lot until the Clemson game. Not sure about Shannon.

IKR! lol he shied away in the big game. That's why Love took so many shots! No body else wanted to take it. Eh I'm not going to be harsh on a player based on one game.

I have to watch Shannon more. He's making noise. Will go back and watch game tapes before draft.
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,761

Post#905 » by eminence » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:51 am

Creighton depth is so rough. Without Alexander playing well this is going to be very difficult for them (Kalkbrenner isn't playing great either).
I bought a boat.
rockmanslim
General Manager
And1: 5,306

Post#906 » by rockmanslim » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:52 am

Sharpe no showed for some reason what happened
click

"Harden's a guy that averages 26 in the NBA, but if he was on the playground with you he'd only average about 5 because they wouldn't let him get those free throws." --Scott Hastings, April 6, 2013

Movics
Pro Prospect
And1: 695

Post#907 » by Movics » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:58 am

No, please… NOOOOO
all I ever needed was somebody with some reason who can keep me sane
Ever since I can remember, I've been keepin' it together, but I'm feelin' strange
___Rand___
General Manager
And1: 9,820

Post#908 » by ___Rand___ » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:59 am

Hold on tight folk!
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,616

Post#909 » by azcatz11 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:01 am

And1!
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#910 » by azcatz11 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:04 am

I’d go quick 2 here
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,718

Post#911 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:10 am

I will have no voice tomorrow. Gotta love March!!!
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,844

Post#912 » by RookieStar » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:11 am

Duuuuuuuukkkkkeeeeee!!!!!
Movics
Pro Prospect
And1: 695

Post#913 » by Movics » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:11 am

Duke is winning it all, aren’t they? Can’t stand teams with big, white centers that are just there because of their length with close to zero skills
all I ever needed was somebody with some reason who can keep me sane
Ever since I can remember, I've been keepin' it together, but I'm feelin' strange
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,883

Post#914 » by jkvonny » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:11 am

God dang it, Houston.

Another busted bracket. Had them winning the Championship game against AZ lol :( :-?
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#915 » by RookieStar » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:12 am

Small lining for my Magic loss
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#916 » by RookieStar » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:12 am

Movics wrote:Duke is winning it all, aren’t they? Can’t stand teams with big, white centers…

Eeerrrrr what now?
jkvonny
Lead Assistant

Post#917 » by jkvonny » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:12 am

Tenn about to go to Elite 8 for the first time since 2010 ish.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant

Post#918 » by jkvonny » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:14 am

___Rand___ wrote:
eminence wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Who got injured? I heard them talking about an injured guy and saw a guy going to the locker room but wasn't paying close enough attention.

Shead sprained his ankle badly.

Yeah it's over for Houston witho Shead. He's their engine.

Yup, that did it.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,718

Post#919 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:21 am

Movics wrote:Duke is winning it all, aren’t they? Can’t stand teams with big, white centers that are just there because of their length with close to zero skills

Wait are you saying Flip (Duke’s big) is just there because of his length and has no skills?

If so, the dude is a protected lotto pick this year because of his skills.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#920 » by azcatz11 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:22 am

Duke4life831 wrote:I will have no voice tomorrow. Gotta love March!!!

nice win…Duke is legit

Return to The General Board