DLo: Being publicly humiliated has made me an on-court "killer"

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,272

Re: DLo: Being publicly humiliated has made me an on-court 

Post#81 » by brutalitops » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:34 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
brutalitops wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
AR/Rui/Gabe and definitely 1000% DLo will be traded this upcoming season for a 3rd Star
a dude with a player option on his contract being traded. Yeah sure mate.
You can easily sign and trade DLo
What are you talking about?

Cool. Why didn't it happen at the deadline?
Why would D'lo take a trade deal unless a team is going to pay him more and give him more years, Which makes his contract worse? Nephew take. Sure the other contracts are palletable if someone wants to force their way to the lakers and they get the lakers two first rounders, But D'lo as a trade asset? Is he going to take LESS to go to a team which he has no choice? Or would he simply walk to FA to probably get the same-ish contract but pick where he goes to play? He knows if he stays as well suddenly he becomes a 19m Expiring and he's gone at the deadline, Absolutely no trade value and your dreaming if you think otherwise
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,127

Re: DLo: Being publicly humiliated has made me an on-court "killer" 

Post#82 » by ItsDanger » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:22 pm

Discount version of a better player. The worst kind because they can't play a role on team consistently. Move on from this type.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 13,038

Post#83 » by whatisacenter » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:46 pm

He is more of an on-the-bench team chemistry killer! :lol:
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
ReddoverKobe
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,919

Post#84 » by ReddoverKobe » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:03 pm

Guy cant play the Bucks every game lol
LaLover11
Pro Prospect
And1: 594

Post#85 » by LaLover11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:05 pm

ReddoverKobe wrote:Guy cant play the Bucks every game lol

He's about to get traded to the Bucks along with Gabe, Vando, Rui, AR for Lillard lol
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 270

Post#86 » by WentzerWuver » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:51 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
AR/Rui/Gabe and definitely 1000% DLo will be traded this upcoming season for a 3rd Star
What makes you think they need a 3rd star when Westy didn't work out. And I don't recall Denver needing a 3rd star to win a championship.

And as far as Dlo goes, if the Lakers are going to trade him, he just won't opt into his player option since they will be upfront with him during the off-season due to their long standing as a classy organization or are you into deceiving players like Morey had done to Harden?

The easy reason why the Lakers need a 3rd star is because LeBron will be 40yrs next season, it's not hard to understand Lakers need a Guard star to help with Scoring

Nuggets don't need another Star because they have the NBA's MVP and Murray. Porter Jr has become their 3rd Star going forward into next season and AG just gave them 29 pts without a dribble.

Lakers can just be upfront and tell DLo he's going to get traded and he could agree to a team that likes and will give the Lakers a good return for him.Dlo would be better off on another team where he can be #1 or #2 option to keep getting paid the most he can.

LeBron has always won with a #2 Star that's a Guard Kyrie & Wade. The bubble ring was a random fluke and AD was a lot younger and athletic plus they had veterans

If they can somehow get a player like D Murray/Cam Thomas/Sexton for DLo and pieces/picks they would be so much better next season

Lakers could then trade Rui/Vando/Reaves for a center
Again, no team wanted Dlo unless you toss in a first as incentive or did you not follow the trading deadline not long ago. Just cause you have this pie in the sky attitude to will things to happen, it doesn't in the real world of sports. If the Warriors didn't attach an unprotected first with Poole, the Wiz would never agreed to it. Mavs gave up bunch of role players and Grant who is a much better defender than Dlo, plus toss in their top 2 protected future first for a player the Hornet had no intention of resigning. So the Mavs got an F grade in that trade while the Hornet got an A cause future picks are in high demand for rebuilding teams.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/mavericks-hornets-trade-pj-washington-grant-williams-grades

So if you are okay to include a first round pick along with Dlo, you can probably get a Bruce Brown who is a solid role playing star cause you know how good he was with the Nuggets last year. So basically you traded a unprotected 1st round to get Dlo and now you need to attach another unprotected 1st round to dump him Lol
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 463

Post#87 » by Swift21 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:02 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
ConSarnit wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
Unfortunately the reality is it would be a team like the warriors or nets.

Lakers can trade Klay for the younger DLo
He would instantly become a #2 option or 6th man to backup Curry, warriors need to get younger

Klay would still give you the inconsistent game but he's atleast bigger and can semi defend Guards/SF's
I also think it would revitalize Klay's career playing off ball with LeBron would be a perfect match.

Lakers can give DLo a sign and trade 25 per yr contract and trade him for Ben Simmons. This would give the Lakers the Size and Defense they need and a Point Guard when LeBron is resting/during the season grind.

It's obviously a gamble with Simmons health but this would work. Nets can also receive Gabe to match $
LeBron & Simmons are great friends and same agency

Final team that would give up something would be Chicago Bulls. Lakers can trade DLo, Gabe, Max for DeRozan. This would help Lakers with a big guard scorer that can help throughout the season/Playoffs.

You can deny any of these trades would be possible this upcoming season but all these trades make the Lakers Bigger and Better vs keeping DLo next season and are actually realistic.

Are you familiar with anything about DLo’s time with the Warriors? They couldn’t wait to get rid of him. They dumped him for one of the worst contracts in the league at the time (Wiggins).

And the Lakers are going to take on $40m in Simmons salary for a guy who can’t even play? So they can waste another Lebron year?

Two of the deals you’ve listed (GSW and BKN) might be the most unrealistic deals in the league.

You're talking about the Warriors when Klay was still good and Draymond wasn't getting Banned from the NBA
Those times have gone and Curry would take any Scoring help he can get and at least make the Playoffs.
Warriors can also trade away CP3 instead of Klay for DLo
They regret giving up Poole for CP3 because they lost 3pt shooting and youth. Either way it's Klay or CP3 for DLo

Simmons will get LeBron's secret sauce and magically become healthy playing for a contender in the Limelight
He's made for SoCal and all the Media/Fashion/Weather

Doesn't matter if he misses the whole season and can atleast play in the Playoffs. Anything is better than D Lo giving you Zero Points and Not being able to Guard anybody. Literally wake up and realize he's in the same category as Isaiah Thomas, Sadly IT probably would've gave you more consistent scoring than DLo even right now... They both have No Defense anyways

I'm guessing they will get DeRozan or D Murray from the Hawks. Steve Adams would be my choice instead but who knows... None of these matters if LeBron decides to leave next season. If Lakers keep AD without LeBron they are not making the playoffs

Speak for yourself there. Moving off Poole's contract was one of Dunleavy's best decisions.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,126

Post#88 » by DonaldSanders » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:15 pm

WentzerWuver wrote:Again, no team wanted Dlo unless you toss in a first as incentive or did you not follow the trading deadline not long ago. Just cause you have this pie in the sky attitude to will things to happen, it doesn't in the real world of sports. If the Warriors didn't attach an unprotected first with Poole, the Wiz would never agreed to it. Mavs gave up bunch of role players and Grant who is a much better defender than Dlo, plus toss in their top 2 protected future first for a player the Hornet had no intention of resigning. So the Mavs got an F grade in that trade while the Hornet got an A cause future picks are in high demand for rebuilding teams.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/mavericks-hornets-trade-pj-washington-grant-williams-grades

So if you are okay to include a first round pick along with Dlo, you can probably get a Bruce Brown who is a solid role playing star cause you know how good he was with the Nuggets last year. So basically you traded a unprotected 1st round to get Dlo and now you need to attach another unprotected 1st round to dump him Lol

Just FYI, it was a top 20 protected pick in the CP3-Poole trade.

Swift21 wrote:Speak for yourself there. Moving off Poole's contract was one of Dunleavy's best decisions.

Ya it's been a very popular trade overall with Warrior fans, even if Steve overplayed CP at times he was a small plus for us last year and the Poole contract is gone.
ReddoverKobe
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,919

Post#89 » by ReddoverKobe » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:07 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
ReddoverKobe wrote:Guy cant play the Bucks every game lol

He's about to get traded to the Bucks along with Gabe, Vando, Rui, AR for Lillard lol

Sign me up!
BobbyPortisEyes
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,839

Post#90 » by BobbyPortisEyes » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:51 am

brutalitops wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
brutalitops wrote: a dude with a player option on his contract being traded. Yeah sure mate.
You can easily sign and trade DLo

Why would D'lo take a trade deal unless a team is going to pay him more and give him more years, Which makes his contract worse? Nephew take. Sure the other contracts are palletable if someone wants to force their way to the lakers and they get the lakers two first rounders, But D'lo as a trade asset? Is he going to take LESS to go to a team which he has no choice? Or would he simply walk to FA to probably get the same-ish contract but pick where he goes to play? He knows if he stays as well suddenly he becomes a 19m Expiring and he's gone at the deadline, Absolutely no trade value and your dreaming if you think otherwise
The Lakers aren't even allowed to receive a player in return in a sign-and-trade because they're above the apron.
hauntedcomputer wrote:Jokic is just a stranger dribbling a basketball. The humility bit could well be a carefully crafted business model for all we know. It's actually getting as tiresome as egotistical bloviating at this point. "Look at me, look how humble I am!!"
LaLover11
Pro Prospect
And1: 594

Post#91 » by LaLover11 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:53 am

BobbyPortisEyes wrote:
brutalitops wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:You can easily sign and trade DLo

The Lakers aren't even allowed to receive a player in return in a sign-and-trade because they're above the apron.

LeBron won't even be on the roster next season he's a unrestricted free agent
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#92 » by WentzerWuver » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:40 am

LaLover11 wrote:
CD_41 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
The Pelicans would love D Lo playing the Point Guard right now vs OKC instead of having McCollum.

Heat would sure love to have extra 3 point shooting to have a punchers chance vs Celtics while Butler is injured

Pistons definitely would take the offense from D Lo with that terrible team

There's plenty of teams that would love to treadmill with DLo and Lakers are not one of them.

You shifted the topic. The question was not of any team would want to pick him up, but if he is a No. 1 or No. 2.

He is at best a No. 3 for the Pelicans, a No. 4 for the Heat and No.3 for the Pistons.

Having said that: He does not fit into anything these teams are doing. He is not a Heat player in the slightest. Pat Riley would have heart attacks seeing D-Lo‘s effort levels.

I get that you somehow want to rescue his name, but it is time to find a new guy, buddy.

He's not my guy buddy lmao, Lakers just want anything for DLo instead of sticking him on the Bench next Playoffs.

Another team that could work out for him is Spurs with Wemby and Pop. They don't really care about winning and need a a point guard to simply pass to Wemby

He's a player that needs good Guard/SF Defense to hide him vs the other team. Hopefully he gets traded to team he wants
So let me guess, Dlo is a keeper now cause whether he goes or stays will always be based off his last game performance Lol

After game 1, he goes
Game 2, he stays
Game 3, he goes
Game 4, he stays
Lol

Seems like all Lakers fans falls under this same category as you instead of just accepting the fact that he's a streaky shooter like many others.
BruttoNostra
Senior
And1: 1,233

Post#93 » by BruttoNostra » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:43 am

LaLover11 wrote:
BobbyPortisEyes wrote:
brutalitops wrote:Cool. Why didn't it happen at the deadline?

LeBron won't even be on the roster next season he's a unrestricted free agent

He's got a player option for the next season, and even if declined, to clean the cap space his cap hold has to be renounced (which will never happen, since it means Lakers will lose whatever Bird rights they have).
So no, Lakers salary situation is still a mess with next to zero flexibility
Vita sine libertāte, nihil
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect

Post#94 » by WentzerWuver » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:36 am

So let me guess basing off the 1st quarter.

Dlo goes...

Lol

Return to The General Board