DLo: Being publicly humiliated has made me an on-court "killer"

Moderators: KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37

LaLover11
Rookie
And1: 733

Re: DLo: Being publicly humiliated has made me an on-court 

Post#61 » by LaLover11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:08 pm

ConSarnit wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
WentzerWuver wrote:What makes you think they need a 3rd star when Westy didn't work out. And I don't recall Denver needing a 3rd star to win a championship.

And as far as Dlo goes, if the Lakers are going to trade him, he just won't opt into his player option since they will be upfront with him during the off-season due to their long standing as a classy organization or are you into deceiving players like Morey had done to Harden?

The easy reason why the Lakers need a 3rd star is because LeBron will be 40yrs next season, it's not hard to understand Lakers need a Guard star to help with Scoring

Nuggets don't need another Star because they have the NBA's MVP and Murray. Porter Jr has become their 3rd Star going forward into next season and AG just gave them 29 pts without a dribble.

Lakers can just be upfront and tell DLo he's going to get traded and he could agree to a team that likes and will give the Lakers a good return for him.Dlo would be better off on another team where he can be #1 or #2 option to keep getting paid the most he can.

LeBron has always won with a #2 Star that's a Guard Kyrie & Wade. The bubble ring was a random fluke and AD was a lot younger and athletic plus they had veterans

If they can somehow get a player like D Murray/Cam Thomas/Sexton for DLo and pieces/picks they would be so much better next season

Lakers could then trade Rui/Vando/Reaves for a center

What team is in their right mind wants DLo as their 1st or 2nd option? Who is giving a good return for DLo?

Unfortunately the reality is it would be a team like the warriors or nets.

Lakers can trade Klay for the younger DLo
He would instantly become a #2 option or 6th man to backup Curry, warriors need to get younger

Klay would still give you the inconsistent game but he's atleast bigger and can semi defend Guards/SF's
I also think it would revitalize Klay's career playing off ball with LeBron would be a perfect match.

Lakers can give DLo a sign and trade 25 per yr contract and trade him for Ben Simmons. This would give the Lakers the Size and Defense they need and a Point Guard when LeBron is resting/during the season grind.

It's obviously a gamble with Simmons health but this would work. Nets can also receive Gabe to match $
LeBron & Simmons are great friends and same agency

Final team that would give up something would be Chicago Bulls. Lakers can trade DLo, Gabe, Max for DeRozan. This would help Lakers with a big guard scorer that can help throughout the season/Playoffs.

You can deny any of these trades would be possible this upcoming season but all these trades make the Lakers Bigger and Better vs keeping DLo next season and are actually realistic.
ConSarnit
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,747

Post#62 » by ConSarnit » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:11 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
ConSarnit wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
The easy reason why the Lakers need a 3rd star is because LeBron will be 40yrs next season, it's not hard to understand Lakers need a Guard star to help with Scoring

Nuggets don't need another Star because they have the NBA's MVP and Murray. Porter Jr has become their 3rd Star going forward into next season and AG just gave them 29 pts without a dribble.

Lakers can just be upfront and tell DLo he's going to get traded and he could agree to a team that likes and will give the Lakers a good return for him.Dlo would be better off on another team where he can be #1 or #2 option to keep getting paid the most he can.

LeBron has always won with a #2 Star that's a Guard Kyrie & Wade. The bubble ring was a random fluke and AD was a lot younger and athletic plus they had veterans

If they can somehow get a player like D Murray/Cam Thomas/Sexton for DLo and pieces/picks they would be so much better next season

Lakers could then trade Rui/Vando/Reaves for a center

What team is in their right mind wants DLo as their 1st or 2nd option? Who is giving a good return for DLo?

He would instantly become a #2 option or 6th man to backup Curry, warriors need to get younger

Klay would still give you the inconsistent game but he's atleast bigger and can semi defend Guards/SF's
I also think it would revitalize Klay's career playing off ball with LeBron would be a perfect match.

Lakers can give DLo a sign and trade 25 per yr contract and trade him for Ben Simmons. This would give the Lakers the Size and Defense they need and a Point Guard when LeBron is resting/during the season grind.

It's obviously a gamble with Simmons health but this would work. Nets can also receive Gabe to match $

Final team that would give up something would be Chicago Bulls. Lakers can trade DLo, Gabe, Max for DeRozan. This would help Lakers with a big guard scorer that can help throughout the season/Playoffs.

You can deny any of these trades would be possible this upcoming season but all these trades make the Lakers Bigger and Better vs keeping DLo next season and are actually realistic.

Are you familiar with anything about DLo’s time with the Warriors? They couldn’t wait to get rid of him. They dumped him for one of the worst contracts in the league at the time (Wiggins).

And the Lakers are going to take on $40m in Simmons salary for a guy who can’t even play? So they can waste another Lebron year?

Two of the deals you’ve listed (GSW and BKN) might be the most unrealistic deals in the league.
1993Playoffs
Analyst
And1: 3,572

Re: DLo: Being publicly humiliated has made me an on-court "killer" 

Post#63 » by 1993Playoffs » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:13 pm

Guy actually had a Zero point game lol
LaLover11
Rookie

Post#64 » by LaLover11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:24 pm

ConSarnit wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
ConSarnit wrote:

Are you familiar with anything about DLo’s time with the Warriors? They couldn’t wait to get rid of him. They dumped him for one of the worst contracts in the league at the time (Wiggins).

And the Lakers are going to take on $40m in Simmons salary for a guy who can’t even play? So they can waste another Lebron year?

Two of the deals you’ve listed (GSW and BKN) might be the most unrealistic deals in the league.

You're talking about the Warriors when Klay was still good and Draymond wasn't getting Banned from the NBA
Those times have gone and Curry would take any Scoring help he can get and at least make the Playoffs.
Warriors can also trade away CP3 instead of Klay for DLo
They regret giving up Poole for CP3 because they lost 3pt shooting and youth. Either way it's Klay or CP3 for DLo

Simmons will get LeBron's secret sauce and magically become healthy playing for a contender in the Limelight
He's made for SoCal and all the Media/Fashion/Weather

Doesn't matter if he misses the whole season and can atleast play in the Playoffs. Anything is better than D Lo giving you Zero Points and Not being able to Guard anybody. Literally wake up and realize he's in the same category as Isaiah Thomas, Sadly IT probably would've gave you more consistent scoring than DLo even right now... They both have No Defense anyways

I'm guessing they will get DeRozan or D Murray from the Hawks. Steve Adams would be my choice instead but who knows... None of these matters if LeBron decides to leave next season. If Lakers keep AD without LeBron they are not making the playoffs
CD_41
Junior
And1: 374

Post#65 » by CD_41 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:28 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
ConSarnit wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

You're talking about the Warriors when Klay was still good and Draymond wasn't getting Banned from the NBA
Those times have gone and Curry would take any Scoring help he can get and at least make the Playoffs.
They regret giving up Poole for CP3 because they lost 3pt shooting and youth. Either way it's Klay or CP3 for DLo

Simmons will get LeBron's secret sauce and magically become healthy playing for a contender in the Limelight

Doesn't matter if he misses the whole season and can atleast play in the Playoffs. Anything is better than D Lo giving you Zero Points and Not being able to Guard anybody. Literally wake up and realize he's in the same category as Isaiah Thomas, Sadly IT probably would've gave you more consistent scoring than DLo even right now... They both have No Defense anyways

I'm guessing they will get DeRozan or D Murray from the Hawks. Steve Adams would be my choice instead but who knows... None of these matters if LeBron decides to leave next season. If Lakers keep AD without LeBron they are not making the playoffs

Are you really insisting that a team would want D-Lo as a first or second option? You can't be serious.
"No sense in honoring an internet bet. This isn’t the real world get over stop crying like a baby."
"My first name is Hussien. Would you expect Saddam to honor a bet he made with Kuwait or the US?"

Hussein Fatal after losing a bet.
LaLover11
Rookie

Post#66 » by LaLover11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:30 pm

CD_41 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
ConSarnit wrote:

Are you really insisting that a team would want D-Lo as a first or second option? You can't be serious.

All I have to say to your question is Washington Wizards
Jordan Poole is literally their #1 option

DLo is better sadly and would make Poole his #2 option

DLo for Tyus Jones & Kispert?
Would the wizards do that idk but the salaries match up
Movics
Pro Prospect
And1: 780

Post#67 » by Movics » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:31 pm

Has there ever been a player with less impact who started 500 or more games?
all I ever needed was somebody with some reason who can keep me sane
Ever since I can remember, I've been keepin' it together, but I'm feelin' strange
ConSarnit
Assistant Coach

Post#68 » by ConSarnit » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:47 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
CD_41 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

Go to the trade board and make 2 threads:

DLo for Simmons. See how your fellow Lakers fans react

DLo to GSW: See how Warriors fans react

No offense, but these are not good trade ideas.

Do you see how bad Poole is? It's the worst contract in the league. There is no chance they regret trading Poole for CP3. It's probably one of the best trade of all-time considering how little they paid to get off of Poole. AS per your "lost shooting" comment: Poole is a career 34% 3pt shooter. That is below league average. Poole has had exactly 1 season of above average 3pt shooting. So no, they aren't missing his shooting.

edit: It's clear you don't understand how the league works. WAS is tanking on purpose. They aren't going to trade anything that might have value (Jones or Kispert) to try and win 3 more games. It doesn't make sense.
LaLover11
Rookie

Post#69 » by LaLover11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:57 pm

ConSarnit wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
CD_41 wrote:

Do you see how bad Poole is? It's the worst contract in the league. There is no chance they regret trading Poole for CP3. It's probably one of the best trade of all-time considering how little they paid to get off of Poole. AS per your "lost shooting" comment: Poole is a career 34% 3pt shooter. That is below league average. Poole has had exactly 1 season of above average 3pt shooting. So no, they aren't missing his shooting.

edit: It's clear you don't understand how the league works. WAS is tanking on purpose. They aren't going to trade anything that might have value (Jones or Kispert) to try and win 3 more games. It doesn't make sense.

Trust me if Wizards want to lose games and have cool ESPN highlights, D Lo is your guy lmao

Warriors would love to have a Jordan Poole for half the price 20 million a yr "DLo" he would actually fit in that team's offense and can be thier 6th man off the bench for Curry. Klay off the bench is not going to cut it

Keep thinking Lakers wouldn't rather have handicap Simmons vs D Lo. I would imagine they would take anything instead of 1-9 from three and 0-7 fg D Lo

Let's just admit he sucks and is better off being on a rebuilding team or a team like Warriors where they actually need his offense now that Klay has become frozen
CD_41
Junior

Post#70 » by CD_41 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:01 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
CD_41 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

If you can only name the worst team in the league, it is not a good start.
Also in no world would the wizards do that trade.
The reality is that the way teams build their rosters nowadays, no team would trade for him as a Nr. 1 or Nr. 2.
"No sense in honoring an internet bet. This isn’t the real world get over stop crying like a baby."
"My first name is Hussien. Would you expect Saddam to honor a bet he made with Kuwait or the US?"

In-N-Out 247
Junior
And1: 246

Post#71 » by In-N-Out 247 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:06 pm

On court Killer is hilarious. The only thing he killed last night was his chances to get another big contract. Going 0-7 in a must win game is not a good look.

DLO is what he is - a good regular season player, but he is not someone that can be counted on in the playoffs.

He has a tough decision to make with his player option. I don't think that there are many teams lining up to give him a big contract this off-season so I am thinking that he picks up the option. If he picks up the option I do think he will be traded. He has some value beyond just being salary filler, but that will be the primary purpose of his inclusion in a trade.

If he declines the player option, I am sure that Lakers will be willing to do a S&T with him. I am just not sure who would want him for more than the MLE.
LaLover11
Rookie

Post#72 » by LaLover11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:11 pm

CD_41 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
CD_41 wrote:

The reality is that the way teams build their rosters nowadays, no team would trade for him as a Nr. 1 or Nr. 2.

The Pelicans would love D Lo playing the Point Guard right now vs OKC instead of having McCollum.

Heat would sure love to have extra 3 point shooting to have a punchers chance vs Celtics while Butler is injured

Pistons definitely would take the offense from D Lo with that terrible team

There's plenty of teams that would love to treadmill with DLo and Lakers are not one of them.
Bobbymcgee
Starter
And1: 2,059

Post#73 » by Bobbymcgee » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:12 pm

Trade him for Jordan Poole after he opts-in to the last year of his contract.
LaLover11
Rookie

Post#74 » by LaLover11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:13 pm

Bobbymcgee wrote:Trade him for Jordan Poole after he opts-in to the last year of his contract.

Kuzma instead
CD_41
Junior

Post#75 » by CD_41 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:16 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
CD_41 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

The Pelicans would love D Lo playing the Point Guard right now vs OKC instead of having McCollum.

Heat would sure love to have extra 3 point shooting to have a punchers chance vs Celtics while Butler is injured

There's plenty of teams that would love to treadmill with DLo and Lakers are not one of them.

You shifted the topic. The question was not of any team would want to pick him up, but if he is a No. 1 or No. 2.

He is at best a No. 3 for the Pelicans, a No. 4 for the Heat and No.3 for the Pistons.

Having said that: He does not fit into anything these teams are doing. He is not a Heat player in the slightest. Pat Riley would have heart attacks seeing D-Lo‘s effort levels.

I get that you somehow want to rescue his name, but it is time to find a new guy, buddy.

ConSarnit
Assistant Coach

Post#76 » by ConSarnit » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:17 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
ConSarnit wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

Trust me if Wizards want to lose games and have cool ESPN highlights, D Lo is your guy lmao

Warriors would love to have a Jordan Poole for half the price 20 million a yr "DLo" he would actually fit in that team's offense and can be thier 6th man off the bench for Curry. Klay off the bench is not going to cut it

Keep thinking Lakers wouldn't rather have handicap Simmons vs D Lo. I would imagine they would take anything instead of 1-9 from three and 0-7 fg D Lo

Let's just admit he sucks and is better off being on a rebuilding team or a team like Warriors where they actually need his offense now that Klay has become frozen

GSW specifically got rid of DLo because he did not fit in their offense.

I beg you, please go and make a DLo for Simmons thread on the trade board.

I will admit DLo sucks. At least in the playoffs. Now you admit that all of your trade ideas are terrible.
LaLover11
Rookie

Post#77 » by LaLover11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:22 pm

CD_41 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
CD_41 wrote:

You shifted the topic. The question was not of any team would want to pick him up, but if he is a No. 1 or No. 2.

He is at best a No. 3 for the Pelicans, a No. 4 for the Heat and No.3 for the Pistons.

Having said that: He does not fit into anything these teams are doing. He is not a Heat player in the slightest. Pat Riley would have heart attacks seeing D-Lo‘s effort levels.

I get that you somehow want to rescue his name, but it is time to find a new guy, buddy.

He's not my guy buddy lmao, Lakers just want anything for DLo instead of sticking him on the Bench next Playoffs.

Another team that could work out for him is Spurs with Wemby and Pop. They don't really care about winning and need a a point guard to simply pass to Wemby

He's a player that needs good Guard/SF Defense to hide him vs the other team. Hopefully he gets traded to team he wants
LaLover11
Rookie

Post#78 » by LaLover11 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:26 pm

ConSarnit wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:
ConSarnit wrote:

GSW specifically got rid of DLo because he did not fit in their offense.

I beg you, please go and make a DLo for Simmons thread on the trade board.

I will admit DLo sucks. At least in the playoffs. Now you admit that all of your trade ideas are terrible.

Not Trading for Harden or Siakam was the dumbest thing the Lakers done this season.

AR is not untouchable when Lakers could've got players that are atleast capable of winning you a game or 2 in the playoffs.

My trades are realistic exactly how D Lo literally got traded 1 for 1 for Durant.

Have a great day :)
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,354

Post#79 » by brutalitops » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:29 pm

Domejandro wrote:
Gday mate wrote:Trading this flog for Conley and NAW made the Wolves killers on court.

Getting three seconds for the privilege of making that swap is still wild.

Always feel like our first year struggles Ainge felt bad and just gifted us Conley to be honest
CD_41
Junior

Post#80 » by CD_41 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:29 pm

LaLover11 wrote:
CD_41 wrote:
LaLover11 wrote:

He's not my guy buddy lmao, Lakers just want anything for DLo instead of sticking him on the Bench next Playoffs.

Another team that could work out for him is Spurs with Wemby and Pop. They don't really care about winning and need a a point guard to simply pass to Wemby

He's a player that needs good Guard/SF Defense to hide him vs the other team. Hopefully he gets traded to team he wants

Why do you want to ship him to all these teams in a role he won't get? This is so far from reality.

The Spurs, starting with next year will care about winning. Not saying they will win a lot, but they will care. And as for "a point guard to simply pass to Wemby", D-Lo sure is the last candidate that comes to mind.

The things D-Lo really needs is a deep look into mirror. He is not a No. 1 (never was) and should focus to play inside a teams offensive structure. He has to show more effort on defense and throw away the diva attitude.

Return to The General Board