Anthony Edwards ends John Collins with massive dunk.

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Drakeem
Sixth Man
And1: 2,046

Re: Anthony Edwards ends John Collins with massive dunk. 

Post#141 » by Drakeem » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:46 am

Nate505 wrote:
Drakeem wrote:
Nate505 wrote:I'm not sure why everyone clowns guys for getting dunked on. What would you rather they do, not try to block?
It has nothing to do with their intentions. Sometimes in life you do everything to the best of your ability and still get the short end of the stick. Yes, he tried to make the right play, but when you're on a poster like that, all of that stuff goes out the window. Sometimes you're in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Great. In that case they're better off not challenging the dunk at all. If you're going to mock someone for making an effort, why bother making the effort.
I mean, if a little mocking is what it takes for you to stop doing the right thing then oh well, aha. No one mocks the effort, maybe you should have put it a little bit of a better effort and you wouldn't be in the position to be mocked.

I know not everyone thinks the same way, but I know with my friends, family, etc, we'll poke fun at you if you end up on the receiving end of a funny moment or a wtf moment like this. I can't explain it; it's just a natural human reaction we have. Sorry it doesn't line up with how you act lol.
balleramil wrote:My Summer by Jarrett Jack

The one thing you don't know about our team is...
At practice we play freeze tag
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#142 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:19 am

Drakeem wrote:
IAMZOOTED2 wrote:
Drakeem wrote:It has nothing to do with their intentions. Sometimes in life you do everything to the best of your ability and still get the short end of the stick. Yes, he tried to make the right play, but when you're on a poster like that, all of that stuff goes out the window. Sometimes you're in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Nate is right. Without the defender no one remembers the play or the dunk.
O...kay? I don't get the point you two are trying to make. When someone gets crossed over and get their ankles broken, we praise the dribbler at the expense of the defender who fell. We're not going to say, "not sure why we're clowning the defender, what were they supposed to do, just stand in place?". You can do the "right thing" and be on the other side of a big play where you're unfortunately the loser in the scenario. Sometimes you just take it on the chin and move on.

Fair enough. I gotta take the L here. The crossover example is a good one.
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
Berbasecks
Freshman
And1: 67

Post#143 » by Berbasecks » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:37 pm

gavran wrote:
Berbasecks wrote:This is at least the 2nd NON DUNK this season being touted as the dunk of the year.

Very impressive regardless.

So what was it, a layup or a free throw?

a field goal
I am beyond death
Midst a dreaming affinity
Saving strength now, faint whispers
Come erotic communion in its splendour
SkyHook
Veteran
And1: 1,751

Post#144 » by SkyHook » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:54 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:I’m also fine with them not calling it, but this is definitely an offensive foul. Extended arm to the face before the defender makes contact:

Read on Twitter

Agreed. I love Ant and I’m rooting for the Wolves this year, but—while being an awe inspiring athletic play—it’s clearly an offensive foul, the initial contact of the play. You could even make the case for a flagrant 1; “illegal, non-excessive contact with an opponent above the shoulders”. Gouging eyes or raking the face of a defender is egregious, intentional or not.
Don’t make it personal, don’t take it personal.

Sellers don’t set market value. Buyers don’t set market value.
Market value only exists when two (or more) parties are in agreement.
Roy T
Pro Prospect
And1: 847

Post#145 » by Roy T » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:24 am

gavran wrote:
Berbasecks wrote:This is at least the 2nd NON DUNK this season being touted as the dunk of the year.

Very impressive regardless.

So what was it, a layup or a free throw?

Hook shot
Wolveswin
Head Coach
And1: 2,503

Post#146 » by Wolveswin » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:07 am

SkyHook wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:I’m also fine with them not calling it, but this is definitely an offensive foul. Extended arm to the face before the defender makes contact:

Read on Twitter

Agreed. I love Ant and I’m rooting for the Wolves this year, but—while being an awe inspiring athletic play—it’s clearly an offensive foul, the initial contact of the play. You could even make the case for a flagrant 1; “illegal, non-excessive contact with an opponent above the shoulders”. Gouging eyes or raking the face of a defender is egregious, intentional or not.

lol
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#147 » by Revived » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:18 am

80HD wrote:Dunk of the Year without a doubt.

Where he jumped from, the power, the finish. One of the nastiest dunks in a long time.

Dunk of the year is a dunk where the ball got thrown into the rim without a rim grab?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#148 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:56 pm

Immortalized.
Spoiler:
This should be the new NBA Logo. :rofl2:
Read on Twitter
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,534

Post#149 » by dhsilv2 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:10 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Immortalized.
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

.Wait they still have a slam magazine?
Dan33185
Pro Prospect
And1: 996

Post#150 » by Dan33185 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Immortalized.
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Looking at that picture, it still boggles my mind how that even went in the basket. He's so far away from the rim there.

Return to The General Board