Minnesota ownership change in jeopardy?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,120

Re: Minnesota ownership change in jeopardy? 

Post#141 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:03 pm

thinktank wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
brutalitops wrote:And in Glen Taylors "Interview" today about saying the deal is off, has also said they can't continue to pay a luxury tax bill this high and hard decisions have to be made, IE "Im the owner, in going to cut salary this off season"

Were ****. At least Arod/Lore had financial backers happy to buy in and spend. Taylor will not. This isn't a "Blessing in disguise" this is horrid for us

There’s no world where private equity backers were going to pay luxury tax. And they would/will take any cash out of the business as their prime return.

I do understand the frustrations but I actually think the chances of tax are higher with Taylor owning the team. I think Arod/Lore might be talking a big game there but they don’t have the cash.

I love it when realgm internet cowboys (being kind) opine with 100% confidence on what “private equity backers” (lol) will do. :lol:

Come back to reality. You’re posting here precisely because you don’t know these things.

Btw, I’m seeing reports that Lore (4 billion) is worth more than Taylor (2.5 billion).

Finally, doesn’t every team that goes into the luxury tax have “private equity backers”? I would think so.

Do you know what private equity is? Serious question.
thinktank
Analyst
And1: 1,725

Post#142 » by thinktank » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:05 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
thinktank wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
There’s no world where private equity backers were going to pay luxury tax. And they would/will take any cash out of the business as their prime return.

I do understand the frustrations but I actually think the chances of tax are higher with Taylor owning the team. I think Arod/Lore might be talking a big game there but they don’t have the cash.

I love it when realgm internet cowboys (being kind) opine with 100% confidence on what “private equity backers” (lol) will do. :lol:

Come back to reality. You’re posting here precisely because you don’t know these things.

Btw, I’m seeing reports that Lore (4 billion) is worth more than Taylor (2.5 billion).

Finally, doesn’t every team that goes into the luxury tax have “private equity backers”? I would think so.

Yes. No more stupid questions, please. It’s a waste of your time and mine.

20 of 30 NBA teams have private equity ownership.

Warriors do.

Biggest lux tax in the league.

Maybe don’t make such wildly illogical claims.
"a poor addition to the board"
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#143 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:14 pm

thinktank wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
thinktank wrote:

Warriors do.

No other majority ownership group has needed a PE deal to come up with the money to own the team or been more leveraged. This is obvious by how this has all been playing out. It’s very clear you don’t like the reality of the Lore/Arod group, which is they don’t have the liquidity. This is obvious from reporting. Others have pointed out how obvious this is. Your lack of understanding is your issue.
firedavidkahn
Senior
And1: 899

Post#144 » by firedavidkahn » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:50 pm

I will die laughing of it indeed turns out Lore and Arod are correct here and Glen Taylor wound up not even knowing the fine print in his contract... Then having the sale be forced through by a court.

It's such a silly outcome but when it comes to the Wolves you are better off expecting the most ridiculous thing possible.

Read on Twitter
?t=Zaf8QjOdlg-_GniN9sa97A&s=19

Edit:

Read on Twitter
?t=v1KVeaoSTEkaDeK07pQjRQ&s=19
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#145 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:55 pm

firedavidkahn wrote:I will die laughing of it indeed turns out Lore and Arod are correct here and Glen Taylor wound up not even knowing the fine print in his contract... Then having the sale be forced through by a court.

It's such a silly outcome but when it comes to the Wolves you are better off expecting the most ridiculous thing possible.

Read on Twitter
?t=Zaf8QjOdlg-_GniN9sa97A&s=19

Edit:

Read on Twitter
?t=v1KVeaoSTEkaDeK07pQjRQ&s=19

The agreement is subject to arbitration no courts. We also don’t have the whole thing.

Also, that dude is not an attorney. He is just some guy with a blue check.
CDM_Stats
Head Coach
And1: 2,045

Post#146 » by CDM_Stats » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:57 pm

firedavidkahn wrote:I will die laughing of it indeed turns out Lore and Arod are correct here and Glen Taylor wound up not even knowing the fine print in his contract... Then having the sale be forced through by a court.

So far every legal mind (with an actual PFP and a verified business) has said that its ironclad and that Taylor will be forced to sell. Great news for Wolves fans, who with the added bonus of getting competent leadership, will get to egg the old owner on the way out

Peaks and valleys of the NBA.. as my team is headed into the crapper the Wolves are ascending after a long time of being in the middle. Sunrise/sunset
firedavidkahn
Senior
And1: 899

Post#147 » by firedavidkahn » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:26 pm

This does not surprise me one bit
Read on Twitter
?t=eW-jjICYWGz--HOXZBfNbg&s=19

Things are about to get juicy with the Timberwolves

KG was right, Glen is a "snake motherf*cker"
Read on Twitter
?t=CafaC_lQ8r7pJqRR1QwfJA&s=19
thinktank
Analyst

Post#148 » by thinktank » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:40 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
thinktank wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:

Warriors do.

No other majority ownership group has needed a PE deal to come up with the money to own the team or been more leveraged. This is obvious by how this has all been playing out. It’s very clear you don’t like the reality of the Lore/Arod group, which is they don’t have the liquidity. This is obvious from reporting. Others have pointed out how obvious this is. Your lack of understanding is your issue.

Your lack of understanding is why you continue to talk like you know things with 100% confidence like ARod / Lore are less likely to go into the lux tax than Taylor when you don’t know anymore about it than anyone else, and you may know even less.

So be it.

When ARod / Lore win this battle and go into the lux tax next year, your post will get a well deserved bump by me.

Patience.
thinktank
Analyst

Post#149 » by thinktank » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:44 pm

firedavidkahn wrote:This does not surprise me one bit
Read on Twitter
?t=eW-jjICYWGz--HOXZBfNbg&s=19

Things are about to get juicy with the Timberwolves

KG was right, Glen is a "snake motherf*cker"
Read on Twitter
?t=CafaC_lQ8r7pJqRR1QwfJA&s=19

Taylor is a money grubbing idiot. Absolutely 100% **** that guy.

He’s **** with our best season ever.

The only reason is greed.

****. Him.
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,726

Post#150 » by 76thBearCub » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:53 am

You'd probably need to see the full contract (and be an attorney) to comment on this in any constructive way
cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 24,450

Post#151 » by cupcakesnake » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:03 am

Timberwolves are guaranteed to provide at least 1 soap opera level event every year. I'm just glad that it's happening at the ownership level rather than at the player, coach, or management, which would be more damaging to what's happening on the court.

Glad it's Glen Taylor punching a concrete wall instead of Jaden McDaniels.
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,309

Post#152 » by Cubbies2120 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:08 am

76thBearCub wrote:You'd probably need to see the full contract (and be an attorney) to comment on this in any constructive way

Or post something incorrect and a lawyer won't resist the urge to chime in :D
Knightfall
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,049

Post#153 » by Knightfall » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:42 am

Kat, Ant, Gobert, Conley, everyone else should be looking to run if Taylor stays.
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,229

Post#154 » by brutalitops » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:27 am

Knightfall wrote:Kat, Ant, Gobert, Conley, everyone else should be looking to run if Taylor stays.

Hey now, Glen Taylor has been nothing but loyal, just. Ask Garnett, Love, Butler about How Taylor operates. Definitely never refused to pay max players, give them full length contracts or badmouthed them and accused them of not trying.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,019

Post#155 » by Domejandro » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:30 am

Read on Twitter

Respectfully, I do not understand why Minnesota fans keep citing this Dan4Bowing dude.
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,019

Post#156 » by Domejandro » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:36 am

I think people slobbering over and guzzling up the Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore media tour is extremely embarrassing. Are we really getting amped about celebrity gossip like "Glen Taylor was against the Rudy Gobert trade" (clearly not too much, given that he signed off on it with near 80% ownership stake) and falsehoods like "Actually, it was us that pulled out on the Carlyle Group"? Feels like people are being rubes, none of these interviews have been compelling.

Frankly, we do not know how the agreement will shake-out until it is litigated. Anyone claiming otherwise is a clown show.
brutalitops
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,229

Post#157 » by brutalitops » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:47 am

Domejandro wrote:I think people slobbering over and guzzling up the Alex Rodriguez and Marc Lore media tour is extremely embarrassing. Are we really getting amped about celebrity gossip like "Glen Taylor was against the Rudy Gobert trade" (clearly not too much, given that he signed off on it with near 80% ownership stake) and falsehoods like "Actually, it was us that pulled out on the Carlyle Group"? Feels like people are being rubes, none of these interviews have been compelling.

Frankly, we do not know how the agreement will shake-out until it is litigated. Anyone claiming otherwise is a clown show.

They kinda had to? They got told via a press statement about Taylor pulling out, Taylor had an interview lined up about it immediately after and then ARod/Lore are now banned from attending games and speaking to personnel.

It's not them who started playing this out in the media?
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,746

Post#158 » by shrink » Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:01 am

Domejandro wrote:Respectfully, I do not understand why Minnesota fans keep citing this Dan4Bowing dude.

People (especially lately) want to believe any news that confirms their feelings.

They have no idea who “Dan4Bowing” is, or how he got his information, but it must be true, because Dan4Bowling said it!

I don’t think it’s surprising that most posters from other teams don’t think ARod and Lore have the bucks, but a section of MIN fans who have suffered under Taylor are choosing to believe that they do.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#159 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:46 pm

shrink wrote:
Domejandro wrote:Respectfully, I do not understand why Minnesota fans keep citing this Dan4Bowing dude.

People (especially lately) want to believe any news that confirms their feelings.

They have no idea who “Dan4Bowing” is, or how he got his information, but it must be true, because Dan4Bowling said it!

I don’t think it’s surprising that most posters from other teams don’t think ARod and Lore have the bucks, but a section of MIN fans who have suffered under Taylor are choosing to believe that they do.

The Dan guy is a marketing consultant. He’s just inserting himself with something he thinks will get a lot of traffic and thus bring more eyeballs to his website.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,679

Post#160 » by dockingsched » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:35 pm

Woj with some more heavy lifting for Glen Taylor

Read on Twitter
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore

Return to The General Board