West Playoff Seedings & Projections (Page 4 UPDATE)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Deivork
Starter
And1: 1,804

Re: West Playoff Seedings & Projections 

Post#21 » by Deivork » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:07 pm

Standings update: Mavs leap Kings for No. 6 with their win vs the Jazz. With the Kings' loss in Washington, they fall to 8th because the Suns (now 7th) won vs the Hawks too.

Timberwolves (3) - Mavericks (6) would be a really, really fun series.
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 5,858

Post#22 » by Exp0sed » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:55 pm

Deivork wrote:Standings update: Mavs leap Kings for No. 6 with their win vs the Jazz. With the Kings' loss in Washington, they fall to 8th because the Suns (now 7th) won vs the Hawks too.

since the Kings aren't all that (and now have lost Huerter as well and Ingram might miss time too, I don't any reason the Mavs don't close the gap to 5th which would mean the Clippers nightmare haha, meeting Luka and Kyrie in the first round..yikes

it's also possible that Minny without KAT will drop to 4 and you will get ur Wolves\Mavs series but as 4/5 and not 3/6 :)
Deivork
Starter

Post#23 » by Deivork » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:54 pm

Exp0sed wrote:
Deivork wrote:Standings update: Mavs leap Kings for No. 6 with their win vs the Jazz. With the Kings' loss in Washington, they fall to 8th because the Suns (now 7th) won vs the Hawks too.

since the Kings aren't all that (and now have lost Huerter as well and Ingram might miss time too, I don't any reason the Mavs don't close the gap to 5th which would mean the Clippers nightmare haha, meeting Luka and Kyrie in the first round..yikes

it's also possible that Minny without KAT will drop to 4 and you will get ur Wolves\Mavs series but as 4/5 and not 3/6 :)

Good points, indeed! What the heck happened to Ingram now? :banghead:

https://www.nba.com/news/brandon-ingram-knee-injury
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,723

Re: West Playoff Seedings 

Post#24 » by shrink » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:40 pm

Deivork wrote:
life_saver wrote:
Deivork wrote:Personally I would root for a Clippers-Nuggets WCF, because I think they're the 2 best and imo most deserving teams. For that to be possible OKC should keep the 1st seed and LA should not overtake Minnesota for the 3rd. Or else they both should move up one spot. I see the former as the likelier possibility because the Clippers have slipped off a bit lately and are 3.5 games below the Wolves. We'll see.

Why exactly would Clippers especially be more deserving than Wolves, Thunder ? Also I haven't seen much evidence to say Clippers are better team than Wolves at this point. Wolves will beat Clippers if they meet in playoffs

It's mostly subjective, I like them better and I want veterans to have their chance. That's why I stated "in my opinion".

Edit: also, as the standings are and my projections, for the Wolves to meet the Clips it would very likely need to be in the 3rd round. That's very unlikely to happen statistically, so I guess we won't know if Minnesota would indeed beat LA this year.

I understand regular season is different, but the Wolves nearly swept the Clippers this year

118-100
88-89
121-100
109-105
Deivork
Starter

Post#25 » by Deivork » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:48 am

Phoenix (42-29) climbs up the standings and overtakes both Sacramento and Dallas for the 6th spot for now, but with one extra game played.

All Top-9 West teams have won at least their last game: that is their doing their homework and are all on winning streaks.

Houston has won their last 8 games :o, and are just 1.5 game behind the 10th seed Warriors, who lost their last game.
Deivork
Starter

Re: West Playoff Seedings 

Post#26 » by Deivork » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:51 am

shrink wrote:
Deivork wrote:
life_saver wrote:Why exactly would Clippers especially be more deserving than Wolves, Thunder ? Also I haven't seen much evidence to say Clippers are better team than Wolves at this point. Wolves will beat Clippers if they meet in playoffs

It's mostly subjective, I like them better and I want veterans to have their chance. That's why I stated "in my opinion".

Edit: also, as the standings are and my projections, for the Wolves to meet the Clips it would very likely need to be in the 3rd round. That's very unlikely to happen statistically, so I guess we won't know if Minnesota would indeed beat LA this year.

I understand regular season is different, but the Wolves nearly swept the Clippers this year

118-100
88-89
121-100
109-105

So would you favour the Wolves against the Clips in a series? Maybe someone who watched those games could explain for the rest how that match-up would look like.
Deivork
Starter

Post#27 » by Deivork » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:11 am

Interesting turn of events last night: with their home loss vs Philly (39-32), the Clippers (44-26) virtually say goodbye to any hopes for the 3rd seed. Watched the game and they seemed out of sorts. The Sixers out-shot and out-hustled them. I think they miss Wesbrook's grit.

On top, Timberwolves (49-22) beat the Dubs (36-34) at home in a close game and remain the fighting and resilient team they've been all season, even without Towns. Thunder (49-21) clearly lost by to an improving Bucks (46-25) team, who killed them on the boards and with defense. Denver (50-21) is now back on the 1st seed and a potential Wolves-Thunder second round match-up looks yummy too.

Lakers (39-32) won at home vs the Pacers (40-32) and separate themselves a bit further (2.5 games) from Warriors and Rockets (35-35) at 9th.

New Orleans (44-27) beat the Pistons in Detroit and are now just 1 game behind LAC in the loss column at the 5th spot.
Bosnian Diehard
Junior
And1: 641

Post#28 » by Bosnian Diehard » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 pm

Exp0sed wrote:

The Kings have played really well without Huerter this half of the season. We’re something like 8-1 with Keon Ellis starting in place of Huerter and have something like a top 10 defense in the league post All Star break, in large part due to Ellis. Wouldn’t quite count the Kings out just yet. :)
Special_Puppy
Pro Prospect
And1: 670

Post#29 » by Special_Puppy » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:47 pm

The West would be even more chaotic if Memphis didn't have a historic amount of injuries
jkvonny
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,857

Post#30 » by jkvonny » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:05 pm

Special_Puppy wrote:The West would be even more chaotic if Memphis didn't have a historic amount of injuries

True.
Next season when they are healthy. They will be back to being good playoff team again.
Exp0sed
Head Coach
And1: 5,858

Post#31 » by Exp0sed » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:11 pm

Bosnian Diehard wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:

The Kings have played really well without Huerter this half of the season. We’re something like 8-1 with Keon Ellis starting in place of Huerter and have something like a top 10 defense in the league post All Star break, in large part due to Ellis. Wouldn’t quite count the Kings out just yet. :)

def not counted out and honestly it might be better for you guys to come into the postseason as complete underdogs, being the faves didn't really work out last year
Mrakar
Starter
And1: 2,456

Post#32 » by Mrakar » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:19 pm

I have Pelicans, Kings and Mavs at 48-34, Suns at 47-35, Lakers at 46-36 and Warriors 45-37. Sadly i didn't put Rockets in my projections because 5 games ago no1 gave them a chance.
If everything is going well, expect an WojBomb
#Pelslife :cry:
jkvonny
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by jkvonny » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:31 pm

Exp0sed wrote:
Bosnian Diehard wrote:
Exp0sed wrote:

def not counted out and honestly it might be better for you guys to come into the postseason as complete underdogs, being the faves didn't really work out last year

They wore the old GSW team out (defending champs) in the 1st round. Went all games 7 even had 2-0 lead on them. GSW blew their wad in that series just to squeeze past Sacramento. Kings did the Lakers a favor because GSW was exhausted and banged up. Lakers crushed GSW in the next round.
Had it been Kings/Lakers. Kings probably wins that series onto the WCF. Lakers dont match up well vs the Kings. Been that way for the past several seasons. kings own the Lakers in recent yrs.

The Kings hadnt made The playoffs in 16 seasons until last seasons turn around. They performed well last season.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by jkvonny » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:35 pm

Mrakar wrote: and I have the Warriors finishing at 45-37. Sadly i didn't put Rockets in my projections because 5 games ago no1 gave them a chance.

What?! :o

Are you sure about that? Lol
gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,407

Post#35 » by gottamakeit » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:39 pm

Mrakar wrote:I have Pelicans, Kings and Mavs at 48-34, Suns at 47-35, Lakers at 46-36 and Warriors 45-37. Sadly i didn't put Rockets in my projections because 5 games ago no1 gave them a chance.

You have a 3-way tie ?!?
how often does that happen?
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
Mrakar
Starter

Post#36 » by Mrakar » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:24 am

jkvonny wrote:
Mrakar wrote: and I have the Warriors finishing at 45-37. Sadly i didn't put Rockets in my projections because 5 games ago no1 gave them a chance.

What?! :o

Are you sure about that? Lol

I made the projections 4 games ago, and they **** the bed since then. They have easy schedule, 5 free games and i thought they can go 5-7 for the rest but they already lost 3 out of 4 which makes it almost impossible.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,440

Post#37 » by Mavrelous » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:36 am

Clippers need to snap out of it or they'll find themselves in the 6th seed war very soon.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
ChipotleWest
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#38 » by ChipotleWest » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:37 am

Mavrelous wrote:Clippers need to snap out of it or they'll find themselves in the 6th seed war very soon.

I have them as a play in, they're just 10-12 in their last 22 after they lose this game.

They just fell to 5th because they lose tiebreaker with Pelicans.

I think the Mavs will end up 5th.
Mrakar
Starter

Post#39 » by Mrakar » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:49 am

Kings loosing to Wizards and Bulls really stinks for them. They could have been tied for 4th right now.
jkvonny
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by jkvonny » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:08 am

Mrakar wrote:Kings loosing to Wizards and Bulls really stinks for them. They could have been tied for 4th right now.

They've had a lot of weird bad losses , could be a top 4 team.

Return to The General Board