The Celtics should be terrified of facing the Heat in the playoffs

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Sweet Serenity
Senior
And1: 937

Re: The Celtics should be terrified of facing the Heat in the playoffs 

Post#121 » by Sweet Serenity » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:12 am

JustBuzzin wrote:
bisme37 wrote:All season people have been waiting for KP to die like a pack of jackals lol but he's held up really well. 90+% of the games he's missed this year have been precautionary to help him avoid injury. (Knock on wood.)

All season people been hyping the Celtics as the best team in the East with or without KP.

Now that the playoffs are getting closer it's time to back up that hype. I been on the Bucks bandwagon from day 1.

All I ask is for the mods to let me have my moment if the Bucks beat the Celtics in the playoffs. I was pretty much laughed at all year for going against popular opinion. I'm even more confident now then I was back then.

Until then see you down the line my Bostonian friends. 8-)

You’re an odd one aren’t ya
UNCBlue012
Analyst
And1: 4,141

Post#122 » by UNCBlue012 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:14 am

I have a feeling the Celtics are not afraid of the Heat
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,093

Post#123 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:40 am

I have no idea what the Heat will do but I don’t see the issue with the timing of the thread when the whole entire point is predicting an upset. Also for those saying how great Boston is this season, Heat fans have been on the opposite end of this sort of thing, with the Knicks in the late 90’s. Didn’t matter how well Miami played, Zo was competing with Shaq for MVP in 99-00 and it was all washed away in a second round playoff series against zombie Ewing.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,491

Post#124 » by Patsfan1081 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:14 am

dirkdiggler4177 wrote:On paper, they are better, but how has losing Gabe and Vincent affected the team or the defense? We know that the Heat did not come so far because of their offense, so I am not sure if Duncan and Herro will have a big impact if they don't step up on defense.

Those were the two that hurt them last year, and it was in the paint where they were hurt the most. Porzingis’s health I think will make the difference in the series, they desperately needed a inside presence last year.
Cubbies2120
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,252

Post#125 » by Cubbies2120 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:16 am

I think you meant Hawks
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,384

Post#126 » by robbie84 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:55 am

Any team that shoots like Miami did last playoffs has a chance. That was the hottest sample size of shooting in NBA playoff history.
They're not as good as they were last year but they still have the defense, shooting and Jimmy Butler- so anything is possible.
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
Eagle4
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,956

Post#127 » by Eagle4 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:48 am

robbie84 wrote:Any team that shoots like Miami did last playoffs has a chance. That was the hottest sample size of shooting in NBA playoff history.
They're not as good as they were last year but they still have the defense, shooting and Jimmy Butler- so anything is possible.

You're right, they're better than last year. Not sure what this delusion of thinking Gabe Vincent who hasn't even played all year (and even in the brief stint he was healthy looked subpar) and Struss who is worse than Duncan, makes Heat better than a squad that added a top 4 rookie in JJJ, Terry Rozier, Bryant etc. Hell even Bam has suddenly added a 3pt shot and Celtics fans are deluding themselves that this squad is worse than last year LOL.

Funny enough it already appears Celtics are in full playoff form losing back to back games to the trae-less Hawks. Meanwhile Heat are ramping things up like usual.

If Celtics beat Heat in the playoffs then so be it, they were supposed to as the #1 seed and overwhelming talent and star power on their side. Now if they lose? Well Celtics fans better be prepared to hide and be considered the biggest laughingstock in the league (outside a similar flame out to Lakers). It's a lose lose situation :lol:
robbie84
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,384

Post#128 » by robbie84 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:39 pm

Eagle4 wrote:
robbie84 wrote:Any team that shoots like Miami did last playoffs has a chance. That was the hottest sample size of shooting in NBA playoff history.

You're right, they're better than last year. Not sure what this delusion of thinking Gabe Vincent who hasn't even played all year (and even in the brief stint he was healthy looked subpar) and Struss who is worse than Duncan, makes Heat better than a squad that added a top 4 rookie in JJJ, Terry Rozier, Bryant etc. Hell even Bam has suddenly added a 3pt shot and Celtics fans are deluding themselves that this squad is worse than last year LOL.

Funny enough it already appears Celtics are in full playoff form losing back to back games to the trae-less Hawks. Meanwhile Heat are ramping things up like usual.

If Celtics beat Heat in the playoffs then so be it, they were supposed to as the #1 seed and overwhelming talent and star power on their side. Now if they lose? Well Celtics fans better be prepared to hide and be considered the biggest laughingstock in the league (outside a similar flame out to Lakers). It's a lose lose situation :lol:

Yeahhhh, because JJJ, Rozier and the Hall of famer Thomas Bryant are much better than Gabe Vincent and Max Struss were for you in the playoffs last year. The Heat will also have another history making shooting performance throughout the playoffs. :lol:
One day Marcus Smart will be defensive player of the year, mark my words.
Eagle4
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,956

Post#129 » by Eagle4 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:43 pm

robbie84 wrote:
Eagle4 wrote:

Yeahhhh, because JJJ, Rozier and the Hall of famer Thomas Bryant are much better than Gabe Vincent and Max Struss were for you in the playoffs last year. The Heat will also have another history making shooting performance throughout the playoffs. :lol:

Uh huh and 5.4ppg allstar Gabe Vincent and 12PPG superstar Stuss trumps 19PPG Rozier (who replaced the corpse of lowry), rookie JJJ (posting almost the exact same production as Struss), driving Duncan Robinson and 3pt range extended, more aggressive Bam. Not even accounting Herro actually being healthy as he missed last year's entire post season. Real Einstein here folks :lol:
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#130 » by Revived » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:11 pm

This has actually come to fruition now. Celtics should win but Heat may make it competitive series even without Jimmy, ya never know.
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,826

Post#131 » by Quattro » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:28 pm

The Celtics should be embarrassed if it takes more than 5 games to win this series
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,329

Post#132 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:43 pm

Celtic send a message in game one and win by double digits !!!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,329

Post#133 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:38 pm

I woke up this morning and all of a sudden feel terrified of the Heat. :wink: :crazy: :lol:
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#134 » by Revived » Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:29 pm

They don’t seem very terrified.
LeBronSpaghetti
Junior
And1: 546

Post#135 » by LeBronSpaghetti » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:27 am

Imagine if Miami had Jimmy and Rozier
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#136 » by Papi_swav » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:49 am

LeBronSpaghetti wrote:Imagine if Miami had Jimmy and Rozier

HEATin4
B_Creamy
Senior
And1: 788

Post#137 » by B_Creamy » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:06 am

Celtics would get smoked if Heat had Butler
WentzerWuver
Pro Prospect
And1: 203

Post#138 » by WentzerWuver » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:27 am

1993Playoffs wrote:Wouldn’t shock me at all if they beat this Celtics team again
Not happening but knew these noob created post would appear like clockwork following a lose Lol
CodeBreaker
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,229

Post#139 » by CodeBreaker » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:46 am

B_Creamy wrote:Celtics would get smoked if Heat had Butler

and Rozier would cook Holiday
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,294

Post#140 » by Black Jack » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:52 am

The team most likely to get upset in the first round is Boston, and the team most likely to pull off a first round upset is Miami.

That said I still think Boston wins this series but man do they need to work on adjustments.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf

Return to The General Board