Is Jimmy Butler a HOFer?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Is Jimmy Butler a HOFer?

Yes
68%
No
32%

Total votes: 149

Eagle4
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,956

Re: Is Jimmy Butler a HOFer? 

Post#41 » by Eagle4 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:02 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
Eagle4 wrote:Some Bucks/Celtics/Knicks fans all voted no it appears :lol:

Edit: Minnesota too.

I think Butler has a case for most polarizing non mega star ever. Bulls, Heat, Philly fans for the most part ALL love and adore him but Minnesota, Milwaukee, Boston and New York fans all hate his guts. Then you have the Lebron fans due to their various matchups.

Seems weird to enter the start of a thread to make up a bunch of stuff about a bunch of fan bases.

It's a message board for competitive basketball/sports not some cancer forum, I portrayed what I felt in jest, get over it.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,737

Post#42 » by AussieBuck » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:11 pm

Eagle4 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
Eagle4 wrote:Some Bucks/Celtics/Knicks fans all voted no it appears :lol:

Edit: Minnesota too.

I think Butler has a case for most polarizing non mega star ever. Bulls, Heat, Philly fans for the most part ALL love and adore him but Minnesota, Milwaukee, Boston and New York fans all hate his guts. Then you have the Lebron fans due to their various matchups.

Seems weird to enter the start of a thread to make up a bunch of stuff about a bunch of fan bases.

It's a message board for competitive basketball/sports not some cancer forum, I portrayed what I felt in jest, get over it.

I see weird posting is just your thing. Carry on dude, happy to give you +1 on that attention you're looking for.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Eagle4
Bench Warmer

Post#43 » by Eagle4 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:42 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
Eagle4 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Seems weird to enter the start of a thread to make up a bunch of stuff about a bunch of fan bases.

I see weird posting is just your thing. Carry on dude, happy to give you +1 on that attention you're looking for.

I don't need your and 1 if you don't like my posting so much then put me on ignore and stop trying to police and cry like a little baby about a poor wittle post on the internet that hurt your wittle feelings. People will vote against a particular topic if they resent that person or thing, nothing new nor super egregious to state on a sports forum. If you cant handle little jest then maybe forums aren't for you. Get over yourself dude. :lol:
scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,749

Post#44 » by scrabbarista » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

NZB2323 wrote:Not only should he be HOF, I think you can argue he should be on the top 75(76) list.

Correct.
WolfAddict
Rookie
And1: 1,544

Post#45 » by WolfAddict » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:15 pm

I haven't voted, but I'd probably go no... Not because of any hate (I love Buckets) but because I don't necessarily agree with criteria that puts people in the HOF - There are a lot of current HOFers that I simply wouldn't put in there because of my opinion on what makes a HOF player.

Obviously this is just my opinion, but it has nothing to do with any hate for Jimmy.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#46 » by AussieBuck » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:58 am

Eagle4 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
Eagle4 wrote:It's a message board for competitive basketball/sports not some cancer forum, I portrayed what I felt in jest, get over it.

I don't need your and 1 if you don't like my posting so much then put me on ignore and stop trying to police and cry like a little baby about a poor wittle post on the internet that hurt your wittle feelings. People will vote against a particular topic if they resent that person or thing, nothing new nor super egregious to state on a sports forum. If you cant handle little jest then maybe forums aren't for you. Get over yourself dude. :lol:

It's quite a thing to get yourself worked up over an argument that you're clearly having with yourself. Hopefully you can sort out your differences.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Eagle4
Bench Warmer

Post#47 » by Eagle4 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:51 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
Eagle4 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:I see weird posting is just your thing. Carry on dude, happy to give you +1 on that attention you're looking for.

It's quite a thing to get yourself worked up over an argument that you're clearly having with yourself. Hopefully you can sort out your differences.
More projection and yet you're still here responding. Oh quiet and worry about your team not choking leads with your hof coach, yea you big mad :lol:
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#48 » by AussieBuck » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:02 pm

Eagle4 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
Eagle4 wrote:I don't need your and 1 if you don't like my posting so much then put me on ignore and stop trying to police and cry like a little baby about a poor wittle post on the internet that hurt your wittle feelings. People will vote against a particular topic if they resent that person or thing, nothing new nor super egregious to state on a sports forum. If you cant handle little jest then maybe forums aren't for you. Get over yourself dude. :lol:

More projection and yet you're still here responding. Oh quiet and worry about your team not choking leads with your hof coach, yea you big mad :lol:

Tell me more, friend.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,861

Post#49 » by Phila Tough » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:14 pm

Yes
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 20,937

Post#50 » by AussieCeltic » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:10 pm

Yes he definitely will be.

Although I think Jimmy Butler is held to a different standard than others. He’s had a few good playoff series and the rest are complete failures, yet he gets no attention like most other top players.

I mean, the dude averaged 14ppg on 29% shooting while getting swept only 2 seasons ago. We gloss over his bad series (which is a lot) because he had maybe 5 amazing series in his career.

Like everyone harps on about making the finals as an 8 seed. The fact is, that team shouldn’t have been a 8 seed in the first place. They were the 1 seed the year before.

Anyway, I say all that to concede he’s still a great player and deserves a HOF spot.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,681

Post#51 » by SelfishPlayer » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:40 am

Jimmy Butler and Jamal Murray have two of the more unique careers that I have ever witnessed. They have played like GOATS in multiple playoff runs, but they aren't that during the regular season. Reggie Miller is possibly a good comparison for them.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
Eagle4
Bench Warmer

Post#52 » by Eagle4 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:51 am

AussieBuck wrote:
Eagle4 wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:It's quite a thing to get yourself worked up over an argument that you're clearly having with yourself. Hopefully you can sort out your differences.

Tell me more, friend.

Not your friend, pal.
SportsGuru08
Junior
And1: 362

Post#53 » by SportsGuru08 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:21 am

If Frank Ramsey and K.C. Jones are Hall of Famers, then so is Jimmy Butler
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,018

Post#54 » by HMFFL » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:37 am

Jimmy Butler hasnpeofen himself greatly over the years.
Miami needs to give the aging Jimmy some help.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Return to The General Board