Monty Williams accuses the Knicks of stat padding, which causes Josh Hart to clap back.

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,219

Re: Monty Williams accuses the Knicks of stat padding, which causes Josh Hart to clap back. 

Post#21 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:20 pm

Billl wrote:As a pistons fan, I hope monty gets canned asap. But he's right. This used to be the sort of thing that would have ended in a fight or at least some really hard fouls and the potential for injury. You don't play your starters 40+ minutes in a 25 point blowout and you certainly don't let one of them jack up 20 3 point shots trying to set a record. That's just disrepectful whether it's in a high school game or all the way to the pros. The pistons had conceded early and put in 3rd string guys and thibs didn't follow the unwritten rules that make up good sportsmanship.

Thibs legit doesn’t know how to follow those “unwritten” rules. It’s honestly nothing personal. You guys could have been up by 100 and our starters would be getting a ton of minutes.
swyftdahoe
Senior
And1: 460

Re: Monty Williams accuses the Knicks of stat padding, which causes Josh Hart to clap back. 

Post#22 » by swyftdahoe » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:20 pm

This is the highest level of basketball. Teams should be running up the score as far as I'm concerned. If possible, it should be an aesthetic beatdown. You should be playing to the last second. Why not?
Yoshun
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,726

Post#23 » by Yoshun » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:26 pm

It's more embarrassing to ask your opponent to stop playing than it is to lose by 50.

"Guys, please stop shooting. Let us catch up a little."

What are they? 6 years old?
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,790

Post#24 » by Zeno » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:50 pm

I am not a fan of guys being left in long after the other team has put in their scrubs and conceded. I am even less of a fan of the losing team complaining about it however.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,311

Post#25 » by DrCoach » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:54 pm

Billl wrote:As a pistons fan, I hope monty gets canned asap. But he's right. This used to be the sort of thing that would have ended in a fight or at least some really hard fouls and the potential for injury. You don't play your starters 40+ minutes in a 25 point blowout and you certainly don't let one of them jack up 20 3 point shots trying to set a record. That's just disrepectful whether it's in a high school game or all the way to the pros. The pistons had conceded early and put in 3rd string guys and thibs didn't follow the unwritten rules that make up good sportsmanship.

In all fairness, we cant tell the difference between detroit conceding or playing hard
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,740

Post#26 » by zeebneeb » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:57 pm

Why does this have a thread? The Pistons are the worst team of the past decade easily, and are in the process of purposely torturing their fans.

Celebrate the 11 3-pointers, not the fact that Monty "im stealing money" Williams is a dolt.

Everyone knows this. Stop punching down.
Slacktard
RealGM
And1: 17,614

Post#27 » by Slacktard » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:58 pm

Monty Williams prob wouldn't mind being fired and getting $13m A year for the next 5 years to not coach the Pistons
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,657

Post#28 » by Clav » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:02 pm

Slacktard wrote:

Monty Williams prob wouldn't mind being fired and getting $13m A year for the next 5 years to not coach the Pistons

Exactly. Gores ain't canning him / pay Monty over 8 digits each year for 5 more years while another coach is ALSO being paid.
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,994

Post#29 » by cgf » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:21 pm

Billl wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
Billl wrote: hell, if you did that at a high school game you probably would start a brawl. When the losing team puts in the deep bench guys, every coach at every level knows that it's time for the winning coach to do the same.

Uh no.

What a bizarre belief and stupid to be starting brawls because you got beat. Why this gets glorified by some of you I'll never understand. Go take up MMA if you want to fight. Doing that isn't tough its cowardly bull.

It's not by "belief". It's what actually happens. Just google "high school coach fired for running up score" or something similar. It's really dangerous and leads to all sorts of retaliations. It's similar to why we have anti-taunting rules and you will T up guys with they stand too long over another guy etc. The whole idea of sportsmanship is that guys are behaving respectfully towards their opponents and that prevents all those type of issues from flaring up.

Some people have gotten so soft. Back in my day if you weren't good enough to hang with a team, you tried to get better for the next time you saw them...and if you lashed out due to your lack of ability, you got punished for acting like a child. What a weak & petulant response.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,994

Post#30 » by cgf » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:23 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:

Thibs legit doesn’t know how to follow those “unwritten” rules. It’s honestly nothing personal. You guys could have been up by 100 and our starters would be getting a ton of minutes.

That's just not true. Brunson played just 30 minutes with the lead being just what it was. We just don't have the depth to rest guys without risking leads dwindling...and we're in no position to f*** around with any potential wins.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,093

Post#31 » by axeman23 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:54 pm

What was the over/under on Donte's threes? :lol:
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,428

Post#32 » by TheGOATRises007 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:20 am

The dumbest thing in sports.

If you don't like losing by a bigger margin, play better.
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,358

Post#33 » by CIN-C-STAR » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

Jadoogar wrote:I hate this "running up score" nonsense. I understand it for kids when one team is vastly superior to the other. But these professional athletes, paid millions of dollars. Either play better or accept that you sucked and move on.

I agree but Monty didn't really say much either.
Sensational headline, much ado about nothing.
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,119

Post#34 » by The Moose » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:40 am

Read on Twitter

I think Monty was talking about this

Return to The General Board