Cooper Flagg wins Gatorade POY

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,802

Re: Cooper Flagg wins Gatorade POY 

Post#21 » by UcanUwill » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:00 pm

zeebneeb wrote:Another player the Pistons will miss out on landing the 5th pick again.

Kinda cool watching all the top tier talent pass the Pistons by, time after time.

For how much we dunked on Pistons the whole year, you guys still have something. Duren, Ivey and Cade are all somewhat promising. Flagg is now basically the only hope team lIke Wizards could have, if they do not get that pick, they for sure suck again for foreseeable future.

Speaking about this guy again, I often miss these male body features, but Flaggs shoulders are really wide, I think it is hard to not notice that. He has very Anthony Davis-esque physique.

scrabbarista wrote:But yeah, the Euro system definitely seems better for the youngest, most talented guys.

Another thing to point out, that his dominant triple doubles there, almost never featured double digit assists, but double digit blocks... Kid is not what white dudes usually are in this sport haha.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,807

Re: Cooper Flagg wins Gatorade POY 

Post#22 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:21 pm

UcanUwill wrote:Not to intend to troll American board, but when I see guy like Cooper Flag, I wonder how good American system is for those generational talents. What I mean, Cooper Flagg has no business of playing against high schoolers at this point, if he was Euro, he would probably already be getting Euroleague minutes, and IMO, it would also help his development, right? Instead I see headlines of Cooper Flagg having 50 point triple doubles in highschool competitions.

Even just that one year at Montverde High School has churned out dozens of NBA players, some of them just great players. I wouldn't discount it in any way. It is THE program to be in on the east coast. Recent grads....

RJ, Barnes, Cade, Flagg, Simmons, Embiid, Russell, Achiuwa, Moody, Duren, Nembhard, etc.

Return to The General Board