ORL VS HOU

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

WiggOuts
Starter
And1: 1,365

ORL VS HOU 

Post#1 » by WiggOuts » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:44 pm

Both of these teams have make recent resurgents and are both loaded with young talent. They most likely both make the playoffs with tons of room to grow. Which team do you prefer and why

HOU

Udoka

Vanvleet
Green
Brooks
Smith Jr
Sengun

Holiday
Whitmore
Thompson
Eason
Landale
Adams
Tate
Je green

ORL

Mosley

Suggs
Harris
Wagner
Banchero
Carter Jr

Anthony
Fultz
Black
Ingles
Isaac
M. Wagner
Howard
Houston
Bitadze

I think ORL will look pretty different next year as they have a lot of overlap and young guys that need more mins. HOU can probably maintain a similar rotation. I also personally like ORLs front office better

Who do you think looks better for next year, who looks like they can win a chip first and which team do you think will peak higher?
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,517

Re: ORL VS HOU 

Post#2 » by Harry Palmer » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:19 pm

Rockets have the Nets pick in this draft so I’d wait at least until the lottery before tackling this. But honestly they’re both so young it’s going to be really difficult to project collectively, so much potential variance it’s gonna be almost guessing.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
phanman
General Manager
And1: 8,393

Post#3 » by phanman » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:44 pm

I like Orlando because they have less overlapping talent and most importantly their two best players fit this modern NBA as do-it-all big wings that have the ability to stretch the floor. Paolo has improved to 36% this year and although Franz has regressed this season, he was did hit 36% his first two years and is 85% at the FT line with great form. Suggs has been a beast all year and we may finally be seeing the light at the end of the Isaac tunnel. WCS is an ideal 5th starter at the 5 and they have both the cap space and assets to bring in the missing piece to complete the puzzle.

With Houston, I like their roster make-up but they just more question marks around the roster. Sengun going out and the team ripping off 7 games with Jalen Green turning into superstar only confuses things more. I also think there is just too much overlapping talent with big contracts guaranteed to Fred and Brooks and Green, Thompson, Whittmore, Tate and even throw in Eason who need valuable developmental minutes. Their pathway to improvement is a bit more difficult to project I feel.

I don't really follow Mosley, but I think Udoka is an absolute stud of a Head Coach and I wish we hired him Toronto. If there is one guy I would bet on to lead team, he's that guy.
Fundamentals21
Bench Warmer
And1: 625

Post#4 » by Fundamentals21 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:18 pm

The Rockets have put something nice around Sengun, but I personally think ORL looks like the better team, at least this year. Banchero already appears ready to go, a 20/7 Alpha type guy, and beyond that Orlando has a ton of good defenders, in Black, Suggs, or Franz. Franz is another great international player as well, so ORL has a lot of potential going forward. I think HOU has some work to do, FVV is really good but Jalen Green is a more common player. They need to tinker with their roster a bit more.
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 16,961

Post#5 » by Shock Defeat » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:21 pm

Houston has higher upside but higher chance that they don't pan out. It all hinges on Jalen Green tbh. If he turns into a superstar then it's easily Houston, but if he regresses then Orlando is better.
WiggOuts
Starter
And1: 1,365

Post#6 » by WiggOuts » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 am

There are a few players that can easily become the best player out of these 2 cores. Sengun, Green, Smith all have superstar potential and Banchero, Franz and Suggs to a lesser extent have a strong case aswell. Kind of hard to project who will be the best in 5 years (probably Alpo)

Return to The General Board