Draymond Green gets EJECTED 4 minutes into game

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,031

Re: Draymond Green gets EJECTED 4 minutes into game 

Post#81 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:54 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:I'm all for giving Dray crap for some of his BS, but this is just yelling at refs. Just move on.

Are you saying he shouldn't have gotten the Ts or that him getting ejected is a big deal?

This thread isn't about dray getting away with stuff this time, it's about him being an idiot and hurting his team.
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,834

Post#82 » by SkyBill40 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 pm

og15 wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:And what will Silver do or say to him this time?

Same as the last: Nothing meaningful.

Sent from my [Samsung Z4 Fold] using RealGM mobile app

Why would Silver do something about him yelling and getting ejected? Nothing needs to be done about that aspect, that's on him.

Asked and answered. Green "yelling" is painting that exchange with watercolors and fingers; Green was full on oil paint and Jackson Pollock at that official. There's a fine line and Green gets to cross it on the regular even after his suspension. Expecting him to learn something is a joke. You want to teach him this can't continue? Suspend him for the season.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#83 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 pm

Did curry get asked about this at all in the post game interview? Wish they would've pressed kerr more about how they can rely on green going forward
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,206

Post#84 » by og15 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 pm

SkyBill40 wrote:
og15 wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:And what will Silver do or say to him this time?

Same as the last: Nothing meaningful.

Why would Silver do something about him yelling and getting ejected? Nothing needs to be done about that aspect, that's on him.

Asked and answered. Green "yelling" is painting that exchange with watercolors and fingers; Green was full on oil paint and Jackson Pollock at that official. There's a fine line and Green gets to cross it on the regular even after his suspension. Expecting him to learn something is a joke. You want to teach him this can't continue? Suspend him for the season.
The NBA's issue is with his dangerous physical acts. Since when did the NBA suspend players for a season for verbal outbursts against refs? Rasheed Wallace wouldn't have lasted his career if that was a thing.

That's not a thing, let's relax here, he didn't takcle the ref and put him in a headlock. He did something many other players do, he got the correct punishment for it.
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant

Post#85 » by SkyBill40 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 pm

og15 wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:
og15 wrote:Why would Silver do something about him yelling and getting ejected? Nothing needs to be done about that aspect, that's on him.

The NBA's issue is with his dangerous physical acts. Since when did the NBA suspend players for a season for verbal outbursts against refs? Rasheed Wallace wouldn't have lasted his career if that was a thing.

That's not a thing, let's relax here, he didn't takcle the ref and put him in a headlock. He did something many other players do, he got the correct punishment for it.

It's beyond that now. Green has created a pattern of behavior that's a problem in general, not just when he lashes out physically like a child might. And no one has been suspended for a season in relation to an official, so step back from the hyperbole a bit.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,533

Post#86 » by dhsilv2 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:15 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:I'm all for giving Dray crap for some of his BS, but this is just yelling at refs. Just move on.

Are you saying he shouldn't have gotten the Ts or that him getting ejected is a big deal?

This thread isn't about dray getting away with stuff this time, it's about him being an idiot and hurting his team.

I'm cool with the T's and ejection. This isn't a reason Silver should suspend him or something silly like others are claiming.
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,593

Post#87 » by HangTime » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 pm

Are the betting sites going to say anything about his player props?
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#88 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:

I'm cool with the T's and ejection. This isn't a reason Silver should suspend him or something silly like others are claiming.

Yeah silver shouldn't get involved in this one. It's more of a warriors issue.

It's kind of amazing green only had 8 techs going into the game. Like I feel he should be called (and pretty much any other player would be) for a T the way he screams at the refs. He should be in suspension territory based on the number of Ts.
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant

Post#89 » by SkyBill40 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Are you saying he shouldn't have gotten the Ts or that him getting ejected is a big deal?

It's kind of amazing green only had 8 techs going into the game. Like I feel he should be called (and pretty much any other player would be) for a T the way he screams at the refs. He should be in suspension territory based on the number of Ts.

And what are the Warriors going to do? Nothing. Just like they pretty much did when he punched Poole. Oh, wait. They did do something: They sided with Green and traded Poole. My bad.
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#90 » by dhsilv2 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Are you saying he shouldn't have gotten the Ts or that him getting ejected is a big deal?

T's aren't a big deal for the warriors imo. Suspensions are an issue. Violence has to stop. Yelling at refs...that's just something you deal with.
madskillz8
Senior
And1: 608

Post#91 » by madskillz8 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:53 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:

Yes, he just suspended himself. If the league stops giving him a leeway and starts treating him like any other player, he would be getting ejected literally every game. Problem solved.
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#92 » by dhsilv2 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 pm

madskillz8 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:

Yes, he just suspended himself. If the league stops giving him a leeway and starts treating him like any other player, he would be getting ejected literally every game. Problem solved.

I'm good with that too. Though, I don't like the refs changing things up.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#93 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:22 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
madskillz8 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:

I'm good with that too. Though, I don't like the refs changing things up.

Refs wouldn't be changing things up. They would just be calling Ts as DG was any other player.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#94 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 pm

SkyBill40 wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:

And what are the Warriors going to do? Nothing. Just like they pretty much did when he punched Poole. Oh, wait. They did do something: They sided with Green and traded Poole. My bad.

There is an escalation protocol in place for Ts. There have been other players who got a lot of Ts and they put it in place for consistency. The NBA just needs to abide by that protocol in terms of follow-up.
(However, the fact DG hasn't been getting Ts is a separate issue. I was just talking about NBA's response to this ejection.)
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant

Post#95 » by SkyBill40 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:29 pm

SkyBill40 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Yeah silver shouldn't get involved in this one. It's more of a warriors issue.

There is an escalation protocol in place for Ts. There have been other players who got a lot of Ts and they put it in place for consistency. The NBA just needs to abide by that protocol in terms of follow-up.
(However, the fact DG hasn't been getting Ts is a separate issue. I was just talking about NBA's response to this ejection.)

I'm aware that the league has a policy for issuing technicals to players; however, it seems to not be even remotely close to applied uniformly and as writ seeing many players get a lot more rope than others before it gets pulled. I get that we're all human and our tolerances are different when it comes to belligerence, but they need to apply the rules EVENLY and without any leniency seeing that doing so calls into question the officiating a whole and he league already has issues with it. The fans are tired of it and I can't blame them. And that doesn't even get into the whole sports betting thing (as that's a whole thread unto itself).
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,096

Post#96 » by The-Power » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 pm

SkyBill40 wrote:Why, you ask? Because Silver seemingly wants to be involved given Green's history of actions like this. Green has set a pattern of behavior, violent or otherwise, and no one is at fault but himself. Just because he didn't physically assault someone doesn't hold much weight here. Add in that Silver supposedly talked Green off the ledge from retiring is pretty laughable and clearly an empty threat by Green seeing he's learned nothing from his time away and is right back to his antics.

It's not Silver's place to be involved unless he makes it so, but Green clearly took little away from their interaction. So... Silver should reiterate to him, either officially or behind the scenes, that he isn't going to stand for this crap.

Green is not at risk for being kicked out of the league for accumulating techs. What are you on about? The issue was precisely about his violent behavior; not violent or otherwise. So yeah, him not physically assaulting someone matters here. It's actually the only thing that matters to the NBA.

Listen, I'm done with Green and his antics. I'm not defending him. I didn't defend his violence either. But you are totally off-base if you think the intervention targeting him had anything to do with him being an incessant whiner who won't shut up when he should. It didn't, and so he'll be allowed to accumulate techs for complaining just like every other player.

His current behavior hurts his teammates and the franchise. It doesn't hurt the NBA or other players, and therefore Silver or anyone else from the NBA will get involved until that changes again and he once more crosses a red line (complaining to refs is not crossing a red line).
dhsilv2
RealGM

Post#97 » by dhsilv2 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 pm

SkyBill40 wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:

I'm aware that the league has a policy for issuing technicals to players; however, it seems to not be even remotely close to applied uniformly and as writ seeing many players get a lot more rope than others before it gets pulled. I get that we're all human and our tolerances are different when it comes to belligerence, but they need to apply the rules EVENLY and without any leniency seeing that doing so calls into question the officiating a whole and he league already has issues with it. The fans are tired of it and I can't blame them. And that doesn't even get into the whole sports betting thing (as that's a whole thread unto itself).

It's so hard as a fan to know what these guys are saying to get these T's, unless the league mic's them up and then shares it. One guy might be less vocal but more offensive than another. It's just hard to know.
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,096

Post#98 » by The-Power » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:52 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:However, the fact DG hasn't been getting Ts is a separate issue.

He's the player with the most technical fouls since the 2014-15 season and consistently close to the top of the leaderboard. You can argue that he should have gotten even more (fair enough) but to say that he “hasn't been getting Ts” is factually incorrect.
SkyBill40
Lead Assistant

Post#99 » by SkyBill40 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:22 pm

The-Power wrote:
SkyBill40 wrote:Why, you ask? Because Silver seemingly wants to be involved given Green's history of actions like this. Green has set a pattern of behavior, violent or otherwise, and no one is at fault but himself. Just because he didn't physically assault someone doesn't hold much weight here. Add in that Silver supposedly talked Green off the ledge from retiring is pretty laughable and clearly an empty threat by Green seeing he's learned nothing from his time away and is right back to his antics.

It's not Silver's place to be involved unless he makes it so, but Green clearly took little away from their interaction. So... Silver should reiterate to him, either officially or behind the scenes, that he isn't going to stand for this crap.

Green is not at risk for being kicked out of the league for accumulating techs. What are you on about? The issue was precisely about his violent behavior; not violent or otherwise. So yeah, him not physically assaulting someone matters here. It's actually the only thing that matters to the NBA.

Listen, I'm done with Green and his antics. I'm not defending him. I didn't defend his violence either. But you are totally off-base if you think the intervention targeting him had anything to do with him being an incessant whiner who won't shut up when he should. It didn't, and so he'll be allowed to accumulate techs for complaining just like every other player.

His current behavior hurts his teammates and the franchise. It doesn't hurt the NBA or other players, and therefore Silver or anyone else from the NBA will get involved until that changes again and he once more crosses a red line (complaining to refs is not crossing a red line).

Where did I say he's at risk for being barred for accumulated techs? If you took that from what I stated, that's on you alone. Green has a well established pattern of bad behavior and him being suspended for his physical actions should have been a strong wake up call, but it doesn't seem like the alarm was loud enough. He could very well get another suspension based strictly on the rules for accumulated techs over time.

He's a mouthy, petulant man-child and that much is clear. He's given leniency and he shouldn't be. And it doesn't matter if it's due to his mouth or his hands. Fans are tired of it and I can't even begin to imagine how his teammates feel to this point.

And to set you straight: Naturally his league mandated time out was due to his physical actions and nothing else. Him being a general **** is just another byproduct of his entitlement he's been afforded. And "complaining" is putting it kind of lightly. There's complaints and there's expletive filled tirades. His was the latter, and he isn't alone in that kind of unnecessary crap.

Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,652

Post#100 » by Swish1906 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:32 pm

Any euro player would have gotten the 2nd T like three seconds into the rant…

Return to The General Board